Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dreams about teeth

Go down 
+2
Night Star
Goth~Ink
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:24 am

Other than dreaming about buildings, especially medical facilities and schools and my need to find the toilets in them ( Shocked just don't ask!!), my second most common dream is about losing teeth. Usually it is just one, but yesterday I had this really really strange one (and ironically the last part of it was set in a toilet cubicle as well scratch

Anyhoo, the strange thing about this dream, was that it started with just one tooth falling out - no pain, but alot of blood. First an ex from about 4 years ago was feeding me pasta and the fork magnetically pulled a small screw out of one of my teeth that appeared to be holding a filling in a tooth. next the whole tooth came out. In the dream, I had just decided to live with the ex - as friends (something that is not reflective of my real life at all, although I am still friends with the guy). Then he was gone and I two more teeth fell out. I just could not stop them. There was a woman in the dream and she called the medics. As my teeth came out she at first tried to fit them back in but then gave up and just collected them all in a white cloth. I remember spitting out two and three teeth at a time. When one of the ones next to my two front teeth came out, I cried thinking how awful I looked and then something changed and I didn't care anymore - I just let it happen and didn't resist. By then there were a dozen or more teeth in the white cloth. The medics came and tried to pull one of my front teeth out and it hurt. They said that they might as well pull them since they were gonna fall out anyway. The woman said no, that when they fell out it didn't hurt and to stop pulling. Strangely the tooth that was being pulled wouldn't budge - it was firmly attached unlike the others. I ran away and more teeth fell out. I found myself at the hospital but avoided the medics and ran into a toilet where I hid in the cubicle. By now my teeth had stopped falling out and I only had my front ones - including the one the medic had tried to remove - left. Here's where it gets weird...medical staff came into the toilets looking for me but didn't find me. I had turned into this funny bobcat type creature and there were all these dog-like beings sitting above me on top of the cubicle walls...humans could not see them, but I could. They told me I was not human and that the teeth falling out was a natural part of my changing back to what I really was - a cat person. Then told me I was the only one on this planet and was I ready to go back to where I belonged which aparently was where they were from....I knew they were telling the truth because, there was no pain the whole time my teeth were falling out.

Ruling out that it was something I ate, the thing that stands out for me is that this is yet another losing teeth dream - only on a grand scale because it involved nearly all my teeth!

And what is with the toilet cubicles??? I wonder if they represent gateways or portals out of this realm?
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:18 pm

Hahahaha! Sorry, dreams crack me up! Well, my teeth dreams actually had something to do with reality. After having re-occuring dreams about problems with a tooth, in reality, somewhere down the line I did indeed have a problem. If I started dreaming about another tooth, even when I had no pain in real life, sure as hell, in then future that tooth needed work. Weird huh? Precognative dreams. Well, for me anyway.

I had to laugh about the bathroom cubical. If in reality I am sleeping and need to go to the bathroom, I will have dream after dream about looking for a bathroom, finding one and it is too dirty or broken or the door os off or anything that will stand in my way of actually being able to go. LOL Until I finally wake up and am able to go to the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:53 pm

hmm big grin See, I picked the smiley with " NO TEETH " !! !! LOL lol

I've BE-en a little relectant and not sure unsure where to start with my teeth issues, so dreams seem to BE the BE-st place I suppose.

I had a many dreams about my teeth as I was growing up, I remember them starting at about the age of 10 or so. Most of them involved my home with my parents, my up bringing, my stepfather watch was always the main symbol in these dreams.
I found mys-ELF standing in the livingroom of our home with my arms out reaching and hands cupping my teeth and the blood, I was always passing him my teeth, then I would wake up. It wasn't until about 5yrs ago when I was 40, that all my bodies aches and pains, dis-ease had BE-come really apparent and that I wasn't losing my mind. Shocked I needed some serious healing, mind body and spirit.

I went to the Dentist first, as I was losing my two front bottom teeth. The Dentist took my X-rays of my teeth and come back with the bad news about my teeth. He said half your jaw bone top & bottom is gone and your teeth are not even attached to the jaw bone, so their just floating in amongst your gums and that I was going lose all my teeth, but three of them. The three remaining are on the bottom, one on the right side and two on the other, to serve as a anchor for the bottom plate. These three teeth are also very questionable, not very good shape, just a matter of time for them too. Anyways had bottom teeth done first, then one year later top teeth done, 6,000 dollars later and my teeth don't fit and I've had to come to terms with the fact that I can go and get more made, but the truth is that my gums have reseded so much and Be-cause of the lack of the jaw bone, I'm left with nothing for my teeth to grip onto and to brittle to have them screwed into the jaw bone. So that was hard for me to spit out. clap I make jokes about my teeth ALL the time. Like my girlfriend saying one day while driving in her car, that she really needed to get home and brush her teeth and I laughed and said " WOW " what I wouldn't give to brush my teeth also raflmao thumup She's the one that always finishes my sentences about mid-stream through and I'm always telling her and others that she only does that BE-cause she doesn't want me to spit on her. raflmao clap Shocked It's alot more then just loss of my teeth, I also had a bone density test done and not very good news to say the lest.

I had always felt that I don't really have the support and the ability to bite or really sink my teeth into anything worth while in my life. I have learned a many different ways to digest my life NOW without my teeth and getting BE-tter everyday, baby steps, baby steps. Slow like the Turtle, but you BE-st bet your money, I will win the race, slowly but surely!! !! big grin lol blu wink

See Dreams do Come True !! !! blu wink

I had less building blocks to play with as a child also, my mother lost all her teeth when she was pregnant for me, Doc said that I was sucking the Vit. Cal. right out of her and that she don't have enough Cal. for me.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Oh wow Solane, thanks so much for having the courage to share your experiences here. My older sister has what is commonly called 'chalky teeth' and lost most of hers in her early twenties. My 9 year old daughter has this condition also and her teeth are wearing down faster than they should. I have been lucky. Although the last pregnancy seemed to be the one that kicked off alot of dental problems. I have had 4 teeth pulled but they are not really noticeable unless I smile extra wide and who cares anyway. I'd rather smile and express my joy than keep my mouth closed worrying what my teeth look like. I love your humor when talking about how you deal with your own teeth issues. It is really awesome.

I looked up the meaning of my dreams - found some stuff that really hit home.

Teeth are permanent parts of our body which if removed cause immense pain. So if your teeth fall out it may suggest that you are thinking about some permanent part of your life which is under threat. It could also mean that you have recently ended a relationship or left a job.

QUESTIONS to help you make associations(pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- Have your teeth been a problem recently?
- Do you feel some cahnge or transition in your life was more painful than you thought?

KEY WORDS : Permanent part, loss, move, change, state of own teeth

KEY PHRASES(Pick a quote which captures your feelings right now. Think especially of the day before the dream) :
- "It was a difficult break up"
- "it felt like it was a part of me"
- "I feared I would lose him"
- "leaving my job"
- "moving away"
- "my teeth need some attention"
- "I am worried about my teeth"

Toilets can often link to bad experiences we have just had, embarrassing problems, emotional situations, bad events and intense fears. There maybe a good clue in the dream. If you go to the toilet it will usually suggest you have just got over some bad experience. But if you have clogged up toilets or unflushed toilets it may suggest that you cannot get out of the bad experience or gain a sense of relief afterwards.

QUESTIONS to help you make associations(pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- Were you very scared or embarassed the day before?
- Is there some really bad experience that you wish to get out of your system?
- In what ways have you been overwhelmed recently?
- Was the toilet clogged or dirty? If yes then what bad feelings can you simply not flush away?
- Do you feel your privacy has been invaded? That you are having to express difficult emotions in a rather uncomfortable setting?

KEY WORDS :Nervous, frustrations, shocked, scared, embarassed(write down some quotes that capture your key feelings on issues that have been dominating your mind. Then see if any of these words could appear in those quotes)

KEY PHRASES(Pick a quote which captures your feelings right now. Think especially of the day before the dream) :
- "that was so embarrassing"
- "overwhelming problems"
- "continuous bad feelings"
- "frustrations about something"
- "I am feeling nervous about it"
- "having my privacy invaded"
- "I was scared"
- "it was shocking"
- "all those bad times and frustrations"

I had discovered something that had been hidden from me about my last relationship with a violent guy, and he also reappeared in my life trying to come back to me...I shut the door on him completely and then was mourning the loss of not just him, but the partnership and the years together and a whole bunch of stuff.

Cats are not easy symbols to understand. But pets are solitary creatures and cats seem to be linked with a wish to be independent. Cats are also associated with magic and with that an ability to see in the dark. They can thus see through difficult circumstances. But many dreams about your cat may simply link to your thoughts about your cat.

- Are you very stubborn and self willed?
- Do you tend to be by yourself a lot? - Have you got a cat and have you been thinking about it?

KEY WORDS : Independant minded, my cat, solitary

- "I want to do this my own way"
- "I want to be by myself right now"
- "my cat needs..."
- "I have been thinking about my cat"

Dogs in dreams will tend to symbolise some specific aspect of their behavior. Dogs are pack animals and maybe can link to your wish for others to follow and copy your behavior. They may symbolise a dogs ability to sense danger(especially if the dog barks). Dogs are territorial so look for some issue in your life involving control of territory. Dogs can symbolise good friends and devoted family. In a negative sense dogs may link to stale ideas which just follow the pack and have no imagination.

- Did you encroach on someones territory yesterday?
- Do you wish that others would follow your ideas and leadership?
- Did you expect more loyalty yesterday?
- Is someone just too devoted to you?

KEY WORDS : Devoted, trust, loyalty, faithfully following, territoriality, sensing danger

- "he is devoted to me and does everything I say"
- "a close bond of trust and ability to stick by each other during difficult times"
- "I was expecting more from you"
- "I thought he was a trusted friend"
- "I expected more loyalty"
- "I just do not want to offend him as he has been helpful"
- "follow my lead"
- "very devoted to his ideas"
- "faithfully follow that style"
- "sensing danger"
- "its my office!" - "he is on my patch"

What can I say? Yes I spend alot of time alone. I am very like a cat. My name is KAT!! The dogs in the dream were representative of qualities that had been lost but also the friends around me trying to remind me that I wasn't alone. I fully understand this dream even though I have only touched on it here. Suffice to say, it has a few other layers and ironically my biggest supports when I am alone are my cat and dog - both of which have died. First my cat back in march and now just yesterday my dog. I do feel very alone without them. The dog especially had a connection with the ex and relationship so it is bringing up alot of unresolved grief - a bit like spitting out teeth and ignoring any pain - just going through the motions. Not caring how I look or what anyone else's opinion is anymore...just breathing in and out and letting all the grief and pain go. Especially letting go of my self blame and judgment. Retrieving my hope from a situation that has run it's course and left me in a better place, stronger and wiser. The light at the end of the tunnel wasn't in his arms - it has always been in my heart and soul, and I have enough self-respect now not to give that light away to the darkness when it encroaches. It is easy to give up but it takes guts to love. And love to me is as natural as air to lungs which keeps us breathing. So I am taking one breath after another and going deep into my light...butterlight

Oops! Dream info from: unclesirbobby
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Wow Kat, I lost my job and relationship and moved all in the same breath Shocked , then lost my teeth too. scratch Then I went out to sisters place and this little puppy was chained up in the neighbours front yard, he really needed a new home and me too. This is how I ended UP with my puppy Duke and still feel he was my only reason I got out of bed every day, was to see too him and care for the little guy, he needed me and he was so HAPPY to BE a-LIVE, this was something that I also had to find, a reason to want to BE a-LIVE pray

Oooh and I also forgot to mention that I had another dog at the time, but was so clinging on to the hope that she would get BE-tter and don't want to put her down, but she had BE-en hit by my son's school bus one afternoon and was really suffering from it for 3 months, so I really had to let her go and bring home Duke.

May-BE time for a new puppy sweetie. butterlight moonie pinkheart

sweetheart luvu
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:42 am

Not yet...I still have an adopted kitten to love, and my three wonderful children who have been absolute rocks in the storm. If I did one thing right in life, I helped them learn how to love and how to share that love with others. We are all hurting, but we are all gaining strength from one another as well.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:56 am

Crazy dream... first thing I thought of was that it seems to represent changes in your life and going with the past of least resistance. I periodically have dreams about toilet cubicles too... it's so weird! Usually the door is open or there is something unusual in the toilet, like yellow plastic sprockets or something random like that. lol
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Blue Water

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 am

Someone gives some possible meanings for "losing teeth" un a a dream: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_meaning_of_a_dream_where_you_lose_teeth
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 8:19 am

There's a few good theories there, thanks Blue big grin

I think my dream was about changes in my life. I haven't had any further teeth dreams since and I am comfortable with where the changes have led me.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Dreaming of teeth falling out may represent insecurity. These dreams often occur at a time of transition between one phase of life and another.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:13 am

Yes, no-one likes the idea of losing their teeth - especially unexpectedly. disappointing What struck me about my dream was that once I realised all my teeth were going to fall out and stopped feeling anxious, they came out easily and there was no longer any blood. The more I accepted the change, the less teeth fell out and eventually they stopped falling out altogether and I had a few that were still firmly in my gums. And the message in that is not lost on me - what we resist persists. Go with the flow and all will be well big grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreams about teeth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about teeth   Dreams about teeth Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreams about teeth
Page 1 of 1