Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How is everybody doing?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

How is everybody doing? Empty
PostSubject: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:56 am

Hey everyone just thought I would check in and see how y'all are doing big grin

For me, uni is winding down although the last assignment has dragged on and on due to a prolonged flu season here in Oz. For the past month I have had sick kids and sick me...it has been so dry that airborne viruses are having a good year infecting the population. see stars

In the past couple of months, my perspective has shifted alot as well. I find it hard to talk about the paranormal like I used to because...well, it just isn't a big thing like it used to be - it is an everyday part of me and I don't feel driven to prove anything to anyone nor try to convince people of it's existence to influence their journeys. When I started this forum, I was angry. Angry at all the misconceptions and ignorance and fear. It sent me on a mission to try to change all that and help people feel safer. What I didn't realise at the time was that the reality of my purpose was to find those anchors in myself and not put the blame on the outside world for how I was feeling. My ego was having a party!! Forum after forum trying to stand out and gain attention and give people answers - MY answers. Now I know that I was not working from a place of love - how could I? I didn't have self-love at that point - I had anger and fear. I was in reactionary mode. Since then I have been on an incredible journey and found so much treasure inside myself, that I no longer feel a need to let my ego lead the way.

I am writing and I am listening to my intuition and I am moving forwards in joy and with love. The power of creativity is fully in my hands and I am sharing it with my children to give them the gift of expression. We all have a voice in this world, if only we can listen to what we have to say with an open mind and heart and then share it with others. Not to change them, but to expand ourselves. By doing so we grow in love.

Well, that is my rant. Wasn't meant to be so deep, but there ya go. You start typing and you never know what is gonna come out lol

I'm still here friends. Please don't worry in my absence because I am doing fine unicorn
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:53 am

Thanks so much for updating us on how you are doing, Goth! What a journey you're having, and you're making such amazing personal progress. clap I hope you and your kids are doing better from the flu as well... I'm home sick today myself. yuk

What you said about being angry when you started the forums really interests me. Although anger is typically a negative emotion, I firmly believe that sometimes it can be channelled positively - it's the Mars drive for action - and your starting the forums is evidence of that. (When I felt angry over being jobless a couple of months ago, I was glad of that anger because I felt that it was propelling me forward to make necessary changes). You can be proud of what you've achieved with each forum, informing people and bringing us all together; I'm still incredibly grateful for those first readings you did for me almost a couple of years ago - I needed someone to confirm a few things for me, and it was one of the most important things to ever happen to me. It's all helped to lead me to where I am now, and to where I'm going in the future. So never underestimate the power of what you've done here... what you did as a result of the place you were in has been a blessing to all of us. Now that you're in a new, happier place, that too is inspiring and it's nice to know that you are doing well. bravo

As for me, I'm in an interesting 'in-between' phase not knowing for certain what is ahead but that either way it will be good. I'm preparing for my admission to the MA thesis programme and I am actually using my sick day today to revise my research proposal and hopefully have my admission underway this week. I'm also learning how to NOT do more than I can handle; I've taken on a few too many things lately and I think this is partly why I got sick. I am loving full-time at the record store, but still doing 10 hours a week at my 2nd job is not enjoyable for me and it's leaving me very little time for myself; I am going to keep the job in anticipation of possibly needing it next year while I study, BUT should my scholarship application be successful, I will resign from my 2nd job asap. I realise it has not been serving my highest good for a long time now, and that I do need to let it go. I will be much, much happier when I have done so. I want next year to be MY year that I am doing for me and my happiness. happy hour
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:49 am

I am back - again mr green Earlier this week I had to travel so my son could have his tonsils out. Now number one son and I are home and he is recovering super fast thanks to Moonie's wonderful help sending pranic healing.

The journey itself was quite amazing with universe providing us both with what we needed. I am totally inspired by the human spirit and the graciousness of those in the healing profession. I have had the good fortune to encounter so many exceptional human beings over the past few days that their hope and compassion was infectious. Blessings to these beautiful earth angels cheers
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Sounds like you had a great time, Goth. I'm happy for you! There's no times like great times, right? And there's no better feeling than meeting awesome people. cheers

Me, I've had a looong period of... I think maturing is the best way to put it...since my absence here. Not in my person (I'm still a child at heart, hahaha), but in the way I look at the world, and in my relation to conspiracy theories. I've come to realize the world isn't so black and white as many conspiracy theorists - Alex Jones comes to mind - want to make it out to be, even if the world is indeed run by a bunch of evil corrupt bastards.

Specifically, I'm talking about things like the EU, globalism, G8, and that sort of stuff. Politics, NAFTA, NAU, the UN and so on. I think I'll make a rant thread here about it later on without clogging this thread with it. But anyway, I look at the world a bit more maturely these days I think. Have a bit more understanding for people who become members of groups such as CFR, the BIlderber Group, and so on, and their reasons for it. I still hate Henry Kissinger, though. cheesygrin But in the end I think I'm better off for this maturity I've gained.

So, anyway, these days, I'm busy sending out applications for the Swedish military, which is turning into a professional army with the main objective of doing peacekeeping work around the world, mainly for the UN. I've already had some negative reactions from my fellow conspiracy theorists, but, eeh, I just told them I follow my own moral compass and never betray my ethics, and that seemed to satisfy them. cheesygrin

If I get accepted that means I'll be moving to northern Sweden (specifically, a 22 hour train ride from where I live now and just a few miles shy of the Arctic Circle), to a town called Boden. It also means I might be called to serve abroad, in Afghanistan or elsewhere, as a peacekeeper, but I'll accept that, because my guts tell me this (joining the military, not necessarily serving abroad) is something I need to do. If I get accepted I'll prolly stick around there for a few years, gain some life experience and develop a bit more as a person, before I tackle the many adventures I want to go on in life...and they are many. blu wink

And in other news, my mom has a soon-to-be-boyfriend now, an old childhood friend of hers. She's trying to convince me to start going to the gym with him, a not-too-subtle attempt to make us get to know each other, I'm guessing. ("He doesn't have any children of his own." lol ) I'll play along, though. He seems like a really nice and fun guy, though I've only met him once cheesygrin

What about the rest of you? Ariel? Moonie? Blue? Everyone? cheesygrin
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:46 am

Well well interesting developments all round there Virus. Whatever happened to your book? I think you are taking an amazing journey and let's face it, women love a guy in uniform blu wink

Seriously though, it is inspiring to hear you speak of the changes in your life and share your acceptance of how you have evolved. What is important is giving yourself credit for having the courage to be authentic and honour who you are instead of being who others want you to be. So carry on, soldier and never doubt yourself.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:11 am

Haha, the book is on hold. I can't seem to write much these days, and what little I do write, I never finish. So I've basically put it on the shelf for now. lol

Goth~Ink wrote:
...and let's face it, women love a guy in uniform blu wink

Yeah, there is that bonus, isn't there? cheesygrin

Thanks for the support, Goth! My mom thinks I'm crazy, and some of my friends think I need to grow up when I tell them I want to be an adventurer. Hahaha. But at least, being a soldier is an honest job, and I think, at least in my case, there's a lot of chances to help people. And, you know, sometimes I do doubt myself and ask if I'm crazy. lol So I really needed to hear (read) that. Thanks. cheesygrin
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:32 am

Ah yes, the adventurer is misunderstood. At 41, I realise that I am not ready yet to let go of my adventurousness even though most of it plays out in my mind. Still, it is that very spirit that drives me forwards to new discoveries and enriches my life with all sorts of experiences. You are young and you sound like you have a good idea of where you want to go. Let it happen! Don't worry about the critics - it won't be them having regrets later if you follow their advice will it? Live large and enjoy. Oh, and don't forget to update us on your adventures along the way cos we love hearing from you thumup

Books take time. I have so many ideas in my head and about 50 started manuscripts in my laptop. I like to think my life is a book I write in everyday and this forum is like a blog of sorts. But truly, there are too many things that happen and I can't possibly record it all. I have found sitting and writing nonsense for half an hour a good remedy for feeling down though. It evokes that adventurer in me so that my creative juices start to run again. I am sure your travels will do the same. We gain inspiration from the most random events. Breathe it in and have fun with it. All that you choose to do will only add to the rich tapestry of plots you weave in your trilogy. And even though you may wander near and far, you'll always have your book to come back to big grin
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:45 am

Thanks for the kind words, Goth. I have such support from (most of) my friends, including you guys here at Light Warriors, it reminds me how incredibly lucky I am to have such great friends. blu wink And it's good that you don't stop thirsting for adventure either. I think it's that thirst for adventure that drives us to find new experiences and develop as people and human beings. It's a worthy excuse for living that kind of life. cheesygrin

I actually got a call today. I was just finished in the gym, with a friend in an unemployment project our local guv have arranged, and we were taking a steam-session in the sauna when my phone was ringing. I missed that call but I called back later, and it turned out to be a captain from the military, who gave me a date for physical tests. So I'm only one step away from joining the military again, now. blu wink

Of course, now I have a muscle ache frp, tje harsh exercises at the gym. lol
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Oh gee, hope your muscles recover in time for your physical tests. And of course good luck - hope you get the result you want.

Life is what happens while we are waiting for life to happen lol. That's the way I think of it anyway. Yesterday I had a bit of a bland day. My sleep has been all off kilter lately. This morning though, I was thinking about the power I have to change my environment and create what I want to see around me. I am one of those chronically creative people that has to constantly re-arrange furniture and shake up the energy in my house. So I decided it is time to tackle my most personal living space - the bedroom. It has become too cluttered and over-stimulating. I need to rest in there so I want to create simplicity and calm energy. Having decided this is the action needed, I feel alot lighter. To me this is an adventure because I am creating new energy in the space. To most people I guess it is a combination of housework and spring cleaning. But it is while I am in this creation mode that I find the greatest inspiration. Nobody can tell us how to get in our 'zone' - only we ourselves know what takes us there. So too is it with life choices. If the army is your 'zone' then go for it! Maybe you aren't joining to be a soldier but a humanitarian. The label is not important - your intention and energy is. Be at one with your choice, warrior son. Go forth and conquer!! jedi 1 jedi 2
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Thanks, Goth. I shall do just that. cheesygrin

I'm going up to Boden in seven days now. It's a 22 hour train ride, going via Stockholm, so I'll have plenty of chances to admire the by-passing landscape. And then comes the physical tests and interviews when I get there. Needless to say I'm very excited. I'll let y'all know how it goes. blu wink

If I do get to move to Boden, it also opens up for a possible opportunity to do something else I've wanted to do for a long time, sometime during the summer, which is to go visit a Saami shaman. There should be a few hanging around close to Boden. That would be awesome. cool

Anyway, I'm gonna take photos so y'all will get to see what northern Sweden and Boden is like! blu wink

Until then! lol
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:45 am

Can't wait to see your photos sweetie!

Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:06 am

I wish I could've taken more, but there wasn't really any time for any sightseeing, so I only snapped off about four or so. If I get to move up there, I'm going to take a day to wander the town and take lots of photos for y'all as redemption, though. You have my word on that. blu wink

I can tell you, though... I saw some insanely beautiful landscape on the train ride back home. Northern Sweden is just.... affraid

I can't believe I've had this place in my backyard and not even known about it. I suck! yuk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is everybody doing?   How is everybody doing? Empty

Back to top Go down

How is everybody doing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Random Ramblings-
Jump to: