Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Effect of Work on Personality

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rhykhani
Magician
Magician
rhykhani

The Effect of Work on Personality Empty
PostSubject: The Effect of Work on Personality   The Effect of Work on Personality EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:40 am

What is Personality?
It’s the image of one self and how we cut across others in society. Personality is what we perceive in our mind. What is inside, the thoughts or the conflict inside contributes greatly to our physical appearance too. There is a certain image that we hold of ourselves and that is what is projected outside. If a person in physically attractive then he or she uses it to their advantage to wiggle their way out of an unpleasant situation. Personality therefore is what you are and it’s your identity. Sometimes we live in this mirage that we are very successful and therefore tend to live in an unreal world when the situation is quite the opposite.

How do you feel about yourself?
This is a very important question which needs to be asked frequently. The image that one has of oneself has to be very positive. That is only possible when one loves oneself unconditionally. A positive approach helps to build ones personality in a way which is healthy. Inner conflicts always occur and the negative thoughts always weigh heavily on the positive ones because the goal seems nearer when in fact its not so. There was a time when I was faced with such a situation at work. It concerned an email sent by one of those numerous conmen who look for gullible persons to dupe over the net. Well my boss was one of those prospective one. I decided not to show him that particular email but my junior did so I went ahead and told him the truth that such emails were meant only for trashing but somehow my boss thought that I had deprived him from earning a fast buck. This cost me my job but I feel being honest and true to myself was more important than saying the things my boss wanted to hear. Ultimately the company folded up too. The moral ‘be true and honest to yourself no matter what it takes’.

Does your work enhance your sense of self or does it bring you down?
This is a question that needs to be asked time and again. Anything that creates a doubt about oneself is not worth pursuing. If as job is a job which just means a paycheck is not worth while. A job should bring out the best in a person. It should enhance self respect and enhance your prowess and professionalism. Definitely ones job should not bring you down in your own eyes.

Have you thought about how your work might be impacting your health, your relationships and your happiness?

Work should not be stressful, impinging on your relationships and happiness. Your work determines who you are. Although work maybe the centre point of ones life yet it cannot be the very reason for our existence. Work is important but family and friends are the reason to go on living Work cannot be the benchmark for success or failure but family and relationships are

Sometimes the work that one does may make a difference in the world at other times it may not but one little act of kindness towards your colleagues may make a difference in the environment we spend quality time. It makes one feel good about oneself.

Writer: Manju Dubey
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: The Effect of Work on Personality   The Effect of Work on Personality EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Ah there is true wisdom here. Thank you my friend for sharing. I have had many jobs where I was just a number no matter how good my work was. The bosses were condescending and everyone was miserable. The last job I had was the complete opposite. The bosses did everything in their power to make a pleasant and efficient workplace. They had much respect for us and involved us with many major decisions. The people were happy, the bosses were happy and all was well. Unfortunately, they moved far away and I no longer have that job.

Sadly, jobs here are few and far between and so we may have to take a job that is undesirable, but the job isn't your life, just a portion of it.
Back to top Go down
rhykhani
Magician
Magician
rhykhani

PostSubject: Re: The Effect of Work on Personality   The Effect of Work on Personality EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 10:40 pm

I wish you success in work and happiness in life
And thank you for your beautiful
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: The Effect of Work on Personality   The Effect of Work on Personality EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:49 am

rhykotokashi wrote:

What is Personality?
It’s the image of one self and how we cut across others in society. Personality is what we perceive in our mind. What is inside, the thoughts or the conflict inside contributes greatly to our physical appearance too. There is a certain image that we hold of ourselves and that is what is projected outside. If a person in physically attractive then he or she uses it to their advantage to wiggle their way out of an unpleasant situation. Personality therefore is what you are and it’s your identity. Sometimes we live in this mirage that we are very successful and therefore tend to live in an unreal world when the situation is quite the opposite.

Hmm, I think you have the ego confused with the personality in this paragraph, buddy. Ego creates illusion and a false image of self whereas personality is our true essence or who we are as a culmination of our experiences, relationships and thoughts.

[quote]How do you feel about yourself?
This is a very important question which needs to be asked frequently. The image that one has of oneself has to be very positive. That is only possible when one loves oneself unconditionally. A positive approach helps to build ones personality in a way which is healthy. Inner conflicts always occur and the negative thoughts always weigh heavily on the positive ones because the goal seems nearer when in fact its not so. There was a time when I was faced with such a situation at work. It concerned an email sent by one of those numerous conmen who look for gullible persons to dupe over the net. Well my boss was one of those prospective one. I decided not to show him that particular email but my junior did so I went ahead and told him the truth that such emails were meant only for trashing but somehow my boss thought that I had deprived him from earning a fast buck. This cost me my job but I feel being honest and true to myself was more important than saying the things my boss wanted to hear. Ultimately the company folded up too. The moral ‘be true and honest to yourself no matter what it takes’[/unquote]

I am so sorry you were wrongfully dismissed but I am in awe of your insight. I agree that you be true to yourself - how else will you find happiness if you are not? Many people see things like losing a job or similar problems as negative things, however when one door closes often another opens. Before new energy can enter, old stale energy must be cleared.

Quote :
Does your work enhance your sense of self or does it bring you down?
This is a question that needs to be asked time and again. Anything that creates a doubt about oneself is not worth pursuing. If as job is a job which just means a paycheck is not worth while. A job should bring out the best in a person. It should enhance self respect and enhance your prowess and professionalism. Definitely ones job should not bring you down in your own eyes.

This is a given. YOU have to live with yourself. It makes sense that self love and self trust will not be fostered through going against your own feelings. Many people stay in unfulfilling jobs and the rate of depression and suicide continues to soar.

Quote :
Have you thought about how your work might be impacting your health, your relationships and your happiness?

Work should not be stressful, impinging on your relationships and happiness. Your work determines who you are. Although work maybe the centre point of ones life yet it cannot be the very reason for our existence. Work is important but family and friends are the reason to go on living Work cannot be the benchmark for success or failure but family and relationships are

Sometimes the work that one does may make a difference in the world at other times it may not but one little act of kindness towards your colleagues may make a difference in the environment we spend quality time. It makes one feel good about oneself.

Writer: Manju Dubey

I think the concept of work has become sadly misaligned through the rise of capitalism. Work was meant to be an extension of our unconditional love for others. When we are in service to others, we are also in service to ourselves. It is the connectedness that is source energy. Originally it was never about money - it was about working side by side to create and manifest things for the good of all. Nowadays we are so conditioned to go to work to earn a living (like we have no right to live unless we earn), have a job (because those who don't do not have the same worth as those who do), and make good money ( ego ego ego). Why is a mother who stays home to raise her children and take care of the home not considered a working person? Her job does not pay nor does it have regular hours with time off each day for leisure and rest. Why are volunteers not considered to be working? Why is money equated with our self value? It is ridiculous and harmful on so many levels. You cannot put a dollar value on a soul.
Back to top Go down
rhykhani
Magician
Magician
rhykhani

PostSubject: Re: The Effect of Work on Personality   The Effect of Work on Personality EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 am

Excellent analysis
The beauty of the subject
Person can make an escape from work stress
Especially if co-workers and love between them and the fulfillment of
Then a high proportion of production work and to improve psychological and comfortable when entering the workplace directly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Effect of Work on Personality   The Effect of Work on Personality Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1