Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Now listening to...

Go down 
+6
MoonChild
Night Star
GemLover
harmonygirl
Goth~Ink
The Virus
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Virus
The Virus

Now listening to... Empty
PostSubject: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:36 pm

I just thought we needed one of these. I do recall us having one in the 1st Generation Light Warriors forum too. mr green

And I have currently taken a step back from my usual JPop, and drifted into some classic 80's music. You know the drill - Phil Collins, Tina Turner, Jan Hammer (who made the Miami Vice soundtrack), and that sort'a stuff. Currently I'm listening to Phil Collins Just another day in paradise. Damn, one of the greatest songs he's ever made. Don't settle for the cheap covers from 21st Century sissies, though. Only the original by Phil the Shill Collins will do. mr green

And yes, I always tend to drift into a lovely comfortable fluffy 80's/Miami Vice music mood when the spring draws near, which it does now here in the Republic of Scania. (Local joke. We're not really a republic, though we'd like to be. Man, we'd make a fortune off customs on alcohol trade between Sweden and Denmark alone.) It's perfect weather right now - not too hot, not too cold, the sun's shining, and the sky is relatively clear of clouds. The downside is I'm practically alone in a dump of a countryside village that all my friends have had the good sense to leave already. Sleep

Man, I can't wait to get to Sapporo. mr green
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:30 am

80s fluff is good any time of the year...whenever I feel down and need a boost I pull out Duran Duran and restore my inner geek. At the moment, the kids are watching Disney Channel on tv and Rob Thomas is singing 'These Small Wonders' from the Meet the Robinsons Soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Ah, Duran Duran... Now THAT is good music! cheers Their A view to kill was the best Bond theme ever! blu wink

As for DIsney Channel, well, I do like Kim Possible. That show is fun. mr green

And currently, I'm listening to Lionel Richie - All night long. Best party song ever. cool
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 9:09 am

Lionel Richie...who dresses not unlike the Miami Vice guys tongue Haha...can you hear those suits in his music? The 80s had such affluent, feelgood sounds...and very big hair. I remember my teen years back in the 80s...ahhhh the Madonna look...the rubber bangles and fluoro clothes. The Cyndi Lauper make up...dancing in stilettos that nearly crippled me for life...but the music lives on as a bright memory.

"I'm walking on Sunshinnnnnneeee.....wo-ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh" sun
Back to top Go down
harmonygirl
Magician
Magician
harmonygirl

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 9:51 am

This song is by Metric.
Its been in my head for a few days.... I keep singing the same line..... I guess I should read it.....

tremble
Theyre gonna eat me alive
If I stumble
Theyre gonna eat me alive

Can you hear my heart beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer
Help, Im alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer
Hard to be soft, tough to be tender

Come take my pulse, the pace is on a runaway train
Help, Im alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer

If youre still alive
My regrets are few.
If my life is mine,
what shouldnt I do?
I get wherever Im going,
I get whatever I need
while my bloods still flowing
and my heart still beats.

Help, Im alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer
Hard to be soft, tough to be tender
Come take my pulse, the pace is on a runaway train
Help, Im alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer

Its funny, I have felt like this, this week..... its interesting...huh
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Gotta agree with Duran Duran... I'm a Duranie from the '80s and I finally saw them in concert around 4 years ago now. It was awesome... 20 years in the making! I was in the 2nd row, like two metres away from Simon Le Bon! Shocked cheers I always like a bit of '80s Madonna if I feel like some cheering up. Or T Rex. mr green

I listened to The Smiths 'Strangeways Here We Come' last night, just because. I love Morrissey. "Stop me, oh oh oh stop me... stop me if you think that you've heard this one befooore..."
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Yeah, Duran Duran are really awesome. mr green The best part is they have their OWN sound, unlike most artists today. eyeroll

Now I'm listening to Jan Hammer's "Crockett's theme", from the Miami Vice soundtrack. cool It doesn't contain any singing, as almost none of Jan Hammer's Miami Vice songs do, but the music is plain magic. I'll throw in the linky for those of you who haven't heard it. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbQe_nfpJw ) Seriously, it's a crime not to have heard it, this song is the epitome of the 80's. blu wink
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 12:56 am

Moonie, time to rock this place. This is for you.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:04 pm

I remember Crocketts Theme very well... and Axel F! Love 'Back In Black' as well. rock on

Duran Duran have an awesome sound... I can recommend a couple more 80's artists that all Duranies should listen to - Gary Numan, and John Foxx!

Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:57 pm

happy hour Anytime I hear AC/DC especially Highway to Hell it reminds me of the show SUPERNATURAL...

Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:58 pm

BTW Gem, I love the Gary Numan song 'We Are Glass' cheers
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:47 pm

'Cars' is another great Gary Numan song!
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Currently listening to... Placebo! Brian Molko also happens to be a good reason to use this icon --> drool

I absolutely love Brian's cover of David Bowie's 'Five Years'. <3

drool drool drool
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:10 pm

Haha, love these songs, y'all. cheesygrin

To continue on the 80's streak;
Glenn Frey - Smuggler's Blues
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 am

To break with the 80s...everywhere I go I keep hearing 'Decode' by Paramore from the movie Twilight. Has anyone else notice how Evanescence-like this song is? Okay, so the singer is not as pretty, but hey...same gothic rock anthem quality clap
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Sanskrit mantras idea
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Goth, in the last couple of days at the cafe I usually go to, they've started to play 'Tomorrow' by Silverchair and it automatically makes me think of you! Weird eh when music makes you think of a specific person. :)
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:08 pm

Shocked That is so bizarre...Silverchair are one of my favourite bands and the other night I turned on the tv and they were playing 'Across the Night' by them. I love the line in that song "I don't want to be lonely, I just want to be alone...' because it is very me. That is sweet that you think of me Gem. Last night I was stressing over a meeting I had today and Duran Duran came on - they are like my comfort band. I swear the universe is speaking musically lately.
Back to top Go down
The Virus
The Virus

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:21 pm

I agree about that. mr green

Music is, as they say, the ultimate form of expression. (Okay, they don't say that, I just made it up, but it still is.) blu wink

Last edited by The Virus on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:29 pm

I remember you mentioning Daniel Johns a while back, Goth - but I don't think I knew they were one of your favourite bands! And how weird you mention Duran Duran again just now - as I was writing my post to you, I remembered about a time over four years ago, when an online friend told me he saw some Duran Duran DVD's in a record store and thought of me! It's like a bizarre circle of synchronicity. lol! Strange, I felt comforted the other week because 'The Reflex' was playing in the supermarket and I wondered if there was a message in it relating to "why don't you use it, try not to bruise it, buy time don't lose it"; I couldn't really make sense of it in relation to myself though! Then again, I could never really make sense of 'The Reflex'. tongue I'm getting a heck of a lot of personal meaning out of Placebo songs recently; words will jump out at me at just the right time and/or trigger something meaningful. Like the other week I connected with the words "it's in your reach - concentrate". And I realised I could change my life in an instant if I focused on manifesting what I want - so that's what I did, and it worked!!! Heaps of other examples too, all from Placebo. It's so odd.
Back to top Go down
l1l1th
Hierophant
Hierophant
l1l1th

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:33 am

The band that has always spoken to me is Pink Floyd (talking about 'cosmic' auras gem!). I LOVE space rock/prog. rock. But lately I have been getting the same thing with MGMT (which I suppose is the 2009 version of space rock or space disco or whatever). Their music has had a whole lot of hidden messages in it for me lately too. As with The Killers 'SPACEMAN' song ... for obvious reasons. tongue

MGMT (the cd ORACULAR SPECTACULAR) without a doubt, every time will make me automatically think of my ET experiences. Especially the "electric feel" song where they speak of "pushing circuits in the sea". Apparently they are pagans and the music is about their predictions, so I thought that was quite bizarre synchronicity. One of them is very easy on the eye and the video clip is awesome! Definately check it out. drool

I tried to post it here but alas sad cry
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:31 am

YESSSSSSS to MGMT!!! 'Electric Feel' is an awesome song and the first time I saw them, the guy who's "easy on the eye" reminded me so much of MB in his younger days (there is a photo of him aged around 21, sitting under a tree at David Bowie's house that looks so much like the MGMT guy!)... the video is like a cosmic Dionysian 'Midsummer Night's Dream'... first time I saw it was just a few days after my MB/Puck experience. Hehe...

I didn't know they were pagans, but I thought there was something about them...

'Fated To Pretend' is an awesome song too. big grin

Oooh! You have to see this... the other week somebody showed me a MGMT/David Bowie mashup complete with MB... cos David's song 'Lady Stardust' is actually about him... here, you'll love it!

What synchronicity eh! It gives me chills! Shocked
Back to top Go down
l1l1th
Hierophant
Hierophant
l1l1th

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:05 pm

woot

That was awesome gem! Thanks for posting that!

Yep after hearing that, MGMT are definately the definition of modern day millenium space rock ... I also love 'Kids', 'Pieces of What' and '4th Dimensional Transition' ... actually, just the whole album is fabulous.

They definately all share the same cosmic aura as MB, that's for sure! None of them could beat MB's smile though, that is truly a million dollar smile. He's giving me goosebumps again! MB has certainly mastered the art of spirit communication, he's everywhere and he's loving it.

And God I love david bowie too! His music definately speaks to me. He reminds me of a Pleiadian in Labyrinth. If I could find anything to describe a Pleiadian, David Bowie in that movie would be it.

Now listening to... Img_3

Now listening to... Fantasy13

thumup

yay. I'm glad I looked at this thread first thing after waking. I feel awesome and in a good mood! (a rare occurrence in the morning, believe me cheesygrin )
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:11 pm

lol, yep I think MB gets around quite a bit and loves to make himself known. mr green Glad you like the video! It definitely has a mood lifting quality. And I agree about MB's smile - it is beautiful! thumup
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 8:34 am

Oh my goodness, I love Labyrinth! The music from it just totally transports me to another realm. I see the Pleiadian-likeness in David in that movie too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... Empty

Back to top Go down

Now listening to...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Random Ramblings-
Jump to: