Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Now listening to...

Go down 
+6
MoonChild
Night Star
GemLover
harmonygirl
Goth~Ink
The Virus
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

Now listening to... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Lol I saw the Ozman on tv the other day quite randomly. I am not listening to anything but my 6 yo son's car toy revving in my ear. It is a blissful reminder of the joy of childhood. cheesygrin
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:03 am

Goth~Ink wrote:
I am not listening to anything but my 6 yo son's car toy revving in my ear. It is a blissful reminder of the joy of childhood. cheesygrin

lol !! cheesygrin You really think so?? lol lol
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 1:35 pm

This Day We Fight --> Megadeth
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 am

METRO STATION ----> more so, Mason Musso's solo stuff - AMAZING and sensitive and very inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 am

Delerium Feat Kreesha Turner ~ Dust in Garity cheesygrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4PNhJau2C8
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 am

Regina Spektor!

Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:13 am

Song for my Moon Brother, thought you may like. cheesygrin

Shaman's Harvest ~ " DragonFly "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sQfHD_b_E&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:11 pm

David Guetta ~ Ft. Estelle

One Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQyGYdRqulQ
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:48 pm

I have just discovered this band, through some weird synchronicity. On the morning I left for my holiday, the theme song from the 80's TV series Auf Wiedersehen Pet starting running through my head (it often does for some strange reason). When I arrived at my destination (Mr Gem's brother's house), when it came time to choose a DVD to watch, I noticed the box set of Auf Wiedersehen Pet was there! So we ended up watching it every single night that week - and I found out that my favourite character on the show, played by Gary Holton, was in a band in the 1970s - and now I love them! cheesygrin

(Unbelievably, I also found out that Gary Holton died in the 1980s. sad )
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Gem,

Glad to see you back from your vacation mr green How was your time away, hope you en-JOY-ed it ??

Thats some kind of synchronicity you got going on there with that music by Auf Wiedersehen Pet. Nice ONE cheesygrin You LOVE them NOW !! !!

Girl, you got me thinking and feeling again. Just last weekend, I was telling someone about ONE of my BE-st healing tools thus far in life, that would have to BE my Music memories of ALL the people and places I've known and felt. It's kind of like a word association, name that tune, name that feeling, person, place. What I mean by that is, things that trigger memories from ones past like " say my name, say my name ", the smell of their perfume, the music that was playing in the background that night or in the car. I seem to got alot of background music, so this was what I used as ONE of my major HEAL-ing tools in life. I found alot of my HEAL-ing tunes come from the 70's music, so I would go to sleep at night and turn the station on to the 70's music and go to sleep. Much to my surpise, I would wake-UP crying and tears just streaming down my face and soaking my pillow. hmm Had no clue why I was crying at first unsure, but felt so cleansed and puriftied afterwards and not until I started listening to the music that was BE-ing played in the background while awakening from my sleep, did I start to think. wow what a great way to heal, while ONE-s asleep hmm I also play these musical tunes in my head while in conversion with others, like the word association with music, someone will say something on the lines of , " Boy that guy seems really confused and then something just goes off in my head and then I hear my reply BE-ing sung back to them. It goes something like this, " I've Been Dazed and Confused for so Long, It's not True " and then naming the band right afterwards, " Led Zepplin ". Anyone else ever have musical thoughts like these ??? I just seem to spit them right out, most times without even thinking much about it. Shocked

This also got me thinking about making a thread about this exact kind of topic, a thread that we could give & share some more examples of what I'm talking somewhat about here.

Gem, then you posted your music synchronicity here just after you got back from your Vac., this all come to mind. blu wink Thats what I meant by you getting me thinking and feeling again. Thanks Girl blu wink

I think I'll call it " Name that Musical Memory "

So off I go to start new thread big grin

Great

Thanks Gem big grin
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Solane, what an amazing idea! clap I too have musical thoughts, and I have had emotional releases related to songs I love as well. I'll write more in response when I go into your thread. idea

And talk about synchronicity with the Gary Holton/Heavy Metal Kids stuff... my status update that I posted on Facebook earlier today says it all...

Quote :
Ok... consider me freaked the fuck out... gut feeling telling me to google 'Bolan' and 'Holton' together... and I find out that Gary Holton was friends with Marc Bolan and that Gary was also cremated at Golders Green. Also, the Heavy Metal Kids played on the same bill as Saxon on 16 September... 1977, the day Marc died, and the show that night was dedicated to Marc. WTF!

And it all started because the Auf Wiedersehen Pet theme song has constantly been stuck in my head for years (even though I was a very little girl when my mum used to watch the TV show)!

It's crazy how things link up. Maybe my discovery of this is just another little nudge of support from the universe (as I am pretty much writing my entire MA thesis on the topic of Marc Bolan). I'm also starting to bubble with little ideas for an academic article I might write in the future, on the topic of Auf Wiedersehen Pet!

idea
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Gem your sooo Rockin ON !! !! rock on

I BE-lieve Sound & Vibration Well Heal Us ALL !! !! grouphug

Stay with your rhythm girlfriend bravo

Let your Crazy Gem SHINE mr green

Last edited by Solane Star on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Pearl Jam ~ Just Breathe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0mhrqfeFjQ&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-3-HM

Yes, I understand that every life must end, aw-huh,..
As we sit alone, I know someday we must go, aw-huh,..
Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
the ones I love,..

Some folks just have one,
yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh

Stay with me,..
Let's just breathe.

Practiced are my sins,
never gonna let me win, aw-huh,..
Under everything, just another human being, aw-huh,..
Yeh, I don't wanna hurt, there's so much in this world
to make me bleed.

Stay with me,..
You're all I see.

Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see,..
No one knows this more than me.
As I come clean.

I wonder everyday
as I look upon your face, aw-huh,..
Everything you gave
And nothing you would take, aw huh,..
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave...

Did I say that I need you?
Oh, did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see,..
No one knows this more than me.
As I come clean, ah-ah...

Nothing you would take,..
Everything you gave.
Hold me till I die,..
Meet you on the other side.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Bad to be Good --> Poison
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Eddie Vedder ~ Guaranteed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3SxCph5I1Q&feature=related blu wink

On bended knee is no way to be free
Lifting up an empty cup, I ask silently
All my destinations will accept the one that's me
So I can breathe...

Circles they grow and they swallow people whole
Half their lives they say goodnight to wives they'll never know
A mind full of questions, and a teacher in my soul
And so it goes...

Don't come closer or I'll have to go
Holding me like gravity are places that pull
If ever there was someone to keep me at home
It would be you...

Everyone I come across, in cages they bought
They think of me and my wandering, but I'm never what they thought
I've got my indignation, but I'm pure in all my thoughts
I'm alive...

Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere
Underneath my being is a road that disappeared
Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead
Overhead...

Leave it to me as I find a way to be
Consider me a satellite, forever orbiting
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me
Guaranteed
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:09 pm

hehe, thanks Solane... "let your crazy gem shine" = "shine on you crazy diamond". cheesygrin

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:12 pm

The video to this song is a bit of an eyeful to say the least... but I love the song. (Personally I like it better without the video!)

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:39 am

GemLover wrote:
hehe, thanks Solane... "let your crazy gem shine" = "shine on you crazy diamond". cheesygrin

Rocking!
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:35 am

Champion~ Perfect In Between
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QMrY3IotoI

Never heard of this band BE-fore, but this song, it sure wanted to BE posted and heard here. It comes on alot lately, on my TV satelite radio just in the last couple of months I started hearing them get air play. When they come on the radio, I have to go right away and turn it UP and my body starts wanting to go to the BE-at of their ryt- HUM !! !! This is my Fav. songs right NOW.

They haven't made it big yet, but give them time, they sound GREAT to me, very moving to me. blu wink

Any-ONE know or hear anything about these guys???? scratch
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:41 am

Well, I guess I am answering part of my own question. Look what I just found..... lol

Champion Releasing Second Album

07/20/09 2:31pm

by Bianca Marcus (CHARTattack)

After spending several months in self-imposed reclusion, DJ Champion has returned to civilization with a new album and a new attitude. He's been working on his resistance — literally.

The Montreal electro artist's sophomore record, titled Resistance, is due for release Sept. 15 through Saboteur Musique.

It's been four years since Champion (a.k.a. Maxime Morin) released his debut album, Chill 'Em All. The DJ resolved to take his sound in an entirely different direction for his second studio effort. He deleted an entire album after his winter 2008 tour because he felt it to be too similar to his previous work.

"I could have gone back to where I am from," he said. "I could have made obscure electro, even more experimental, but for me there was no challenge in doing so!"

The resulting album includes elements of rock, with lyrics written primarily by the artist.

You can hear "L6 (The Blooded)" and "Alive Again" on Champion's MySpace page.

Champion was a Montreal club DJ for over 10 years before he released Chill 'Em All. Beast singer Betty Bonifassi is a former member of his live band.

Here's the tracklisting to Resistance:

"Clear Beach"
"Resistance (Skool)"
"Perfect In Between"
"Plastiques Et Metaux"
"So Big"
"Backing Off"
"L6 (The Blooded)"
"My Black Saab"
"Sanois Beach"
"Alive Again"
"The Monster"
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:41 am

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel. Steve was one of Marc Bolan's best friends in the 1970s. He's 59 now and seems such a nice man. I love this song and he looks pretty sexy here as well. blu wink

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:08 pm

This was part 1 of my ant totem message today (posted in the animal totems thread). Love this song, I love all music that is fun and uplifting.

Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Another song I can't get enough of these days. It was originally a number 1 hit in NZ in 1984 (it was the biggest selling single of that year!) and it's having a resurgence now since it was included in the new movie 'Boy'. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED the movie and this video remix/re-release includes scenes from it. It's such a fantastic song to begin with, and the comedy scenes from the movie, especially the dance sequence, make it even better. The lyrics are about the movements of a poi (a round ball on the end of a string) in a traditional poi dance... it's a metaphor for how the movements of the poi are like a fantail in the forest, and the song was written to encourage young urban Maori to navigate their way through the urban jungle much like the fantail.

Enjoy this comedy update of the video! (The Michael Jackson references aren't random, either... they come from the movie... it's a clever way of showing the way that the character known as 'Boy', a Michael Jackson fan, thinks of his father - like a magical pop star)...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now listening to...   Now listening to... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Now listening to...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Warriors :: LW Community :: Random Ramblings-
Jump to: