Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Virus
The Virus

Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song Empty
PostSubject: Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song   Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRFCsOXxIz0

I'm a good ol' rebel, a civil war song written by A BLACK MAN, singing about how much he hates the Yankees. cheesygrin Or rather, how much he hates their republic for not letting the Southern states secede.
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song   Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:45 am

Hey, I'm a yankee! affraid laughtears
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song   Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 2:01 am

This was written around 1903 if memory serves me right. Back then, there was probably still a lot of bitterness over how the constitutional rights of the South had been ignored by the Union in the Civil War. And there is still today, even. :D

My guess is this song is directed towards two types of Yankees - neocons who from the start were the ones who rejected their right to independence, and those Yankees who think that the South is just a bunch of inbred redneck racists. blu wink
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song   Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:44 am

"In one of the earliest English settlements in the New World, English Pilgrims from Europe first settled in New England in 1620, in the colony of Plymouth. In the late 18th century, the New England colonies would be among the first North American British colonies to demonstrate ambitions of independence from the British Crown, although they would later oppose the War of 1812 between the United States and Britain."
_ Taken from Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England

sun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song   Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song Empty

Back to top Go down

Politically incorrect but oh-so-beautiful song
Page 1 of 1