Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? Empty
PostSubject: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Since last year I've been having odd experiences with the music of a favourite band. What is really odd is the way I suddenly re-gained interest in them, and it's making me think that I've been guided back to their music for a reason. The band is Placebo and they were one of my favourite bands for a while, around 12 or so years ago; then suddenly last year I started to have dreams about them. The first dream was that I was at a hospital and I wanted to discharge myself, and I can't explain it but I had a sense that Placebo had something to do with one of the rooms there, like an office or something, and I had a feeling that they were somehow ushering into my life or something. After that, I had three vivid dreams that their singer came to my house, and in all the dreams there was a strong sense of empathy between us. Which, in hindsight, makes sense to me now because I've noticed since I got back into their music (as a result of the dreams), I see that lyrically I can emotionally connect with a lot of it. Until just last year I was only familiar with one album, but now I've caught up on everything I missed and I'm loving it - with the strange added bonus that I keep finding meanings in the songs, and they come to me at the right time. And it's worked out that all of it has been really useful! The latest thing is that for days I've had a line from the song 'Haemoglobin' stuck in my head - "haemoglobin is the key to a healthy heartbeat". I was trying to figure out why it was going around in my head and I thought maybe it's something to do with heart chakra issues... but I couldn't put my finger on it. Today I finally realised that maybe I'm anemic or at the very least, could maybe feel better with some iron?! It occured to me because recently I watched on DVD, Placebo's singer getting vitamin B12 shots. lol And that is also the thing that made me think that perhaps I've been guided to Placebo's music... because in the past, I've received very specific guidance on my health and particularly in relation to vitamins and minerals (notably, calcium/magnesium, and zinc - the calcium/magnesium was shown to me in a dream, and the zinc message came in the form of an MB song, 'Think Zinc' that wouldn't go away until I finally went and bought myself some zinc! lol). I've also had the feeling that getting back into Placebo is somehow healing for me - hence the hospital setting of the first dream... and it's ironic that all it takes is a 'placebo'... lol... I realise how silly it all sounds and maybe I'm just loco - but I wondered if this kind of thing has happened to anyone else??
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 1:21 am

Well I first learned about Placebo's from my mother who was taking pills apart and putting sugar inside instead of the chemical and it proves and proved the power of the mind that when you think you are getting what you want you will be content with what you are getting. The next question is what do you really need?

Everyone needs to be loved, and love does not make you run away... I have a lot to say about the love that we all desire and actually need.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 9:42 am

Yes it happens to me. I think you have read the signs of what it means for you in this instance perfectly.

Music plays a big role in communications between me and the other side. I often hear a big band playing in another dimension - like one from the early part of the last century. Sometimes i hear ceremonial music and chanting.

Lots of synchronicities happen with songs in my life. When I need comfort, Duran Duran often randomly crop up. Right now, the song 'Halo' by Beyonce has come on while I am thinking of a personal situation where I have been wondering whether I am the good guy or the bad guy...I've been giving it up to my guides and trying to stay centered in my energy throughout it.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:06 am

It is interesting the memories that are carried upon music and how connected I am to the music that I enjoy so much.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 8:56 pm

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo wrote:
Well I first learned about Placebo's from my mother who was taking pills apart and putting sugar inside instead of the chemical and it proves and proved the power of the mind that when you think you are getting what you want you will be content with what you are getting. The next question is what do you really need?

Everyone needs to be loved, and love does not make you run away... I have a lot to say about the love that we all desire and actually need.

Ah, I see what you are getting at. I think how the idea of a "placebo" relates to me personally though, is along the lines of my own mind power and also the connection of a 'sense' of wellbeing contributing to physical healing - and the strangest thing that proved it to me is the day I first blasted Placebo music at home last year... it made me feel so good that the muscle pains I had been experiencing simply disappeared! As for love... well love is healing too but maybe the fact that I do not believe that I'm a person who *needs* a relationship means that I should be more open to love?? That in itself is another topic though. tongue
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Goth~Ink wrote:
Yes it happens to me. I think you have read the signs of what it means for you in this instance perfectly.

Music plays a big role in communications between me and the other side. I often hear a big band playing in another dimension - like one from the early part of the last century. Sometimes i hear ceremonial music and chanting.

That is quite simply amazing to me!

Goth~Ink wrote:
Lots of synchronicities happen with songs in my life. When I need comfort, Duran Duran often randomly crop up. Right now, the song 'Halo' by Beyonce has come on while I am thinking of a personal situation where I have been wondering whether I am the good guy or the bad guy...I've been giving it up to my guides and trying to stay centered in my energy throughout it.

Gosh... I love synchronicities like that. I agree you should stay centered, and definitely don't think of yourself as the 'bad guy', because that sounds like a bit of a hindrance and a huge discredit to yourself. Stay focused on the highest good!

This afternoon for no reason, 'Eight Days A Week' by the Beatles came into my head and I HAD to start singing it. It seemed totally random but as though it could have a meaning. When I looked up the words, it's just a really sweet song about a guy who really loves his girlfriend. Aww. It did make me stop and think... consider... maybe that's how Mr Gem feels? (Even if we annoy each other sometimes)...
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:53 am

Well going by your last reply to GWB, it sounds like reassurance from the other side that you are loved Gem pinkheart

Don't you hate when you get a song in your head and you can't get rid of it till you sing it?? And it gets louder and louder until you do? see stars
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:32 am

Crystalinks, Sacred Geometry of Music & Mathematics

The discovery of the relationship of geometry and mathematics to music within the Classical Period is attributed to Pythagoras, who found that a string stopped halfway along its length produced an octave, while a ratio of 3/2 produced a fifth interval and 4/3 produced a fourth. Pythagoreans believed that this gave music powers of healing, as it could "harmonize" the out-of-balance body, and this belief has been revived in modern times. Hans Jenny, a physician who pioneered the study of geometric figures formed by wave interactions and named that study cymatics, is often cited in this context. However, Dr. Jenny did not make healing claims for his work.

Even though Hans Jenny did pioneer cymatics in modern times, the study of geometric relationships to wave interaction (sound) obviously has much older roots (Pythagoras). A work that shows ancient peoples understanding of sacred geometry can be found in Scotland. In the Rosslyn Chapel, Thomas J. Mitchell, and his son, my friend Stuart Mitchell, have has found what he calls "frozen music". Apparently, there are 213 cubes with different symbols that are believed to have musical significance. After 27 years of study and research, Mitchell has found the correct pitches and tonality that matches each symbol on each cube, revealing harmonic and melodic progressions. He has fully discovered the "frozen music", which he has named the Rosslyn Motet, and is set to have it performed in the chapel on May 18, 2007, and June 1, 2007.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:45 pm

This is such a wonder-FULL thread to me guys and it has so many underlying emotional tones to it also. What I mean by that is, for the last four yrs I was given the chance and gift to get in tune with ALL my emotions though music and time travel right back into my past and heal any of my wounds and things that I don't understand then, things that caused me stress or mental or body pain, but found that music could really transcend me and give me a whole new prospective on my past, people and events. It's like the old saying goes, When one can say their name, name the time and place, remember the events and feel no blame, shame, resentments, guilt, anger, sadness, pain, etc ... and one feels calm, balanced and at peace with ones-ELF when thinking about ones past, people, and events, then you know you've healed. Well music was that trigger in my mind and time for me to release the old ways and get in touch with the real me, break though some illusions and misunderstandings. I had the easiest time with this release of my emotions when I lay mys-ELF down to sleep at nite, I would leave the radio on while sleeping and play a station, play the 70's music and that would take me back in time. I would wake-UP sometimes while a song was playing and BE crying streams of tears and feel so cleansed and purified, released and relieved also.

I can now name that tune and place it to a happier time and space when the music plays in my head.

Kinda like, name that emotion or feeling in time, " Been Dazed and Confused for so Long, Its not True ", Name that band " Led Zepplin " or " You do it to yourself, you do " Name that band " Radio Head " raflmao

Thank-You !! !!
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Goth~Ink wrote:
Well going by your last reply to GWB, it sounds like reassurance from the other side that you are loved Gem pinkheart

Maybe! I know I've had assurance before that I am not alone... literally through song lyrics. So that's very possible. I remember one day I was feeling very depressed and lonely and I started listening to music on my computer. I had the urge to listen to David Bowie's 'Ziggy Stardust' album and although I cued it to play from the first song (no random shuffling or anything), at some point for no reason it skipped ahead several tracks and started playing 'Rock N' Roll Suicide' - which is a song I wasn't very familiar with, but in the midst of my lonely feelings I was amazed when this song told me "No, you're not alone!" Shocked The sudden skipping to a song has happened to me before as well - like you mentioned with 'Hold Back The Rain', Goth. Last year Mr Gem's bro brought home a DVD of the movie about Bob Dylan... they were about to watch it but I was busy working, and I commented that I would have really liked to watch it - and then all of a sudden, my Marc Bolan toolbar started up (I downloaded it to my browser last year) and it started playing a song I had never heard before - Marc's cover of Bob Dylan's 'Blowin' In The Wind'! Coincidence? Nah-uh! tongue

As for 'Eight Days A Week' - the thing that I liked about it is that it seems to describe feelings that are pure and simple, not complicated by problems and issues. I suppose I've turned a bit cynical about love relationships, so maybe the song was to remind me about simplicity and sweetness??

Goth~Ink wrote:
Don't you hate when you get a song in your head and you can't get rid of it till you sing it?? And it gets louder and louder until you do? see stars

I always find it amusing! big grin
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Goth~Ink wrote:

I've heard the Native American Drum Beats and I feel when I allow mys-ELF to sit long enough in Mother Nature, quiet my soul, find my calm place, I hear Mother Nature sounds and ALL their songs. :scratch

I hear a horn BE-ing blown alot in my head, more so upon awaken, more like a Trumpet !! !! No It's not my alarm clock Shocked Silly cheesygrin lol!!!

May-BE it all means ONE should go to the BEAT of their own Drummer or start blowin my own Horn in life unsure blu wink idea TOOT TOOT !! !! woot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?   Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music? Empty

Back to top Go down

Really odd, but... do you ever get guided to specific music?
Page 1 of 1