Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mercury Retrograde in Virgo on August 20th, 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Solane Star

Mercury Retrograde in Virgo on August 20th, 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Mercury Retrograde in Virgo on August 20th, 2010   Mercury Retrograde in Virgo on August 20th, 2010 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:23 am

Posted on July 31, 2010 by Dipali Desai

Just in time for the return to college, the back to school rush, and getting back into the knitty gritty of life. Another Mercury retrograde phase is quickly approaching, and so you can plan or prioritize around it now. Mercury shifts into “retrograde” or introspective phase on August 20th, 2010 until September 12th, 2010. Even if you are not part of the mad dash of back to school and gathering supplies, you will still have the same opportunities.

Mercury Retrograde happens at 19 degrees Virgo on August 20th, 2010.

Pre-Mercury retrograde the motto is: “Plan it out in advance”

A Mercury retrograde is a journey inwards to rest the central nervous system and all of the linear processes. A “retreat” for the Mind and mental energy, how about that? Changes the whole perception of Mercury Retrograde doesn’t it?! Mercury feels at home in the earthy service oriented sign of Virgo. We may contemplate our connection to the Earth, the land, environment and ecology. Now add a retrograde cycle to that and we may find ourselves going over and over details, possibly over-analyzing and overdoing things. We may be led to piece things together, sort them out and categorize them into compartments. This can be tremendously helpful if you have been living in chaos lately.

Wherever the Mercury retrograde transit happens for you, in this area of life you are being given an opportunity to methodically sort through the past and free yourself for the future. Leave no details undone, or at least get as much completed as possible from your end. Reflect on how much of a footprint you leave upon the Earth. This can include how much trash you create and dump out, to if you recycle and possibly even how much energy you waste. Since Virgo governs over efficiency and streamlining, this is a grand opportunity to review and make changes in your daily life. It starts with creating a simple schedule which includes everything that is a priority.

We begin to connect to the approaching Retrograde phase by the end of July 2010. Do a mental cleanse or silent mini retreat for yourself. It will be very helpful if you reviewed past issues that are snagging the mind to over-analyze or become hyper critical. That high-strung energy wrecks havoc to the nervous system and the entire body. Remember, Mercury in medical astrology symbolizes and governs over the lungs so – breathe consciously. Breathe through the knots and worries. Let yourself methodically untie knots of the past. Sort out what is a priority and what is no longer an issue and you can say goodbye to it.

What is lovely to experience during a Mercury Retrograde?

Here are a few suggestions:

- Time of reflection, introspection, inner organizing and prioritizing
- Non-linear activities; meditation, poetry, music, art etc.
- Revisit past friends
- Contemplate the “Service” you provide at work, community, etc.
- Finish up lingering projects
- Revise manuscripts
- Re-evaluate plans
- Tidy up loose ends in Communication (if possible – letters, emails, paperwork etc.)

Organize and sort through things
Do a ‘mental housecleaning’ (ideas, mental attitudes, perceptions etc.)

For DIYA: Do it Yourself Astrologers (aka: beginners)
To end with: On September 12th/13th Mercury at 5 degrees Virgo shifts into Forward Direction. Where does 5 degrees Virgo land in your natal chart? This is where the retrograde completes and Mercury shifts into Forward or direct motion. Also check to see if any planets are sitting on those degrees or nearby.

Quick Overview:

■Mental Engines cooling down preparation phase: July 31, 2010
■Actual Mercury retrograde phase: at 19 degrees in Virgo on August 20th
■Direct motion: Mercury at 5 degrees Virgo on September 12th
■Mental Engines ready to GO full stream outward September 27th
■Mercury leaves Virgo on October 3rd, 2010
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Mercury Retrograde in Virgo on August 20th, 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercury Retrograde in Virgo on August 20th, 2010   Mercury Retrograde in Virgo on August 20th, 2010 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:14 am

Wow, once again I am totally in sync with the planets without being aware until I read this. I have felt such a shift in my energy the past week. You know how you go about your days feeling kind of frustrated because you don't know what your purpose is and time is slipping by and you think 'well if I don't find it soon, then it will be too late'? I was doing that. I was reading all this highly intellectual stuff and trying to fit my round peg into a square hole but it wasn't working. I knew that everything I do connected somehow and that one day it would all make sense - but I wanted the prize NOW - I was sick of waiting for clarity and guessing at what I was 'supposed to be doing' with my life. That's when I figured out a better way - instead of projecting into the future, I just decided to live calmly in the now and accept that whatever I was doing that brought joy and satisfaction was my goal.

Gee, what a treasure chest I opened! When you give up outsider's expectations and take out the shoulds and supposed tos and just start enjoying your life, you attract more of what you like to yourself. Your shoulders no longer seemed wedge up under your ears from stress and you laugh more. Suddenly you relate better to your environment and the people in it. What is more, you feel the empty hole of not knowing disappear as quite naturally you allow yourself to simply 'be' who you are. It is like breaking the anaesthesia of living out of need to be accepted by the outer world and instead returning to the natural state of self acceptance which of course has the added benefit of feeling peaceful and secure.

Now when I read intellectual articles, it is because I want to and they bring me joy and understanding about the world I live in. When I choose to play computer games or Wii with my kids, it is because my soul wants to connect with the child within and bring her joy and peace. And when I come on here and delve into alternate thinking, it is because that too is part of my natural state of being. The guilt is gone. Therefore I am living in purpose and the road ahead has opened up clearly. I am the designer of my course and there are no wrong turns because at any time I can change where I am going simply by consulting my inner compass.

Breathe through the knots and worries. Let yourself methodically untie knots of the past. Sort out what is a priority and what is no longer an issue and you can say goodbye to it.

So important! If you find yourself holding your breath or not fully taking in air, then stop and take a deep breath because whatever is worrying you is holding you back. Stress is a killer. Sit and breathe. You can break the cycle just like that.

Organize and sort through things
Do a ‘mental housecleaning’ (ideas, mental attitudes, perceptions etc.)

You'll find that if you can start breathing normally again then the oxygen will kickstart your brain into thinking more clearly. Better still if you can retreat from the situation causing stress and then come back with fresh eyes. Go somewhere reviving and just breathe - a park, the beach, the garden, hiking - anywhere natural and away from the stress. It doesn't have to be for long. Just like when the bin is full we empty it, our minds and bodies can get full of stress that needs release. Breathe it out and take in fresh air. Let go of your stale thoughts and energy with your breath. Don't worry about nature absorbing it - the natural world is great at converting energy. See it as a gift with your return present being clean fresh air.

Once you come back the situation will look different. Change is constant so there is no way that things will stay the same. It really is your choice how you use your energy and the situation in your life.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1