Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We project our strengths

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Solane Star

We project our strengths Empty
PostSubject: We project our strengths   We project our strengths EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:32 pm

We project our strengths

"Any situation that you find yourself in, is an outward reflection of your inner state of beingness."

-- El Morya

We have discussed that OUR WORLD MIRRORS WHO WE ARE BACK TO US. When we get upset by something outside of us, our reaction shows us that we have an inner wound to be healed.

Just as we can be unconscious of our wounds, we can also be unconscious of our strengths. If you are really drawn to the positive qualities in another person, you are being invited to own those same qualities in yourself.

"The people we are in relationship with are always a mirror, reflecting our own beliefs, and simultaneously we are mirrors reflecting their beliefs. So relationship is one of the most powerful tools for growth... if we look honestly at our relationships we can see so much about how we have created them."

-- Shakti Gawain

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

sweetheart huggz
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: We project our strengths   We project our strengths EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Yes, whatever we do are our strength.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: We project our strengths   We project our strengths EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:22 am

Hmm, I don't know if I agree that our relationships mirror what we are so much as they provide opportunities to grow as people and souls. I mean, look at violent relationships - there is always a dominant partner and a submissive one. They are not both violent (well in most cases). As much as I support the idea that relationships provide a good indication of what we are creating in our lives, I think that ideas such as 'our partner reflects who we are' can be deceiving. Just as the relationship between a child molester and his or her victim, or an alcoholic parent and their child does not indicate a mirror situation at all. This is where I have trouble with the new age movement - no disrespect meant to you Solane for posting this of course. Blanket statements are not always accurate. Yes, may be a soul chooses to experience being a victim of domestic violence as part of their journey in this lifetime but that does not mean they have violence and rage stored up inside them, just as all abused children do not grow up to become abusers themselves. It is the experience and the emotions that hold the most value in relationships, not the qualities of each person. We cannot become another person, but we can learn more about who we are from them. Being in a violent relationship helped me release alot of anger at myself over being a child abuse victim but it did not make me a more violent person. The only person I'd been hurting was myself. I found peace through watching the destruction acting upon that rage externally towards other people did in my partner's life. It made me realise that we have a choice in how to deal with our pain. His way was not my way. Through the experience and emotions of that relationship, I recovered my self-esteem and self-love. I also took away the valuable insight that Empowerment is the real power. Empowerment hurts none and improves all.

Over the years, I have found that questioning what we read is so important. Alot of this positive empowerment stuff sounds good but is not always to our betterment. I think there are many people who get caught up in the idea that all new agers are light workers with the answers, but they aren't. They're ordinary people like you and me who share their thoughts. Not all those thoughts fit everyone. This thought about our partners reflecting who we are does not fit me. It makes more sense that we would choose partners with differences to teach us something about who we are or who they are. If everyone in the world was the same, then how boring would those same conversations be over and over? Nobody would learn anything new or grow as a person.

External situations are the same in my eyes. What do we need to learn? What have we chosen to experience to enable us to learn? That is what our external experiences are based upon. Not what is inside us. What is inside us is who we already are - the point we have reached which is ready for this next lesson. At times, it may seem like outer is reflecting inner but in my experience that is only because we have not learnt that particular lesson yet so it is being repeated till we get it (how many nails in the driveway resulting in flat tyres??? I think it was 8 in 3 months!). My advice is, don't get too hooked on other people's words. Your life is YOUR LIFE. Live it and learn. Live it and grow. Follow your intuition instead of a new age book. Be happy and confident that you are on the right path for you, because you are clap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We project our strengths   We project our strengths Empty

Back to top Go down

We project our strengths
Page 1 of 1