Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Places of increased energy and their effect on you

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Places of increased energy and their effect on you Empty
PostSubject: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:30 am

In certain places I've been, I've noticed a different type of energy, or the energy will affect me in a way that it increases my sensitivity. One example would be when I first got together with Mr Gem and I was staying at his place a lot; I was having a lot of emotional upheaval at the time, which also accounted for a sudden increase in sensitivity, astral-type dreams, and the whole new experience of hearing things clairaudiently every now and then. A lot of things happened that seemed to be connected with Mr Gem's flat, and one of the flatmates there also confirmed that she felt strangely affected by the place. I then found out that the entire street/area of town is well known for strange supernatural activity. Last year I went into my friend's room after she'd brought in an orgone generator and while there I had a very fast claircognisant realisation. Last weekend we went away for a thing with Mr Gem's family and the house we stayed in seemed to affect me as well. While falling asleep I seemed to have very vivid visions, like on the first night when I closed my eyes I "saw" a man appear in the room; it didn't freak me out but I decided not to sleep on my back that night, and I turned over so I wouldn't be disturbed. Also while in that house, one night I was sitting by myself getting a bit meditative and my crown chakra felt much stronger than usual - almost like a solid thing above my head, rather than just a tingling or a swirling or vague feeling like I usually get. I don't know what was causing it in that house but for some reason there must have been an increased energy. What I'm wondering is, AFTER you've been in a place like this, does it continue to have any effect? I mean in terms of giving you something like a 'psychic boost'? Or is it more like a one-off thing that only affects you at the time?
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:09 am

Wow interesting thoughts Gem. I have my theories about why certain places produce that effect but I never really thought about what happens after...have you noticed anything residual since the weekend?
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:38 pm

I've been so busy since we got back I haven't really noticed anything much - except what triggered my thoughts was that I have a few pictures of MB on my wall by the desk, and when I was looking at them last night I got a really strong sense of his energy, much stronger than I have before (except for in my astral travels); I've never really picked up a strong *sense* of a person's energy from a picture before, so I had wondered if I'm still being affected by whatever was going on over the holiday. scratch

I'd love to hear your thoughts on why and how certain places can have this effect, Goth. Somebody mentioned to me a while back that Mr Gem's old flat could be the site of an energy vortex.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Blue Water

PostSubject: Re: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:09 am

I know what you mean. I've found the same thing. There are places, in nature mainly, that are sacred to me. They fill me, body, mind and soul. Other places drain me, sometimes badly. Some places have a positive energy, others a negative. Through the woods alone I'll encounter places that are welcoming and inspiring, others that feel to be cautious of me, and others that feel to be sectretive and I get the feeling that my presence is not welcome there so I leave. On rare occasion, I happen upon a tree that I get a strong vibe from. One time a tree that looked partly broken; some of its limbs were broken off intentionally by bored kids who wondered to the bridge nearby, I think, to look at the beavers. I got a feeling of extreme anger directed at me as I stood next to it, as if it wanted to attack me. I backed away, as if the tree might actually move and grab hold of me (like the Ents on the Lord of the Rings! eyeroll) Othertimes I'll get a feeling of love/acceptance from a tree, or inspiration or wisdom, and on very rare occasion some lone and higher-up trees (trees that are not only tall but grow up from a mound) radiate a sharp spiritua connection to a much higher force or conciousness. I feel that through such a tree you can easily connect yourself and pray to powerful spirits.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:38 pm

Wow! I actually feel like the trees in Lord of the Rings are closer to reality than most people think. ;) That's a pretty amazing connection you have there!

Last night I went to hear Kelvin Cruickshank speak and take questions - he's one of the mediums from a TV show here called 'Sensing Murder'. It was a tiny audience of only about 30 people (6 of which were me and a few of my friends). I thought he was cool! We were sitting close to him and we were able to ask questions and interact with him pretty casually really. What interested me the most, and what I now WISH I could ask him about, was that it seemed as though things were more intense than usual for a few people who were there. Kelvin said that before the show, he had asked the loved ones and friends of the audience members to be present - he wasn't there to do readings, specifically, but he did let a few people know which of their loved ones were coming through - so I presume the level of spirit activity in the room was quite high. One lady said that she could feel her guides around her much more strongly than usual - so much so that it was giving her strong chills. My friend said she got cold. And when I wasn't expecting it, it felt like a strong thought of my grandmother was pushing itself into my mind, and then I felt vibes/energy in my upper body and I started to feel hot. I have actually felt her presence before, and have known she was around by thoughts and songs that came into my head - but I've never felt the sensation of a thought PUSHING into my head before. Last night when I went to bed, my crown started tingling (this is usual for me), but what surprised me was that my ears started tingling as well! It was as though I was preparing to hear clairaudiently... I felt I wasn't ready to hear anything last night though, so I hoped that I wouldn't (I have before, but not while fully awake). lol! But the tingling remained as I drifted off to sleep. So... I find it interesting that just being at the Kelvin Cruickshank talk seemed to increase my sensitivity. I'm curious to see whether or not I get any more instances of this or it's just something that happened as a one-off because of being around a lot of spirit energy at the time.
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:38 pm

There are some places where I sensed the strongest of energies. One was at a zoo/park in a wooded area where the deer roamed freely and you could walk amongst them. I felt the place was sacred and magical. It was quite intense. I wondered if perhaps indians lived there at one time. I was just filled with this deep reverence for the earth and everything all around me, more so than most other places I have been. I was in awe at how strong this energy was. I had this overwhelming feeling of contentment and serenity.

Another time was an evil energy. Most of the quaint little shops in Salem Massachusettes have a mystical and very enchanting energy however, in one shop I was like whoa!!!!!! I don't scare easily, but I felt such an evil oppressive energy in there. Part of me wanted to run out as quickly as possible, the other half was intrigued. I was looking at the cool swords and jewelry and what-not when a tall handsome man walked by and smiled. I don't know why, but I had the feeling that he knew that I knew there was an unexplainable energy in there. I felt that he thought I was brave to have sensed it but stayed anyway. I also felt that he and others were involved in the dark arts. Weird I know. I have never forgotten this.
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:46 pm

On trees: They have always filled me with wonder and awe. Some have been around for a very, very, very long time. Imagine all the seasons that have passed for them, all those years and still they stand. Trees are just enchanting and beautiful and have an energy all their own.
Back to top Go down
l1l1th
Hierophant
Hierophant
l1l1th

PostSubject: Re: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 5:46 pm

Quote :
Another time was an evil energy. Most of the quaint little shops in Salem Massachusettes have a mystical and very enchanting energy however, in one shop I was like whoa!!!!!! I don't scare easily, but I felt such an evil oppressive energy in there. Part of me wanted to run out as quickly as possible, the other half was intrigued. I was looking at the cool swords and jewelry and what-not when a tall handsome man walked by and smiled. I don't know why, but I had the feeling that he knew that I knew there was an unexplainable energy in there. I felt that he thought I was brave to have sensed it but stayed anyway. I also felt that he and others were involved in the dark arts. Weird I know. I have never forgotten this.

No, not weird. I have experienced this from an individual who was involved with black magick, or more so, involved in using their abilities to manipulate/interfere with people for their own bizarre gain/entertainment/whatever. Psychic attack. They like the sense of power and domination they can conjure up by projecting fear, that's why he was smiling. I have always likened it to akin to 'psychic rape', you just feel very vulnerable. It is good you stood your ground.

I always imagine a mirror projecting it back at them and it usually wipes the smile off their face. no offence
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Oh! I just thought of another one - the theosophical library in town. The theosophical society holds meetings there - I've been to a couple of their pot luck dinners - and I think some other stuff has been done there too, like coven work and other occult things. A couple of times that I've been there on my own (apart from the library man), I have felt a bit weird - just in terms of feeling something. I can't name it to be good or bad, but just an increased energy. One day when I was in there I felt a weird pulse at the back of my neck, and I felt that I should turn around - and when I turned around the library man was staring over at me! He gave a little smile, so I smiled back and then turned back to the books. It was reallllly odd. I don't think he was up to anything creepy, as when I had talked to him about manifestation he did start saying that anything I manifest should only be for the highest good and never for bad - so he didn't seem as though he would be into anything 'dark'. All the same, he had this 'knowingness' that I found a little disconcerting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Places of increased energy and their effect on you   Places of increased energy and their effect on you Empty

Back to top Go down

Places of increased energy and their effect on you
Page 1 of 1