Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle

Go down 
+2
Goth~Ink
MoonChild
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MoonChild
MoonChild

Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle Empty
PostSubject: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptyThu May 28, 2009 2:08 am

So, most of us have come across this wonderful book called The Power Of Now, have read it, enjoyed it, loved it. But how often do we practice the ideas behind?

And here is another book called Practising the Power Of Now by the same author which actually helps us to practice the principles. the simple meditation techniques are awesome as well.

Anyone read this yet? rock on
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:48 am

YES!! A dear friend of mine blu wink recently sent me a copy and it is a brilliant book. Really brings home the concepts of the original book in an easy to apply way. I am a huge fan of these books and living in the NOW. It is amazing what a difference it makes to your daily life.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:34 pm

I can co-relate with your words here Goth. I came across this book quite accidentally at a book store. I am so glad I could lay my hands on this book, the author has taken enough care to further explain the concept with simple practical experiments and meditation techniques. What really surprised me is that even though I have the original books since a few years and have heard about it lot of places, I have never before heard of this little gem. happy hour
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Havn't read it, but I do a lot of 'living in the now'. When I am making jewelry, I am totally immersed in the textures, colors and design. When I am with company, I am totally immersed in the people, conversation, laughter and love. When in nature I take in everything that surrounds me, the beauty and enchantment and wonder of the flora and fauna. blubelle ETC. Not always of course. We always have our moments where we are taken away from the simplicity and contentment, but I do try to incorporate it into my life as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptyThu May 28, 2009 2:16 pm

That is so wonderful NightStar. Keep rocking in the Now!
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:16 am

Yes that is wonderful to hear Night Star. It is one thing to read these books and take in the knowledge but many people forget the other aspect which is applying it and integrating it into their lives. I used to be one of those people. I read lots and knew lots but I did nothing with the knowledge. I would keep falling into the same holes in my life and wondering why when I had read so widely and knew so much about self-help did this happen? It reminds me of a quote from Drew Barrymore's biography that I read once. Steven Speilberg said " You can't just act like the character you are playing, you have to BE that character". Drew added "You can't just act like yourself, you have to BE yourself." I think this really sums up books like "Practising the Power of Now". Whereas the first book, "The Power of Now" is the act, the second book is the BE-ing part: how to apply and live it.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:00 pm

How " spiritual " you are
has nothing to do with
what you believe
But everything to do with
your state of consciousness.

What really matters
is not what function
you fulfill in this world,
but whether you idenify with
your function to such an extent
that it takes you over
and becomes a role that you play.
When you play roles,
you are unconscious.
When you catch yourself
playing a role,
that recognition creates a space between you and the role.

Knowing yourself
goes far deeper than the adoption
of a set of ideas or beliefs.
Spiritual ideas and beliefs
may at best be helpful pointers,
but in themselves
they rarely have the power
to dislodge the more firmly
established core concepts
of who you think you are,
which is part of the conditioning
of the human mind.

Eckhart Tolle
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Exactly! clap
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:08 pm

And you know how connected I am to music and thoughts, and while reading this I'm listening to WZZO AC/DC 'For those about to rock' that song is really powerful.

To fulfill a purpose.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:18 am

Rock on mate rock on
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 8:27 pm

My friend bought this to me in Christmas present, but I accidentally forgot it with another friend when I moved from Visby. sad cry My idiot. One of these days I'm going to have to call that dude and have him mail it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle   Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle Empty

Back to top Go down

Practising the Power Of Now - Eckheart Tolle
Page 1 of 1