Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moonday Spiraling: Road Trip to Ancient America

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Solane Star

Moonday Spiraling: Road Trip to Ancient America Empty
PostSubject: Moonday Spiraling: Road Trip to Ancient America   Moonday Spiraling: Road Trip to Ancient America EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:19 am

Molly Hall About.com
Sunday October 10, 2010

The week begins with a faster-moving Moon in Sagittarius, just right for a road trip. Or a vision quest. The Virgo husband and I are going back to the Cherokee Indian reservation, and the mountains into Virginia for some fresh air. I keep thinking of Bilbo Baggins' line from Lord of the Rings, "I'm old, Gandalf. I know I don't look it, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread. I need a holiday. A very long holiday." So we'll be in Ancient America for this federal holiday (Columbus Day), which is an unintended, but awesome synchronicity. But unlike Bilbo, I do intend to return.

Ancient America: http://astrology.about.com/b/2008/10/13/ancient-america.htm

This week, I'm in the North Carolina mountains, on the Cherokee Indian Reservation, where this band has lived since they hunted mastodon with spears 10,000 years ago. The Cherokee Guide says, Welcome back. Way back. It's a synchronistic travel adventure for me, since one root on my family tree is Cherokee...from way back. Jupiter's inspirations to travel, when in deep earth Capricorn, have led back to ancestral history, but also to the knowledge that only comes through communion with the natural world. Again, from the guide, When you come to Cherokee, it's natural to imagine living a life wholly different from your own. This is travel of the highest order -- travel not just through space, but through ideas, feelings, insights and time.

Jupiter in Capricorn is like a friendly invitation to remember earth wisdom, before Pluto's move into Cap makes sustainability a more urgent matter. The indigenous Americans had and have reclaimed in many areas, an embedded-in-nature culture, what new consciousness thinkers like Joanna Macy call Deep Ecology. For the Great Turning (of the Ages), she advises, Act your Age: Since every particle in your body goes back to the first flaring forth of space and time, you're really as old as the universe. So when you are lobbying at your congressperson's office, or visiting your local utility, or testifying at a hearing on nuclear waste, or standing up to protect an old grove of redwoods, you are doing that not out of some personal whim, but in the full authority of your 15 billions years. A lot of people are turning to the earth-wise peoples, like the Maya and Hopi, because they see Earth's history across time. And knowing you're a part of that ancient history, can bring a sense of wonder and hope for the future.

I've always been intrigued by the memory of landscapes, the energy you can sense from a place, if you've got that ability to tune in. There are radiant, living zones...and there are dead zones. Since Pluto kills off the dead weight, until the essence remains, this era ahead means re-discovering the soul core of the Earth, and using that as the new foundation to build upon. It's a journey back...way back, to ourselves, in right relation to the living planet. Walking around today, mostly I'll be trying to drop the veils of modern life, and see what's underneath. Maybe more of us than we realize, have these gifts buried in our ancestry, of earth wise traditions, on which to dream a new future.

I intuit that there's a death & rebirth in my near future, and that takes time to be quiet with the soul. And like a lot of people, I've been sensing increased tension, and observing that the news gets stranger every day. One of my favorite authors on the 2012 phenomenon, Christine Page, says, "As life gets increasingly chaotic and challenging, it's important to take time for yourself to connect with your own sense of inner knowing. Balancing body, mind and spirit are the keys to getting through this period of transformation we call the Shift. The goal is to ride the waves of transformation and emerge joyfully on the shores of the new earth through connecting your inner and your outer life in authentic mindful harmony."

Page is offering a free telecourse on October 20th, through her Emergence Project. The theme is "Birthing a New World of Unity and Compassion." So that's what I've got for you, 'til the next report from the road.

http://www.theemergenceproject.net/
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1