Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vasectomy Complications

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RHFay
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
RHFay

Vasectomy Complications Empty
PostSubject: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:22 am

You know, I wouldn't have had a vasectomy done if I had known it would make my scrotal area hurt periodically, even a year or so later. When the doctor told me there might be an added awareness of that area, I thought he meant as a temporary thing. And pretty much, all I can do about it is take some pain relievers and deal with it. There are apparently no other complications; nothing is obviously wrong or out of place. I just have those nebulous symptoms known as pain and discomfort. And I can't even take Alleve as per the doctor's recommendation; it upsets my stomach too much! (Of course, it DID make the pain go away, eventually.)

I hate doctors.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:31 am

I hear your pain Richard. I had my tubes tied and clipped after my last child was born and I get pain from that too periodically. We make these choices to be responsible adults and look at what happens? My doctor didn't even warn me about any residual pain. He just played up all the benefits of permanent contraception and how it would improve my health. There is a lot to be said about their so called ethics and duty of care...
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:54 am

Sorry to hear this, guys. Doctors are generally idiots, it seems.

Hope you both feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:35 pm

That's the thing - you don't feel better - ever. Lol. It has been 6 and a half years since I had my op and it hasn't improved. In fact it has gotten more random. All you can do is smile and reach for the painkillers...
Back to top Go down
RHFay
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
RHFay

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 1:57 am

Goth~Ink wrote:
I hear your pain Richard. I had my tubes tied and clipped after my last child was born and I get pain from that too periodically. We make these choices to be responsible adults and look at what happens? My doctor didn't even warn me about any residual pain. He just played up all the benefits of permanent contraception and how it would improve my health. There is a lot to be said about their so called ethics and duty of care...

Sounds all too familiar, although the procedure you had done is supposed to be more complicated than the one I had done. That is why we opted for me getting a vasectomy, instead of Michele getting her tubes tied.

I guess I just happened to be one of the oddballs, one of the slim minority of men who complain about pain and discomfort after a vasectomy. I played the odds, and lost.

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.
Back to top Go down
RHFay
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
RHFay

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:04 am

Goth~Ink wrote:
That's the thing - you don't feel better - ever. Lol. It has been 6 and a half years since I had my op and it hasn't improved. In fact it has gotten more random. All you can do is smile and reach for the painkillers...

One of the thoughts going through my mind right now is, am I going to have to live with this now for the rest of my life? There was one day I bent over to pet one of my cats, apparently squeezed the wrong spot when I bent over, and suddenly felt as if someone had kicked me in the balls!

The discomfort and pain isn't constant, it comes and goes. And usually it's more of a nagging ache than a throbbing pain, unless I do something to irritate it badly, but it hurts enough that I can't just ignore it. Unfortunately, my sensitive stomach doesn't really like much other than Tylenol for the pain. Alleve did work, but it upset my stomach. And I refuse to solve one problem by causing another, although modern medicine seems to do that very sort of thing all the time.
Back to top Go down
RHFay
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
RHFay

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:07 am

The Virus wrote:
...Doctors are generally idiots, it seems...

That's what I say, and I'm sticking to it!

You should have heard the doctor who performed the procedure, when I went back because of this problem, going on about "primitive nerves" and "added awareness". It was obvious he didn't take pain following a vasectomy very seriously, brushing it off as just one of those things that happens.
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:45 pm

Wait till you get to be my age! laughtears Arthritus is horrible especially after an accident with nerve damage and added pain. I live with pain every day of my life and that's with prescription medicine! eeeeek My Grandmother, Mom and Dad all told me that you have to be tough to get old. They wern't kidding! LOL
Back to top Go down
Humaren
Magician
Magician
Humaren

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Have you considered reversing the procedure? Putting things back as they were meant to be? I seriously doubt that Michele, though I know nothing of her, would want you to live with random pain. Especially if that pain equals a kick in the balls.

Evidently birth control is an important factor in your relationship, but there must be a more satisfactory option.

Though I have not had the procedure myself, I do believe it to be reversible.

Question: Is Michele aware of your suffering?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vasectomy Complications   Vasectomy Complications Empty

Back to top Go down

Vasectomy Complications
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Boys' Bar Room-
Jump to: