Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My map of Florence, 1542

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Virus
The Virus

My map of Florence, 1542 Empty
PostSubject: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:35 pm

Sorry, guys. I just have to brag. There's this forum called Fifthwind, where we do RP's. One of these is a community-created RP called 1542, which takes place in Renaissance Italy. I decided we needed some maps over the various cities that it is to take place in, and so I set out to make a semi-realistic map over Florence for the RP. And as I said, I'm damn proud of it, with the exception of not being able to get rid of the edge of the texture I placed over it, which you can see in the middle of the map, looking like a fold.

Here's the "finished" product when I had just drawn all the necessary (for the RP) buildings, but nothing else:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img27/7742/florencet.jpg

Here's the fully finished product:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img25/5954/florence.jpg

So, what do you guys think? Am my pride foolishly misplaced? blush
Back to top Go down
RHFay
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
RHFay

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:06 am

Neat! I like the parchment-look. It always makes things look "old".

And I always think maps are neat anyway. I used to draw all sorts of maps and floor plans when I played role-playing games. Alas, I don't have time for such things anymore.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:01 am

Thanks, man. Yeah, the parchment look really made it what it is. Before that it was really computer-ish, and MS Paint-ish, but then I threw on a parchment texture, and vĂ³ila, I have me an aged old map.

I just started doing maps yesterday, for another web-based RP setting I'm heading up, a Weird Western setting which required a few maps for towns. Then today, I decided 1542 needed one for Florence as well. I'm gad I took a class in PhotoShop a year or so back.

And the best part is it's really easy once you know how to do it, and yet it looks reasonably professional. mr green
Back to top Go down
RHFay
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
RHFay

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:08 am

The Virus wrote:
..and yet it looks reasonably professional. mr green

Indeed. I think it looks like a map you might find in an off-the-shelf role playing game.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:26 pm

That's awesome. I'm not nearly arrogant enough to aim for it to look like a real old map, but RP maps works for me. mr green
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Wow these are good Virus! I think you underestimate your talents.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Haha, thanks. I think it's my interest in making and playing a well-made RP-setting that drives me here. :D

I'm currently working on a similar map for Venice (Just started it.) The horror that are the canals are beyond my imagination. Not sure how I'll tackle that yet. unsure
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 6:44 pm

And here's the semi-finished product when it comes to Venice. No canals, and I'll not add any either, but I'll add some more numbers and points of interest 'n stuff. Anyway, enjoy. It's bigger than the other one, though so it might be a bit slow on the loading: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img11/3364/veniceq.jpg
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:38 am

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:40 am

Thanks. :D

Here's the finished product, though it looks almost the same as the one above, except for a few more numbers: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img13/4025/venicezbo.jpg
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:15 pm

thumup happy hour cheers I really like your look of 1542.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My map of Florence, 1542   My map of Florence, 1542 Empty

Back to top Go down

My map of Florence, 1542
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Scrapbook-
Jump to: