Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dreams about...teeth!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Dreams about...teeth!! Empty
PostSubject: Dreams about...teeth!!   Dreams about...teeth!! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:35 am

I am pretty sure this is a common one - it certainly is for me! And I just had another one two days ago before I started spring cleaning. In the dream, I was living with my ex and his family and doing all their bidding. They all seemed to accept me and I even had a warm and loving relationship with him...well from his perspective anyway. I didn't feel comfortable. Everytime I cooked a meal and ate it, I lost teeth!! Back ones - two on the upper jaw on each side to be precise. They didn't break and there was no pain or blood, they just came out in the food and I spat them out. Nobody seemed concerned that it happened and nobody else lost any teeth, just me. In all I lost 4, which is better than the last dream where I lost all of them in a bloody long drawn out painful sequence and then turned into a feral cat sitting on a toilet in a public cubicle (Don't get me started on that one!! Apparently I was also from another planet where all the inhabitants were these cat like creatures and we were hunted by a dog species...) Shocked

So anyway, I thought I would look into the possible meaning behind losing teeth in dreams to see what it means...

Teeth Falling Out, Tooth Loss - Dream Symbols

Dreams about...teeth!! Tumblrkw9tq5yrba1qzzh99

Remember when you were a child and a loose tooth was an exciting event? Remember how you pulled at it, gradually loosening it up until it finally fell from your gums, into your hands and you slipped it under your pillow with excitement knowing the tooth fairy was well on her way? Why isn't that same excitement present in tooth loss dreams?

Of all the dreams I get requests to interpret, tooth loss dreams are in the top ten. Actually, they are not so much requests for interpretation as pleas for reassurance. There is something very disturbing about these dreams--not only in the content but in the emotion that comes along with them. And it is in the emotional content of the dream that we find the biggest clue to its interpretation. Below are some ideas designed for helping you discover what those emotions may be and what those lost teeth might symbolize.

The next time you dream about losing teeth, before trying to figure out what it means, ask yourself how the dream made you feel. Oftentimes, it is not the dream of the teeth falling out that creates the disturbance to the psyche but the feelings that accompany the dream. There is often a feeling of helplessness, of powerlessness--the teeth are coming out and there is nothing the dreamer can do to stop the process. Sometimes teeth fall out, sometimes they are simply missing, sometimes they crumble away. Whichever way they make their exit, the dreamer is left with not only a gap in her smile, but a hole in her heart when she awakens.

If feelings of loss of control, helplessness or powerlessness accompany your tooth loss dream, the dream is typically acting as a mirror of a situation in waking life. Dreams of tooth loss coupled with anxiety reflect a fear of change, fear of transition. Ask yourself if there is some transition that you are fearful of making.

Sometimes tooth loss dreams point to a fear of failure or embarrassment. In waking life, when people lose teeth, they often cover their mouths when talking or smiling. Is there something you want to do but are afraid of undertaking because you fear you'll look foolish if you fail? Or is there something going on in your waking life that you feel you must hide or 'cover up'?

Dreams about...teeth!! Missing-teeth-small

Another interesting way of translating tooth loss dreams may be a fear of giving away too much information, a spilling of secrets, or a fear of being lied to.

These dreams, like all others, are report cards from the psyche, clues to how our consciousness and unconsciousness is handling the events of our waking life. Understanding their nightly messages helps us more successfully navigate our daily activities--even the ones that scare us or fill us with feelings of dread.

source: bellaonline

Yup, that seems to sum it up. Maybe my mind started spring cleaning before my physical body did and released that no longer needed set of emotions connected to my ex big grin Even though the dream made me feel belittled and taken for granted, afterwards I felt lighter. In a way, it actually helped me reset my clarity and then I was able to trust in what was communicated to me by another friend so it improved the quality of that relationship. I can't believe I am analysing this tooth dream right down to the subtle traces of energy left behind in it's wake but then that's me lol. Even when we are not awake our thoughts are shaping our reality, doing maintenance and working things out. I once remember being terribly anxious over a sum on my homework that I just could not do when I was about 10. I went to sleep that night, and the next morning woke up smiling. Straight away, I wrote down the answer - 72, and then working backwards I did the sum. I remembered working it out in my sleep! The mind is pretty amazing Sleep thumup
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

Dreams about...teeth!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams about...teeth!!   Dreams about...teeth!! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:39 am

Well done on your interpretation, Goth! clap Interesting to learn about what those teeth dreams mean, too thumup
Back to top Go down

Dreams about...teeth!!
Page 1 of 1