Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THIS is insane! Eating Healthy is considered a mental disorder!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MoonChild
MoonChild

THIS is insane! Eating Healthy is considered a mental disorder! Empty
PostSubject: THIS is insane! Eating Healthy is considered a mental disorder!   THIS is insane! Eating Healthy is considered a mental disorder! EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:17 pm

In its never-ending attempt to fabricate "mental disorders" out of every human activity, the psychiatric industry is now pushing the most ridiculous disease they've invented yet: Healthy eating disorder.

This is no joke: If you focus on eating healthy foods, you're "mentally diseased" and probably need some sort of chemical treatment involving powerful psychotropic drugs. The Guardian newspaper reports, "Fixation with healthy eating can be sign of serious psychological disorder" and goes on to claim this "disease" is called orthorexia nervosa -- which is basically just Latin for "nervous about correct eating."

Read the complete SHOCKINGLY senseless (for normal brain using human beings) article!
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

THIS is insane! Eating Healthy is considered a mental disorder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THIS is insane! Eating Healthy is considered a mental disorder!   THIS is insane! Eating Healthy is considered a mental disorder! EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 pm

I was reading about that in a magazine not long ago, Moonie! I totally disagree that eating healthy is a mental disorder and that eating unhealthy foods is 'normal'. I'm going to admit that while I try to eat healthy, lately I've been having things like pies and sausages because they're so cheap, and easy to cook. While I've been short on time and low on money, it's been the easiest option for me. But am I happy about it? No way! I'm gaining weight and I don't like it! I do include fruit and veggies in my daily diet as much as possible though. I would love to eat only healthy food all the time, and I don't call that a disorder. But, on the other hand, if it becomes an obsession where the mind THINKS about it in a certain way, then that could be a disorder. Anything can become a focus of obsession. Exercise can also be a focus of obsession where the person exercises for three or four hours every day, and that is not healthy. People used to look at me weird if I didn't want cake or chips or whatever, and in my opinion it's weird when people want to force you into eating unhealthy food. eyeroll
Back to top Go down

THIS is insane! Eating Healthy is considered a mental disorder!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Boiling Point-
Jump to: