Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( Empty
PostSubject: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 pm

I just found out that my work hours are going to be cut from 30 hours per week, to a measly 10. sad I simply cannot get by on the amount of money this will pay. So now I only have about 3 weeks to find some extra work or a new job altogether... I'm so pissed off about this. On one hand I'll be glad to stop wasting so much of my precious life on this boring as hell job (that's the blessing), but my income is really going to suffer and I have huge debts to pay off! I need to manifest myself a new job... fast. no way
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Ok so I figured it out and based on the hours they are now offering me, I can't even meet my basic living costs - so I really do have to get something else fast. Also I think this is absolutely shitty treatment after spending five years of my life working my ass off for these people. seered
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:11 pm

And now I'm just plain panicked and freaked out!!!!!!! sad cry
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 7:59 am

Gee, I am sorry to hear you feel so down about this Gem. Jobs seem to be a source of fear for alot of people at the moment. The financial crunch is hitting hard. I could say see this as a positive thing but I know that is not much comfort to you right now. So instead I will just say, hang in there and manifest what you need because I know you can do it manifest huggz
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:07 am

Thanks. It wouldn't be such a problem if I didn't have a loan, Visa and store cards - it is those that are stuffing me up. I can meet the payments if I'm working 20 hours a week. But at 10 hours a week, I can't even do that - and that's BEFORE I've paid the electricity, phone, or fed myself. I am hoping that work will reconsider and decide to give me 20 hours instead of just 10. See the thing is, I've lived on the dole before, I know I'm resourceful enough to pay rent, power, phone and get food. But before, I hadn't racked up a personal loan, Visa and store cards! It was all easily manageable while I've been working full-time, but unless I can now get enough work I'm in financial doo-doo. I will try to stay positive that I can manifest what I need!
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:11 am

My husband and I have been un-employed since last September. He has a ton of debt from credit cards and loans, I don't. I always set limits on my spending and looked ahead because you just don't know what may lay ahead. Anyway, I wish you all the best hun.

Here we are finding more and more people living in the woods in tents. The homeless shelters are filled to capacity. Man! I don't know why our government gives so many freebies to illegal immigrants when our own citizens are suffering.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Blue Water

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 am

Sorry to hear that, Gemlover. I haven't been getting good hours either (until recently--forced work 7 days a week!) Buying groceries on credit for over a month, selling collectables on ebay to help pay the rent...and now the overtime pay I make will go towards credit dept.

It is scary when you lose the ability to survive. Also the stress of finding and starting a new job.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:44 pm

Yeah... it all just sucks when you suddenly have the thought that you may not be able to meet all your financial needs. The ironic thing is that I had set myself a plan to pay off all my credit card debt by January! It was going to be quite an effort, but it was able to be done. I was so looking forward to not having that debt anymore! It just required another 6 or 7 months of being on a decent income. hmm Well, for now I'll be happy if I can just meet all the minimum payments month to month.

I'll be selling some good books this week so I will have a little stash of $$$ to pay my bills for next month.
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:50 pm

To save money, shop in second hand stores, dollar stores, you find some amazing bargains!!!! Plan your meals around the grocery store sales and use whatever coupons you can. Make more dishes with pasta etc.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks Nightie. big grin I've checked and there's nothing I will be in need of apart from food basics and the $$$ to pay the minimum on my stupid bills... still have not found another job for the means to do that, but I'm being as positive as I can! I'm pretty much a pro at economising in the kitchen, I always buy the cheapest brands of pasta, rice, and stuff like that - in some strange way I've always enjoyed the challenge of spending as little as possible on food and don't like the thought of wasting on expensive food items. scratch A couple of weeks ago I bought some spinach and feta dip and I felt like I was being weirdly middle class for even having it in my fridge. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 5:21 am

Yum, that sounds good! I bought spinich, cheese and artichoke dip. Glad to hear that you are optimistic.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:48 am

I'm so sorry to hear that, Gem. It really is shitty treatment from the company. But then again, they ARE a company, and when it comes to cutdowns they don't always have a choice. So don't hate them too much, spend your energy on something more creative instead.

Don't worry. Think positively, and you WILL find a good job. I have faith in you. blu wink

I'll end with a quote that always cheers me up when I feel down in my search for a job:
"When the time is right, work will find me."

It's from Ryo Saeba, the King of Perverts:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3242/2762098692_7f450026a1.jpg?v=0

The point of that quote is, when the time is right, you'll find a new and better job than the one you had before. big grin
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:45 am

It is winter so enjoy the extra time to snuggle under the doona that little bit longer and I agree with Virus - wise soul that he is! big grin When the worker is ready, the new job will arrive meditate
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Thanks.... yeah. I've been trying to decide yes or no on whether to apply for a couple of shop jobs in town. One is at a clothes shop and one is at a bag shop. Both are part-time. My most pressing need is to get some additional income, but all the same I can't bring myself to actually apply for the clothes shop one... it's just not "me". I don't think I can stand in a shop being fake to people about how good they look in what they're trying on... the bag shop wouldn't have that level of falseness to it so I'm still considering that one. Other than that everything else I'm applying for is professional, in the education sector (in writing and editing/resource development) and that's what I'd rather get. It's freaky though I can't really afford to be too choosy. hmm

So true about companies though, Virus. Who said it better than Michael Jackson himself!

hmm

Awesome song though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(   Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Gah!!! My work hours have been cut! :(
Page 1 of 1