Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exhausting debates...

Go down 
+2
Night Star
The Virus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Virus
The Virus

Exhausting debates... Empty
PostSubject: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:01 am

I just ended an annoying debate with some dude at YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXvLWB_NLKE ) about Obama. (I'm Derrick_Cole, and the other blockhead's the guy I debated with.) It was pretty damn annoying, to the degree I have an adrenaline rush now because the guy pissed me off so much. (Maybe I'm just easily angered, so I guess I have only myself to blame). I maintain that Obama is a lying scumbag, and he maintains that I'm whacko, and resorts to calling me a conspiracy nut and an extremist.

I just needed to vent a bit here. I get so damn exhausted from debating with people like that (and in a pretty ridiculous palce, too, being Youtube and all.). Every time I have a debate with someone like that, I always end up feeling either big-time pissed off and high on an adrenaline rush of fury, or just simply drained on all my energy, and all weak and mushy in the body.

It was worse back in the days when I used to debate around 9/11, which was the reason I quit doing that in the first place - it's not worth feeling drained like this to debate with blockheads who fanatically follow Obama's every whim (and me, on the other hand, a fanatic who rabidly goes the opposite way every time people like Obama is mentioned, so I guess in a way I'm no better myself.), and then resort to insults (and they're real creative ones to boot!) when they feel our facts offend them. Though I hate to admit that idiots like that have an effect on me, every insult hurts a bit more then the previous one.

Just, jeez... I never learn after all, that I shouldn't get into this kind of debates. Phew.... I could use a glass of tequila right about now.
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:17 am

Hands Virus some tequila. Deep breath hun, deep cleansing breaths. LOL
huggz
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:20 am

Thanks. I need that, even if it's just a digital tequila. mr green

Interestingly enough he doesn't give up; now the guy tries to make me look like a gun-fanatic and a Christian right-winger. It's kind of amusing, considering I have neither a bible nor a gun in my house, considering I'm not even a member of the Swedish Church, and despite the fact I clearly stated that "I don't give a shit about right or left". wall

*Deep breath*

Ok, I'm good now. Bah. I'm off to sleep. I'll probably have nightmares about YouTube, though. mr green
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Sleep Like a Star @ heaven Night Virus. Like a Star @ heaven I should be heading off myself in a while. Sweet dreams and wishes for a better tomorrow. sun for you
Back to top Go down
RHFay
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
RHFay

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:09 am

Perhaps not regarding exactly the same subject, but I've been there and done that, more times than I care to recall. I've given up all forums but this one, and pretty much given up posting contrary opinions in other people's blogs, just to stay sane. Many trolls use the crazy-net as a wild soap box, loudly and often obnoxiously pressing their own personal views on a plethora of subjects big and small.

The best thing to do is to walk away from it. Give yourself some time to cool down before the fires consume you. If you're that riled up, it's getting to you more than it should. I know; I've suffered the same. I can tell you from personal experience that those insane and inane crazy-net arguments aren't worth it. And you can never, ever win.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:14 am

Thanks, man.

I'm trying to just forget about the blockhead. But then I think about it again, and it pisses me off even more. Ah, well... Sooner or later, I'll forget it. But yeah, these Internet debates can sure turn into one effed up thing. Especially when it concerns politics. disappointing
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:54 am

There was a highly sensative subject in a forum that is up to over 3000 pages!!!!! Neither side will give in. I mean...wow! I put in my two cents here and there, but I realize that the issue will never be solved and neither side will ever see common ground. I accept it. No sense in fighting and getting too worked up about it, all I will get is frustration out of it if I do.

On a political level, if there is something I feel strongly about, I contact people in office and voice my opinion, I join a forum that voices my concerns and we fight together. So far we got a big reduction in medical coverage (Cobra) and an increase of 25.00 per week in unemployment. Two good things. Illegal immigration is such a sensative issue but we have so many people who have been deported because of either murder, child molestation, selling drugs, gang members etc. and these same people just keep coming back over and over again. America is a melting pot of different races and cultures which is beautiful so it has nothing to do with being racist. Illegals are given breaks that citizens can't get and so you can imagine how those debates go. There is no equality for all people and it's just a mess. I am hoping that things improve for everyone. Just wishfull thinking? I dunno. We do what what we can I guess.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 5:01 am

3000 pages!? Shocked

And I thought I was stubborn... no way
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 12:43 pm

I know huh? LOL I don't bother with it anymore, but I see the topic is still there and the pages growing daily. Shocked
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:22 am

I don't like reading banter, I like seeing constructive exchanges but as far as creating 3000 or more pages, I think that I can do that all on my own, and it grows each and every day??? Call me crazzzzzzyyyyyyyy! lol!

Actually what I am working on is an expose' and soon I will add another feather to your cap Virus, just a little proof that you very well could be speaking the truth... What do I have as proof?

Watch and learn, my friends, just watch and learn...
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 5:36 pm

I guess if your beliefs are strong enough - and your will to defend them equally strong - you will debate your point for as long as you feel necessary. Beliefs are just thoughts, and thoughts drive our reality. When someone challenges your beliefs, it is equal to attacking your point of reality. If only we could all release the need to control or steal energy and accept that everyone is entitled to their beliefs and even if we cannot agree with them, we can at least acknowledge and accept the reality that person is creating with them. Afterall, we all have the choice to do that.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Right Goth, right to the point that you get abused and lose something like your forum... Then you wake up real quick and put your best foot forward to either rebuild what was lost or stolen or you become submissive and let it go... Never to be seen again.

I'm working on a major project something that was once discouraged... I'm bringing it back to life because I see a real need for such an ability that is so easy to create and yet requires a strong mind to control...

It all works together and I intend to show you the benefits of what I am working on for the purpose that will become so obvious that you won't be able to deny the genius behind the method.

At the boiling point we create steam and that can be transformed into energy...
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Well steam is good for driving engines... blu wink
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Woah... I don't even bother to argue online anymore. It really is draining, so I understand how you feel. In the end, it's rare for either side to change their position and you have to accept that they can believe what they want to, cos it all ends in stalemate anyway. Years ago my comments really bothered some fundamentalist Christian right-wingers and so they would argue with me, or in the case of one guy, deliberately harrass me. My online friends and I (basically he started to harrass all of our group of friends, including name-calling) put way too much energy into that guy. I still think of him as "the creepy bastard" though. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhausting debates...   Exhausting debates... Empty

Back to top Go down

Exhausting debates...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Boiling Point-
Jump to: