Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Call me territorial but...!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Call me territorial but...! Empty
PostSubject: Call me territorial but...!   Call me territorial but...! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 pm

I really dislike it when people turn up to my house uninvited and just hang out here for ages... it makes me feel invaded. It's happened several times now, and it's always people who are actually here to visit Mr Gem. He doesn't like them just turning up either, but I think it affects me more because I seriously need time alone in my house to relax and regenerate after I've worked a 10 hour day. It's a small living room and I can't stand it when someone else is there uninvited! I really like to have my alone time and my time with Mr Gem, and somehow people don't get it that maybe we would like to have 'couple time'. Like his brother just turns up and sits down and watches TV. Or another guy who's here now and has been here for two hours already. I want him to leave but I have no idea how to set boundaries without seeming rude. If I start making dinner, he will stay and wait to see if he gets any food. If it's Mr Gem's bro, nowadays I'll just cook dinner and then serve it to Mr Gem and I - then his bro will leave. I know that sounds extremely rude... but we only have enough food in the house for two people, and if others want to eat here then they should be invited first, right?! hmm And right now I'm questioning why it seems there are no boundaries here, that people feel they can just turn up like this and sit around for hours even if I don't offer them anything. Mr Gem has tried to think up white lies he can tell people in order to get them to leave. But we shouldn't have to go to those lengths... so what's going on? I even had a dream last night that someone turned up unannounced, and in the dream I asked them directly if they could leave so I could spend the evening with just my boyfriend (ie Mr Gem). It's an annoying situation where I know what I need, but I don't know how to get what I need without being rude to people. unsure
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Call me territorial but...!   Call me territorial but...! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Ahhhh... ha ha ha! Just a couple of minutes ago I called upon Archangel Michael to protect my home boundaries and to prompt our visitor to go home... (with the provision of course that he get home safely and that this be for the highest good and safety of all concerned - especially since Michael is the Archangel of protection)... and I just heard our visitor say, "Oh well I better make a move..." and now he's leaving! woot lol... oh what a relief...
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Call me territorial but...!   Call me territorial but...! EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:49 am

Wow I missed this post! Sorry Gem. It sounds like you are on the right track though. Two things come out of this for me - one, your dream is telling you to take charge and set boundaries by asserting yourself, and two, you realise that you don't have to do this alone because there is help around you.

You know, simply put there are a few ways to go about solving the problem. You could be direct and let people know that there are certain times when you don't want callers or that you would prefer that if someone is coming they ring first. This isn't rude - it is setting your house rules and protecting your environment from unwanted guests. If you don't feel up to this method, you could mentally set the boundaries and ask your guides or Michael to help enforce them. Visualisation might help here. Imagine the house inside a bubble of white light with a slippery surface that outsiders are unable to penetrate. You could also visualise just you and Mr Gem in the living room alone and happy with no others intruding. Perhaps you could place some smoky quartz in the living area to absorb any negativity and repel unwanted influences.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Call me territorial but...!   Call me territorial but...! EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks Goth! I think the energetic protection is an awesome idea... unfortunately though I'd love to set the boundaries verbally, I can't see myself doing it in a way that doesn't sound annoyed or negative. Seems I'm having to set verbal boundaries in different situations lately and I feel bad having to do it - but in the recent situations where I've done it, it's been because I've absolutely HAD to. Boundaries are turning out to be a huge issue for me lately, as far as people crossing them goes. I think may be having to do some more boundary-setting in the future as well. I'm not sure why it's a problem that's cropped up, but it is. It makes me wonder if it's something that's occuring with me on an energetic level and then manifesting in my physical reality as a result. I can think of two people right off the bat who always seem to be penetrating my mental and emotional space, and for some reason I am susceptible to it without realising that it's about to occur. It's so weird. Anyhoo - I suspect that once I find a workable method on the energetic level, what happens in my physical reality may change too.

I have visitors staying with me at the moment - but they're totally fine. It was all mutually pre-planned and they are not intrusive at all - this is an instance where I'm enjoying having other people around! blu wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call me territorial but...!   Call me territorial but...! Empty

Back to top Go down

Call me territorial but...!
Page 1 of 1