Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Living Without the Signs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Living Without the Signs Empty
PostSubject: Living Without the Signs   Living Without the Signs EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:37 am

I'm trying a sort of experiment. My natural way of going about my daily life is to divide my consciousness so that I partially am aware of the everyday world and partially aware of the unseen world. The information form the two is then joined together to chart my course through time and space...well, I've decided to see how the other half live and have deliberately pulled the part of my consciousness dwelling with the unseen back into 3D reality and see what happens. I call it living without the signs. It is kind of the opposite of those trying to expand their psychic awareness...I want to find out if once you are open to it, if you can step back and live without it poking into your life and making itself obvious.

So let's see what happens. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Living Without the Signs   Living Without the Signs EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:19 am

Okay, so far so good.

In the first half hour of my experiment I have ignored the sweet floral scent of perfume that came out of nowhere. The more I denied it was there the stronger it got. Then I heard music - not just any music but a song I wrote about 20 years ago! A particular refrain kept repeating in my head but again, I pushed it aside. Then this visual came to mind that was associated with the supposed message in the song - a precognitive flash. I tried to ignore it but then two lines from the song kept repeating in a loop over and over...

Hmm, so far it seems all I have done is gathered evidence that 'what we resist, persists' scratch
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Living Without the Signs   Living Without the Signs EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 2:24 pm

unsure

Denial never works.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Living Without the Signs   Living Without the Signs EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:31 pm

Interesting experiment! I think I tend to ignore a lot of stuff, where I'll just go - "huh, ok. Back to reality". And that's only because I'm occupied with something else at the time. Then sometimes things persist and sometimes they don't. I'm curious to know how your experiment would work out over time.... but hopefully not at the expense of making it difficult to re-open your consciousness again.
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Living Without the Signs   Living Without the Signs EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 7:50 am

I am happy to say that by switching focus my creativity has really opened up. Without focusing on the external signs, I have been able to get in touch with many more internal ones and remove blockages. Perhaps now I am wondering if I had spent too much time being reliant on those outside signs to guide me, favouring them over my inner voice? I've certainly felt more 'me' this week and experienced a peace and happiness that is indescribable.

Two days ago I was in a bookstore and usually I feel tempted to load up with spiritual or self help books. As luck would have it, it was also the day I see my counselor and she had to cancel our session. Normally this would make me feel vulnerable and i would go rushing to the bookstore looking for comfort and external signs. Instead i just decided to let the situation sit and told myself 'it is what it is' and nothing more. I didn't freak out like I would have normally. And I realised that the books were a crutch. Something Neale Donald Walsch wrote in one of his Conversations with God books came flooding back to me: "If someone claims to be your saviour or a guru then they aren't - turn and walk away as fast as you can." Applying this to books, i realised that I had been using the authors to save me through their words. But their words are about their lives and not mine. This is when my experiment took on much deeper meaning for me. It is not denial of the signs but a shift in focus from the external to the internal: I have learnt and now actively choose to listen to my inner voice.

So the books stayed in the bookstore and I went home feeling content. I kept reminding myself that all my needs are taken care of and that everything I need I have. This is an important part of who I am. Because when I plug into the 'real world of illusion' as I like to call society, I often panic and take on the 'not good enough' or 'don't have enough' fear mindset. Which I did in regards to money this week. But my mantra brought me back to my inner peace and yesterday instead of panicking, I managed to have a productive day without fear or lack. You see, the lack feelings spark off the addictive quality of gambling in me. Here comes the stupid world of illusion belief. I start to think that an easy way out of financial problems is to gamble the money I have and win more. It is fun and it is reckless and there are no guarantees. To most normal non-addictive minds this would seem like a risky venture. To me, in fear mode it seems perfectly logical. Of course 9 out of 10 times I lose everything and make my financial situation worse. But I do love a challenge! And strange as it seems, my mantra always counteracts the losses and I am never without.

So yesterday, rather than tap into that unhealthy cycle of gambling and looking for external signs that would support it as the way forwards, I deliberately stayed at home. And I ended up writing over 3000 words on a novel I am working on big grin I was enormously proud of myself. Not only had I had broken a damaging pattern in my life, but I had tapped into a deeper part of my psyche to create something that makes me happy. And I have a cash abundance that more than covers the bills so I am stress-free.

One thing that has come out of this is valuable insight.

We can read other's words or be inspired by their journeys, but we can't emulate them. If we want to find out who we are, then the journey really does take us within. You will never find yourself reading books or reading signs. All that you are is contained within YOURSELF.

Meaning and purpose are not as important as BEING. Ego wants to build us up and make us feel special. It creates this illusion and dresses us in roles that we act out to support that specialness - but it is NOT REAL. If you are searching for authenticity, let go of all your preconceived ideas and let your heart speak. Don't be afraid of what you might hear. The purpose of life is to cultivate an authentic relationship with yourself. Meaning comes out of that experience. BE YOU and Express yourself freely. thumup Sharing who you are is just as important as being who you are.

Spirituality and how it colours our lives is a personal choice. Alot of what is claimed as being spiritual is an illusion. There is no set of rules about it that fit everybody. It IS meant to be personal and it is about CHOICE. Finding joy is more fulfilling than trying to be part of the current spiritual movement sweeping the planet. Light comes from the heart, not from how well you fit in with other people's ideas of who you should be. Be true to you. Don't judge who you, just BE who you are. That is your inbuilt guide to how to live your life. If it feels like a chore or a bore, then it isn't who you are meant to be so let it go. Don't feel guilty. Live your life. Love your life. Let others choose for themselves.

So, that is about it for now. I will let you know if anything else happens popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living Without the Signs   Living Without the Signs Empty

Back to top Go down

Living Without the Signs
Page 1 of 1