Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Plant Totems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:06 pm

DANDELION !! !!Plant Totems Dandelion_puff_xl_1Dandelion Puff Pic By Caption Hops
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:10 pm

This is One of my most Fav.'s of ALL the weeds !! !!Plant Totems 010e10 mr green
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:13 pm

Plant Totems Moon_s10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Plant Totems 025e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Plant Totems 053e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Plant Totems 062e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Plant Totems Willow10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Plant Totems Willow11O.K, Here's where it BE-comes very interesting, to me any-Who !! !! If One is to look at the Petals at the top of the Dandelion, you will find their tops form a Perfect Astrology Symbol , that of the " ARIES RAM HEAD " Wooo, NOW thats some good Symboiogy going on in this creation. mr green This is the same time of the Native American Indian teachings.

Budding Tree Moon(Red Hawk)
March 21-April 19

Dandelion is their Plant Totem sun
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:51 pm

More to come on this very interesting WEED !! !!

Just say " YELLOW " !! !! Three Times manifest
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Plant Totems Willow12
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Dandelion, the plant totem of the Red Hawk People.   Plant Totems EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:00 am

Dandelion, the plant totem of the Red Hawk People, is proably a familiar plant to most people and one that does not necessarily conjure up happy pictures to those who like smooth, green, grassy front lawns. For any who don't know it, dandelion is a shiny green rosette of tooth-edged leaves. The flower stem, which grows to six inches or more in height, bears a single yellow flower, which becomes a ball of white fuzz when the seeds are formed--a ball that disperses and goes off with the wind. The root and stem yield a milky liquid when cut. While the root is the official medicinal part, the whole herb is very useful.

Rather than poisoning their their dandelions, gardeners should wait until they are in flower and pluck them up, root and all.
The root can be dried and used as a coffee substitute or an herbal remedy, and the greens can be cooked as a potherb. The greens, especially when they are older, do have a bitter taste, as well as a slight narcotic property. In preparing them it is good to soak them in salted water for about an hour before using, or to cook them in several waters, always throwing out the previous one. Dandelion greens contain almost seven times the amount of vitamin A per ounce as carrots or lettuce, plus goodly amounts of vitamins B,C, and G, calcium, phosphorus, iron and natural sodium, which helps to purify and alkalize the bloodstream.

Native healers here, as well as in most other parts of the world, used dandelion root as a tonic that would help to open and cleanse all of the eliminatives organs and your body in general. They also used dandelion as a diuretic and an agent to balance the blood sugar level in the body. Some Native people used the roots as a sedative.

Like the dandelion, Red Hawk people have the tendency to put up all over the place, since they are usually flying from one project to another. This habit doesn't endear them to people who find it hard to deal with their energy level, and don't understand the benefits that a Red Hawk person can bring to things that interest them. All the energy of Red Hawk people, like all of the parts of the dandelion, can be useful to people who know how to help them channel it. Like their herb, they are a treasure-house of useful things to those who take the time to understand them.

Red Hawk people have the property of opening, and beginning to cleanse, the things, ideas and people that they touch. Since they are so forthright themselves, they do not like to find insincerity or manipulation in others, and they will speak their minds if they feel that these qualities are there. Red Hawk people are sincere, and often right in what they see. Those who can listen to what they have to say find that the things they learn give them an impetus toward opening up their own minds and emotions. Opening in this way is the first step towards cleansing any negative qualities out of yourself.

Red Hawk people can benefit from the soothing relaxing qualities of the dandelion, as they often find it difficult to turn off their energy when their work the day is completed. Dandelion, mixed with other herbs, might be useful for them in clearing up congestion of the head, with which they are often afflicted. Red Hawk people, since they are headstrong, often have problems with diseases of the head. They have a tendency to hit their heads accidentally a lot more frequently than other people, perhaps because they sometimes tend to fly into things too quickly, without taking the time to look over.

Taken from my book " The Medicine Wheel " Earth Astrology, Sun Bear and Wabun
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:14 am

Natural Healing with Dandelion

Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is a common herb related to the sunflower family. The name Dandelion comes from the French 'dents de lion', meaning lion's teeth, to describe the jagged leaves. We often pay them little attention until they're taking over our lawns, yet they are full of nutrients and healing properties. For starters, the chemical and nutrient content of young dandelion leaves includes; potassium, gluten, magnesium, niacin, calcium, phosphorus, proteins, resin, iron, sulphur, zinc, vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E. The leaves are a richer source of vitamin A than carrots!

Healing Properties of Dandelion
Dandelion tea, whether made from the root or the leaves, makes a great tonic, because it stimulates the body to eliminate waste and toxins. Because the leaves are rich in readily available magnesium, dandelion is a great herb for improving bone health. Magnesium increases bone density, so dandelions may actually help to prevent bone disorders such as osteoporosis.

Dandelion helps both the liver and gall bladder to break down fat, by stimulating the flow of bile. This helps prevent gallstones. Dandelion also helps the liver with its process of detoxification. This makes it beneficial for diseases such as hepatitis. It also has diuretic properties (it stimulates the flow of urine), which makes it beneficial for anyone suffering from a urinary infection.

The milk from Dandelion stems can cure warts. It should be applied three times each day.

