Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
l1l1th
Hierophant
Hierophant
l1l1th

possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen? Empty
PostSubject: possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen?   possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:42 am

hi guys, sorry this is so long but this is somewhat bizarre and complicated. We live out in the middle the bush and my boyfriend had been driving back home at around 3:30am in the morning, so it was very dark and misty (beside it being a full moon) and had reached this point called Noble Falls, where the road winds down into a gully next to a steep rocky outcrop (the road is carved out of the hillside). There is an old abandoned pub at this point, and across from here it drops into a gully with a river/rapids running through which I have a sneaking suspicion run into the hill into an underground water source. It is part of the Avon River and is near a place called Woorooloo Brook (check out these links to see some photos of the terrain I am talking about: http://image62.webshots.com/62/7/94/41/515579441GTThXX_ph.jpg;http://image02.webshots.com/2/5/5/99/41250599vEjHCk_ph.jpg).

Anywho, he had been travelling at about 100km/h when suddenly this thing leapt out from the side of the road, travelling extremely fast, either in front of the ute, or it went straight through the ute. The weird thing is, there is no where it could of been on the actual road because it runs next to a sheer cliff face (unless it actually came out of the cliff face) and the only other possibility is that is leapt from the edge of the cliff face, which is a fair way up above the road and seems somewhat unlikely. There is no where it could have gone either, because it is a drop-off down to the rapids on the otherside, but it indeed it did just seem to vanish.

Anyway, this thing, although he only saw it for a split second, was definately not a kangaroo, as it was huge and he described it as white, with wiry strange-looking fur, with a long (about the length of a car) very straight and flat backbone, with no head and no tail and it was like it was galloping on four legs, but the way it was moving was sort of ape-like, as in the legs were moving in a circular sort of motion, coming over the head (it's hard to explain, but its definately freaky as I cannot think of any animal that moves like that). I have never seen my boyfriend shaken by anything before in his life, and he says when he saw it he got the biggest chill down the spine and all the hairs on his arms stood on end. The immediate word that popped into my head was 'bunyip' (or the 'yowie) as this area has a long Aboriginal history related to dreamtime myths about the rainbow snake and other 'mythical creatures' and funnily enough, there is a farm just up from the Noble Falls called 'Bunyip Park' (haven't found out why they named it that as of yet). I also know that Walyunga National Park, which is across from this location but still connected to the same waterway (The Avon River) is known locally as the home of the bunyip, or there have at least apparently been sightings of such a creature in that area. It is also known to be home of the Warrdarchi, which are some sort of hairy creature that according to tradition inhabit the area (perhaps the one and the same as the bunyip?) My boyfriend's description certainly fits descriptions of some yowie sightings, almost word for word, and he had also experienced car troubles in that exact area for the last few weeks (the car would overheat for some still unknown reason), with overheating also being cited in many other sightings.

What makes this even weirder is that this is the exact spot where one or all the street lights goes out on us, without a doubt, almost every time, when we are driving this road (there is 3 street lights at the pub, run off solar power, so theoretically A) they should all go out and B) they shouldn't go out every time we drive past!?). We have always discussed what it means as we both feel like it is someone trying to alert us to their presence there, and I have bad feelings and dreams about that old pub, and I get the feeling something very terrible has happened there in the past. It just seemed so bizarre that all these things and this new sighting of this creature all revolves around this same location, and now I wonder if it is all connected. The day after this sighting, I felt urged to stop at the rapids at Noble Falls. So I did and just sat there, wondering why I was here and then got out of the car and something told me to look in the bin. I did and it was full of rubbish and it was very strange, and I just shook my head and got back in the car, thinking I was insane. A few days later, the neighbour came over and said she had been driving back late at night and seen all these cops pulled up at Noble Falls, and they were searching the exact spot I had been at and the drainage ditch on the side of the road near the pub. I don't know what is going on at that place, but it is very, very weird!

Anyway, just wanted to share. Would love to hear some opinions. Omen? Aboriginal spirit messenger? Unknown creature? ET?
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen?   possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm

The only comment I can come up with, is what an unusual or odd experience...

You are your best guide through this I'm sure you and your boyfriend know this, work together and have fun... And if it isn't fun??? My thought would be find a different direction to go...
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen?   possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm

That is quite the experience! Have you been able to find out why the cops were in the area? Do keep us posted on anything else you discover. I'm watching some vids on youtube about yowie. Here in America we call him big foot.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen?   possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm not going to edit my original post, but I'm going to admit of skipping the part about the police, and that is really odd, I would think that they could be contacted or maybe you know of a friend that could provide information as to what the police were looking for.

Maybe an incident report could be obtained if all other forms of inquiry fail.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen?   possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:49 am

For some reason yowies are more frequently sighted than bigfoot. I live in an area that is a hotspot for them. About two years ago I had one come through my property and it made alot of noise and freaked my dog out. When I was in primary school, we had a school camp at a scout reserve about 15 miles from where I currently live and I saw two yowies there. I was terrified (I was only 10 at the time!). Just half an hour up the road, there was a report a few years back of one that was visiting a farm nightly searching for food. There are many reports similar to yours Lilith where yowies are seen crossing the road in front of vehicles - even some of them holding onto the back of vehicles trying to stop them. Could it be that as we encroach on their native habitat, like other animals, they are forced to adapt and therefore we encounter them more frequently? I am not sure as to their origin, but one thing seems certain - they are a species who are resilient and are evolving to ensure their survival.
Back to top Go down
l1l1th
Hierophant
Hierophant
l1l1th

PostSubject: Re: possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen?   possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:37 am

well, can't find anything regarding the police presence but there was one local story that caught my attention big time. A family who owns a farm about 500m down the road from where the boyfriend spotted the strange creature found half their herd of sheep mauled and mutilated in their paddock. I believe there was also 3 sheep carcasses found in their dam. The are putting it down to a pack of feral dogs that must be roaming the area and their was a warning in the local paper for farmers to keep a look out ...

For some reason, considering the recent circumstances, I really, seriously don't think it is feral dogs ... but there is no way in hell I am going to put my 2 cents into the debate around here, they will think I'm a crazy woman! Very interesting though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen?   possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen? Empty

Back to top Go down

possible yowie/bunyip sighting - omen?
Page 1 of 1