Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some tips for becoming more psychically open

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Some tips for becoming more psychically open Empty
PostSubject: Some tips for becoming more psychically open   Some tips for becoming more psychically open EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 6:46 am

Some of us are gifted naturally and others seem to have to work hard at it and then there are others who just don't get it at all. If having psychic ability is open to everyone, then why can't we all access it? In my opinion, there are a few good reasons. Number one is that maybe we chose not to in this lifetime. Number two is that like any skill, the more you use it, the easier it comes to you and vice versa - don't use it and you lose it. Number three, some people try to hard and push their psychic experiences away unwittingly or number 4, they don't even realise when they are having a psychic experience!

Anyhoo, being the great lifelong learner that I am, I thought a thread sharing our tips for opening sensitivity might be useful. And if I had one piece of important advice to give to anyone on this subject, it would be to RELAX and stop trying. Yep, you read right. It might work for some to push themselves and focus but I highly doubt they can rely on what they see. Why? Think about it. Most people who genuinely experience the spirit world or other planes get caught off guard. A ghost suddenly appears or they are startled by something out of the corner of their eye or awaken to find a spirit standing over them. The reason for this is that they aren't thinking about it. And this is the key. I have heard countless mediums describe meditating before doing their work. Many people who have psychic experiences also cite the importance of meditation to 'relax the mind' or enter into a conducive state of mind. It is not about being in your higher self - it is about removing expectations and barriers. Like a tv station with static, to see the picture clearly and hear the audio you have to tune in. This also means tuning out whatever is causing you not to get a clear reception. In the case of psychic information, what doesn't help you receive clear messages is the everyday stuff. We are used to seeing solid forms - furniture, buildings, other living people, etc. But when it comes to the less material (spirits, light beings, faeries, etc) we are oblivious. Our mind is conditioned NOT to see them. Meditation allows us to bypass this state of mind by unfocusing on our daily lives. We are taught to practice Being instead of thinking. In this simple state, we see what 'is' and not what we have come to expect to see. So number one tip is to relax and clear your mind. Ever notice how when you go into a stare and you are not really thinking of anything you often see things that 'are not there'? Probably the most obvious of these is the layer of light around things otherwise known as the aura. things tend to blur and become more fluid in your sight when you are staring off into space. Also when you are drifting off to sleep your brain unfocuses and this is why we see more ghosts then than any other time except perhaps when we are awakened by one through the night. Relaxation releases us from expectation and allows us to access all that there is.

Secondly, you have to be comfortable. Your body itself can be a big distraction. I found this passage in a book by UK medium Mia Dolan which sums it up nicely:

'you haven't got to be in a state of meditation, but you do have to be comfortable. If your body is uncomfortable in any way, it calls your attention away. Over the years, I have tried many different ways to relax. For me, the important thing is that relaxation is instant - like changing the station on the radio. If I asked you to clench a muscle, you could easily do it - I believe it is just as easy to let go.

The best and quickest way I've found - and the one I use before every reading - is the "sigh and drop" routine. Sit comfortably and put your hands in a relaxed position - it doesn't matter where you place them as long as they are not tight or clenched.

Lots of people say focus on your breath and breathe deeply, but I find one big sigh is enough. Take a deep breath in and hold it for a moment. then, as you sigh and the air comes out of your lungs, let everything - all the muscles in your body - drop. Shoulders, back, hips, stomach, chest, thighs. Let them all go. Suddenly you will be able to feel the weight of your body in the chair. You have just brought yourself back to you.'

A third piece of advice concerning seeing auras involves both these first two tips and one extra: Make sure the background behind the person you are trying to see the aura of does not contain too much information. Plain backgrounds work better. A single coloured wall is a perfect backdrop. Relax your mind, relax your body and start by looking above the person's head in the crown area. At first you might only see a thin band of light there, or a small patch of colour. The idea is to relax your eyes so they can pick up this information. Too many colours behind the person will overwork the eyes and confuse them. Mostly I see auras when I am daydreaming (staring at nothing in particular. Once I have the thought 'oh gee, I can see an aura', I instantly don't see it anymore unless I quickly unfocus myself again. Once you get used to being in this state of seeing, you can train yourself to switch it on and off at will. Then the real fun begins! You suddenly find the world more alive with energy than ever before. Give it a try and see if it works for you. happy hour
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for becoming more psychically open   Some tips for becoming more psychically open EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:22 pm

Awesome tips!

And I agree, I see, hear or feel things almost ALWAYS when I don't expect it. I have seen really bright auras when I'm not expecting it as well.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for becoming more psychically open   Some tips for becoming more psychically open EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:23 pm

Cool stuff Gem thumup

I was sitting in my loungeroom practising the relax and drop into awareness routine this afternoon. The chair I sat in lookedout my front door at bushland and the front verandah. It was amazing what colours and various energyforms I saw when I was in that state. It was abit like looking at one of those abstract paintings with all the blobs of different colours except they were moving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for becoming more psychically open   Some tips for becoming more psychically open Empty

Back to top Go down

Some tips for becoming more psychically open
Page 1 of 1