Picking Your Own Leaves

If you want to pick your own dandelion leaves, remember to select them from an area that is not affected by roadside car fumes or pesticide spray. Also, take into consideration that the younger the shoots are, the sweeter their flavour will be. Fleshy, well-formed roots with fewest forks may be picked from plants at least a couple of years old. Autumn is the best time for picking roots. Dandelion roots, dried by artificial heat and slightly roasted until they are dark brown, make an excellent substitute for coffee or ordinary tea. Alternatively you can purchase dandelion tea bags and dandelion root powder at good health stores. Fresh dandelion greens are becoming a regular option in the produce section of many supermarkets.

Eating and Drinking Dandelion

There are several ways you can incorporate dandelion into your diet. Fresh leaves make a delicious and nutritious addition to salads or sandwiches. They may also be cooked and used in addition to or replacement of spinach or cabbage.

For a refreshing dandelion tea, blend two handfuls of the leaves with 1 pint of water, and liquidize then strain. Adding carrot juice and/or honey will both sweeten the flavour and add to the nutrients.

Dandelion wine may be made, by adding a gallon of water to a gallon of flowers. Stir the liquid well, cover and leave to stand for three days, stirring at regular intervals. After the third day, strain the liquid and bring to the boil, add 3lbs of sugar, a little ginger and the sliced rind of an orange or lemon. When it is cold add a little brewer's yeast on a piece of bread. After a couple of days remove the bread, and seal the liquid in a bottle or demijohn, and leave to stand for two months. The wine has the taste of a dry sherry and is an excellent tonic.

By Safe Alternative Medicine
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:25 am

Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions

Author Unknown

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take - but by the moments that take our breath away."

When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard.
My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.

When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away.
My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.

When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen.
My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.

When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.
My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.

When I pray, I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that.
My kids say, "Hi God! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."

When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and dirty carpets.

My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross, and worms to play with.

I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from? No wonder God loves the little children!
Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

I wish you Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions!!!
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:01 am

sun Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Oh my Goth... no way you've done it again Solane! Are you reading me telepathically? This humble little plant made a big impact on me in a group workshop I went to for healing this week. Amazingly on the way there I saw a hawk and then again on the way home I saw the hawk. And the dandelions had a big impact on helping me connect with my inner child. Which in ripple effect had a big impact on me reaching my kids on an emotional level and helping them express their feelings so they could heal...that's some powerful psychic mojo you got goin' on there lady! see stars sweetheart
Back to top Go down
harmonygirl
Magician
Magician
harmonygirl

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptySun May 03, 2009 8:28 am

Great post. I have always loved the dandelion. I have never known why..... the colour..... its strength....

great info
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:29 am

When I was a kid I asked my parents why they mowed down the dandilions. Mom says they are weeds. I said They are flowers.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo
Light Warrior
Light Warrior

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:22 am

I missed this? How did I miss this? I am trying to make my yard a Dandelion free zone... LOL I take on monumental tasks... But hey? What is a guy to do? I like my green grass green, and my dandelion leaves in my salad... I don't hate them, I just want them to grow where they belong... Europe could have sold the Dandelions instead of letting them get over here for free... :) They are the losers in the whole Dandelion deal... LOL... I know I'm a brat... Heheheheeheee... :)
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: What Does Your Favorite Flower Have to Teach You?   Plant Totems EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What Does Your Favorite Flower Have to Teach You?

"...those delicate and fragrant beings we call flowers would come to play a role in [our] evolution...As the consciousness of human beings developed, flowers were most likely the first thing they came to value that had no utilitarian purpose for them...They provided inspiration to countless artists, poets, and mystics. Jesus tells us to contemplate the flowers and learn from them how to live. The Buddha is said to have given a 'silent sermon' once during which he held up a flower and gazed at it...Seeing beauty in a flower could awaken humans, however briefly, to the beauty that is an essential part of their innermost being, their true nature."

- Ekhart Tolle in A New Earth

A blossom is the crown chakra of a plant, and vibrates with the plant's unique essence and spiritual wisdom. When we tune into a blossom (or open ourselves to its energy) we can be transported to a subtler realm and higher dimension, and receive wisdom, healing, guidance, and support.

To receive these positive effects by allowing a blossom to communicate with you, all you have to do is relax and awaken your senses. Feel the blossom's beauty and scent not just with your eyes and nose, but with your entire body. Next, consciously open your heart and then simply receive the information and energy that comes to you via images, thoughts, and feelings.

When we allow ourselves to be supported and nurtured by the spiritual wisdom of a blossom, "taking time to smell the flowers" takes on a whole new meaning.

And, the flower we're most drawn to, the one we refer to as our "favorite," is our favorite for a reason. It is a special friend, companion, and spiritual teacher.

Lilacs are my favorite. Spending time with them transports me to the "world between the worlds," beyond the veil of time, where this realm merges with the next. Lilacs open my heart and attune me to my truest and most authentic self. They remind me that each moment is both fleeting and eternal. Interestingly, they also seem to call to mind a pleasant past life I had in Victorian England, or perhaps on the East Coast somewhere. I can almost see the big white house I lived in then and the way the sunlight moved through the trees and flowers in the expansive garden on the property.

What's your favorite? And what does it have to teach you? rose for you rose

Posted by Tess Whitehurst
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plant Totems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant Totems   Plant Totems Empty

Back to top Go down

Plant Totems
Page 1 of 1