Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Parallel Lives

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:25 pm

This is a bit of a funny weird one...I was just wondering if anyone else experiences their friends going through similar stuff as them? I have a friend whom I talk to every so often, and even without having contact for sometimes weeks or months, I will find that she has either had similar things to me happen in that time or she has grown and learnt similar things to what I have.

But this doesn't just happen with one friend, I find it happens with most of my friends. Which makes me wonder - is it because we share a similar vibration? Is it the law of attraction at work with like attracting like and not some bizarre coincidence? Or is it just me and I am putting waaayyy too much thought into it?

So out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed this in their own lives?
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Yes, I've noticed it. For the past couple of years I've attracted female friends who have been going through many of the same things as myself. In some cases it's just downright spooky! The latest example is my newest female friend and her boyfriend - they are like the extreme magnified version of myself and Mr Gem... I'm approximately 2 years ahead of her in the sequence of events though, so it's as though one purpose of the friendship has been for me to empathise and understand where she's at, because I've been there myself. I also have a very good online friend who experiences practically *everything* I experience, at the same time! Partly she and I look to astrological transits to understand the events, and we are also similar astrologically too (as we are both Scorpio moons and react in a very Scorpio-ish way to things). I don't think you are imagining it, Goth!
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:09 am

Oh good, I am not alone!

Yes I have had that experience too Gem, seeing others back where I was a few years ago and even seeing them as being like a younger version of me. Perhaps this is a symptom of attaining a higher vibration - being able to recognise and draw people to us who are traveling along the path but further back on it than we currently are? I seem to encounter alot of strangers in random settings who either tell me their life story as if we are old friends even though I have never met them before in my life, or tell me about an incident that is so similar to something that just happened in my life that it is uncanny. The day my cat died I went in to the local bakery and the lady behind the counter told me her husband ran over their 19 yo cat and it just died and she started to cry. I couldn't believe it! Are these signs of the connections strengthening and the whole evolving? Is this validation to bolster our hope for a new world? Or is it simply the morphogenetic field/akashic records at play? All I know is it seems to be happening more frequently in my life.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Wow... I really have no idea what the cause behind it is, but I've thought that maybe the more we raise our vibration the more we attract others who we can help in some way? Which is very similar to what you just said. ;)
Back to top Go down
harmonygirl
Magician
Magician
harmonygirl

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:28 am

I am so there too.... Goth, hello....

But definitely. I don't know how it works, or why. Maybe we are just finding people who are temporarily on the same path and we are with each other to help each other along.... did that sentence mae sense??? my brain isn't working properly lately....
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Sure it did, Harmony. Possibly when we meet someone who mirrors our experiences we feel validated and it reinforces our belief in the interconnectedness of everything...I know that is what I think. I end up smiling and thanking the universe for the connection or validation. Even if the shared experience isn't so happy, it is still comforting to not feel alone...if you know what I mean. Sometimes I feel very bombarded by things and I get down about why it is happening to me and even wonder why I cop it all the time, but then I will meet someone and that connection will happen and I don't feel so alienated anymore. I realise that as alone and different as I feel, when I meet someone going thru similar things, I step outside myself and see them as being so much more in pain or affected than myself and then I realise, no, we are te same. And that is the connection - the 'sameness'...oh man, now I have really wigged out trying to express my thoughts after a very long dayyyyy and oncoming flu....I hope some of that made sense. huh
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Just knowing that you're not alone actually eases the negativity, I find - it's like a sense of supporting each other.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 8:21 am

YES! Thank you Gem - that is what I was trying to say agree
Back to top Go down
harmonygirl
Magician
Magician
harmonygirl

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:50 pm

Do you guys ever though want to be a little different? I mean, something special..... like I have alway dressed a little differently, or something like that..... I think it is a little off topic, but.... still we all want someone to have shared the same experiences..... but at the same time want to know that we won't be brushed under the carpet haveing shared the same things.....

I don't know if this makes sense....

I have had a terrible week and am questioning a lot

hugs to you all
shannon
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:55 pm

I think it is normal to want to be different and accepted for that difference Shan. We just don't want to be forgotten or overlooked. A few years ago, I realised that it was okay for me to just be me and not be special or good at anything and not stand out in any way, and I had a therapist tell me that that is self-realisation. I think it is getting in touch with your spiritual core and remembering that in spirit we are all part of the one energy with no separation whereas here on Earth we experience great separation and that sometimes leads to isolation. So I guess if we reached this self-realisation that I did it would mean we were delaying or missing the whole point of coming here in the first place! Perhaps wanting to be different or having our differences acknowledged but still connecting with the similarity between our lives and others might be a midway point - what we call reaching a balance.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Yeah, I think I know what you mean Shan. When I was younger I used to turn up to teacher's college with blue streaks in my (then) black hair and wearing shiny copper-coloured pants... I was often somewhere in between glam rock and goth in those days. blush It was totally against the grain of what was the norm at teacher's college (and I must admit I felt better when returned to university to study film & media), but I didn't want to conform, and at the same time I wanted to be valued for who I was and to have shared experiences. I think that was achieved, but there was always a person here and there who would make things hard for me.

I think where I am now is somewhere along the way to where you are, Goth.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Woohoo! Another closet goth!! It is amazing how many people on this forum have similarities in their backgrounds. I almost went to uni to become a teacher - both my sister's are primary teachers. At the last moment I changed to psychology. Before that, I did a year at art school....I used to turn up in skull print leggings, suede shin length boots with pointy toes and lots of buckles, heavy metal t-shirts...the whole 'hey look at me rebelling ' uniform...but then the next day I would be wearing a floral dress and sensible shoes because I had switched personalities...anyhoo...

maybe there is a pattern all of us share with the rebellious stage and then becoming who we are. I know from my studies that attachment to others is very important in learning social skills and developing intelligence. Now with this parallel experiences business I think we are moving beyond what psychology has discovered to the unity consciousness which is where our spirituality comes into play. I see it as a positive sign.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Woah! My sister became a primary teacher too! Your description of yourself reminds me of me turning up to certain classes. lol! I never thought of myself as a goth at the time, I was just dressing how I liked - but in the years following, at least a couple of people have commented that I look so different now compared to "when you were a goth"... lol

Great point about moving towards the unity consciousness. thumup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Parallel Lives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Lives   Parallel Lives Empty

Back to top Go down

Parallel Lives
Page 1 of 1