Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Satay noodle house lunches...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Satay noodle house lunches... Empty
PostSubject: Satay noodle house lunches...   Satay noodle house lunches... EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:29 pm

... are so so so so SO good. I just had a beef pad thai for lunch and Mr Gem had the most yum chicken curry... we always share our plates with each other. This is like a once a month treat for me and oh my god it is yummy. sigh. Cheap too. cheers Who else likes satay and all the other dishes they serve at the satay houses?? big grin
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Satay noodle house lunches...   Satay noodle house lunches... EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Satay noodle house lunches... 333498234_719135525b

Beef pad thai. drool

http://www.themainmeal.com.au/RecipesInspiration/RecipePage?RecipeID=248

Ingredients
500 g beef strips
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 -2 small red chillies, seeded and chopped
250 g dried thick rice noodles
1 tbsp oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup fish sauce
⅓ cup fresh lime juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
lime wedges to serve (optional)
1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed

Beef Pad Thai

Method

1. Add a little oil to the beef, the add garlic and chilli. Mix well and set aside. Soak the noodles in boiling water for 7 minutes or until just soft. Drain and set aside. (Or prepare according to packet instructions). In a separate bowl whisk the fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar, whisk until the sugar is dissolved.

2. Heat the wok, ensure it is hot. Heat the oil in the wok, add the egg and cook for 1-2 minutes or until set and cooked. Remove from the wok and shred. Set aside to add later.

3. Reheat the wok, stir-fry the beef strips in 3 batches, reserving each cooked batch to rest in a warm bowl. Reheat wok between each batch.

4. Return the beef to the wok, add the noodles, toss for 1 minute. Add the sauce mixture, along with the shredded egg and toss for a further minute. Sprinkle with bean sprouts, peanuts and coriander leaves to serve.

Serving suggestion: Serve with lime wedges if desired.

Tips
Coat the meat in oil instead of adding oil to the wok. You use less oil this way. You can also add ingredients like a little soy or grated ginger for flavour. Use your fingers to massage the oil into the meat strips.

Best beef cuts for stir-frying: Use beef stir-fry strips or prepare your own from rib eye/scotch fillet/tenderloin, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Satay noodle house lunches...   Satay noodle house lunches... EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 am

Looks yum Gem. I don't think we have that shop in Oz although there is a new noodle shop open near where I live. I wouldn't call it cheap though... No My treat is Subway. I just love their sandwiches and so does my son.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Satay noodle house lunches...   Satay noodle house lunches... EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:12 am

Hmm, I think we have a lot of satay noodle houses here due to Cambodian immigration. From here they can then immigrate to Australia but perhaps more Cambodians actually stay here and run businesses (but less so in Australia). The food is really cheap, what a shame you don't have it there! Subway is yummy though... usually that's something I can't really splash out on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satay noodle house lunches...   Satay noodle house lunches... Empty

Back to top Go down

Satay noodle house lunches...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Random Ramblings-
Jump to: