Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Two Kinds of Patriotism

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Water
Blue Water

Two Kinds of Patriotism Empty
PostSubject: Two Kinds of Patriotism   Two Kinds of Patriotism EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:10 am

I think in a lot of countries we have two concepts of patriotism: First Concept: Stand by your rights as Human beings, stand by the constitution, stand by what you know deep down to be true and against what you know on every level to be false. Be informed, be passionate, stand against those who threaten what you believe in your country and don't be afraid to speak out. Second Concept: Be quiet, be very, very quiet. Don't speak, don't even think, just shut up and trust in the system's ability to work on its own (as if somehow a magical force governs it, as if people aren't fighting every single day whether from within or from outside government to protect your rights and freedoms while others fight for fascism (this is true of every governmental nation.) One of these concepts makes perfect sense to me, the other has always baffled me (that is to say, if I strain to find the thinnest thread of logic in it I cannot.)
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Two Kinds of Patriotism   Two Kinds of Patriotism EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:30 pm

I think the second is nothing but a faux patriotism.

There's a saying I like very much: "Some times the greatest of traitors are also the greatest of patriots."

Meaning, if your country isn't what it used to be - you have the right to take matters into your own hands. Your government may call you a traitor for it, but then they are no longer your government....and you are no longer a traitor, but a patriot.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Blue Water

PostSubject: Re: Two Kinds of Patriotism   Two Kinds of Patriotism EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:24 am

Yes, sometimes governments lose their way. And some people associate their country with its government, when of course they are two separate things. Leaderships can come and go, the nation is the people.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Two Kinds of Patriotism   Two Kinds of Patriotism EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:09 am

Knowing what to say when can be very important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Kinds of Patriotism   Two Kinds of Patriotism Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Kinds of Patriotism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Random Ramblings-
Jump to: