Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The power of breath

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alaric
Seeker
Seeker
Alaric

The power of breath Empty
PostSubject: The power of breath   The power of breath EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Breathing effects our bodies in many ways, For starters; Its how we live!!

But breathing as some of you probably know can attribute to your body, mind and spirit's well being.
So we have to be sure we take care sometimes..

Breathing properly and having good posture help keep your body energized and healthy, But sometimes you might need more energy.. Maybe you hunch all day? (raises hand)

While you work on that posture problem of yours you could do some breathing exercises to help with your energy!

If you do a little digging you'll see a bunch of spiritual practitioners use breathing as a form of relaxation and energy boosting, Like; Pranayama, Tai chi, Qi gong-- A lot of these people realize the power your breath has over your body.

Now, while I'm no expert on any of the aforementioned.. I still think I should inform you on my personal breathing technique to help me gain energy (it also gives you a pretty good buzz if you do it right ;p ) .
I picked this up off a podcast a while back.. I don't remember who the original author was so I just wanted to say I hold no ownership (yadda yadda) you get the setup..

The technique goes as follows:
Stand up,
Inhale for 1
Hold for 4
Exhale for 2

So if you wanted to inhale for three seconds you'd hold it for twelve and exhale for six, Since
3x1 = 3
3x4 = 12
3x2 = 6

I personally go for five.. Its my personal comfort level and I find it the most effective for me, If you try this you should start at a safe number and work your way up to a comfortable level with a /slight/ strain to it..
You should do these in sets of 5-10.. Although I'd take a little break in between each one, Just to be sure you don't pass out or something..

Now that I'm done rabbling on.. Is there anything anyone would like to add?
Your own technique?
Your views and opinions on breathing and/or the evolution of spiritual practices to include these techniques?
A complete page on how the body reacts to breathing such as absorbing oxygen and cleansing the blood stream? OH MAAN.. If someone added that I'd be their new stalker!
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: The power of breath   The power of breath EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:36 pm

I've noticed that if I do deep diaphragmatic breathing, I can receive reiki better. It also helps to relieve tension in my body. I tend to breathe down into my belly so it expands full for five seconds, and then I breathe out for slightly longer - pulling my diaphragm upwards at the same time. Breathing out for longer has a more grounding effect on me and stops me from getting light-headed.
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: The power of breath   The power of breath EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Yes, I learned that from hatha yoga. It is the proper technique for breathing to extend the abdomen while inhaling and to bring the abdomen in while exhaling. I too found that exhaling on a longer count was more beneficial.

Thank you for making this topic Aleric, I have been wanting to get back into this. sun butterlight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The power of breath   The power of breath Empty

Back to top Go down

The power of breath
Page 1 of 1