Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creepy Cash In

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Creepy Cash In Empty
PostSubject: Creepy Cash In   Creepy Cash In EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:54 am

Ok, I don't have a link or anything but everytime this advert comes on the TV my kids and I cringe. You know how there are all these add-ons you can subscribe to for your mobile phone like text your name and your lover's and get a compatibility report, etc? Well this one is called the death predictor. You text your name to the number and they text you back an accurate date of when you will die. The thing is, that the date that everyone receives is December 21, 2012... Shocked Talk about hysteria! seered Apart from the whole idea of this death predictor being really off morally, to instill fear in people over that particular date just goes beyond redemption...

File this one under: xplosiv

Last edited by Goth~Ink on Sun May 17, 2009 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

Creepy Cash In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy Cash In   Creepy Cash In EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:34 pm

More than the fear they instill I am surprised by the foolishness of people to even believe in such predictions! ahhh well.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

Creepy Cash In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy Cash In   Creepy Cash In EmptySun May 17, 2009 2:31 am

They will make a fortune, Arrgggghhhh... And here I am trying to tell the truth and getting no where... Or so it seems?

Actually I guess I am making progress albeit quite slow.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Creepy Cash In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy Cash In   Creepy Cash In EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:13 am

The stupid thing is that there are lots of gullible people out there who actually believe these phone thingies, especially the growing number of young teenagers with mobile phones. My 11 year old was like 'who would want to know that anyway?' when he heard the advert. He actually thought these people could predict when he was gonna die! I had to explain to him that it was just a money spinning scheme and nothing more. But the date they are using is really playing on people's insecurities. Nobody will know the truth about the Maya calendar or what happens in 2012 until it happens. There's already enough hysteria and fear building as it draws nearer.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Blue Water

Creepy Cash In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy Cash In   Creepy Cash In EmptyMon May 18, 2009 5:25 am

Yeah, that is shameless.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

Creepy Cash In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy Cash In   Creepy Cash In EmptyMon May 18, 2009 5:29 am

That pretty much sucks ass. The worst part is they actually make dough on it (while I'm not, darnit!) blu wink

But, seriously, this is just crazy. We should just sue the guy on December 22, 2012, for passing off false death predictions. eyeroll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Creepy Cash In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy Cash In   Creepy Cash In Empty

Back to top Go down

Creepy Cash In
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Random Ramblings-
Jump to: