Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Animal Totems

Go down 
+3
GemLover
Goth~Ink
Solane Star
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Solane Star

Animal Totems - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Hummingbird Medicine

Blessed are Hummingbirds and the people who carry their medicine, for they shall bring colour, light and joy to all as well as the understanding that one can be small yet mighty!

At this time in our lives, many people are seeking to reconnect with the old ways of Being in the world, in order that they may heal the feelings of dis-connection they feel within themselves, with their families and all of life. So many in todays world feel isolated and alone, unsure of where their Right Place in life is or if they even have a purpose for being here. Yet when we tune into the energy of Hummingbird, we soon find that all of us are here for a Divine Purpose and that purpose is to help bring about the Healing that the planet is in such need of at this time.

In The Ghost-shirt Religion, it is the Hummingbird who leads all the other dancers for it was believed that it is through Hummingbird that the First Nations could re-establish their Sacred way of life. Intuitively it must have been known and understood that it is through Joy that we manifest that which has the most value and meaning for us. Hummingbird also teaches us how to protect that which brings us Joy and helps us to feel happy. They are very territorial by nature and will take on other creatures many times their size in order to protect their nests and offspring. They show no fear as they dive and swoop down upon the "intruder", letting him/her know in no uncertain terms that they will not be tolerated if they show any disrepect! So too can Hummingbird people teach the rest of us how to protect and respect that which gives value and meaning to our own lives, and to "drive off" anything or anyone that chooses to try and invade our own Sacred Space. Many spiritually inclined people fail to realise that they do not need to be doormats for other people, that abuse in any form must not be tolerated. For if it is, then it only perpetuates more abuse because the abuser knows he/she can get away with it. Being violent or abusive back however is not the answer either, yet what is a positive option is to learn to be as Hummingbird; Stand your ground! Refuse to be bullied by others, no matter how much larger they may appear to be than you! Walk tall for you have the power of The entire of the Universe backing you up in everything you do if you will only have faith in this. If you need help with this, ask Hummingbird to please send Hummingbird people into your life to help you with this. You shall soon find that you are surrounded by these folks and often a Hummingbird or two as well. I have known several Hummingbird people who while not physically imposing, there was just something about them that other people never seemed to feel inclined to bother them much. So too can the rest of us learn how to protect and defend what is ours by Right in ways that are non-violent yet certainly does get the message across!

Hummingbirds come in a vast array of colours and each is absolutely exquisite. They are not known for being "flying gems" for nothing! So too do Hummingbird people tend to need a lot of colour in their lives, either through the clothing they wear or the colour choices they make for their homes. Colour is very healing and too often I feel its power is ignored which is really rather sad. Spirit in all its wisdom saw fit to create flowers and stones, the sky and earth, the sea and all of life in a vast array of colours. Not content with creating one red flower, Spirit created thousands. Not content with creating one shade of Green. Spirit created hundreds of Green hues and so it goes. This too is a message to all of us that Colour has always been meant to be a major part of our lives. Colour can uplift us, it can soothe us, it can bring us feelings of Joy and Abundance and it can bring us a sense of Hope that all is truly well and in the Loving hands of Spirit. Each time I see a Hummingbird myself I always take note of his/her colours for I know that those colours have a special healing quality that I need at that time. The colour may make me think immediately of one of my chakras and always I can see the co-relation between that chakra and the primary colour of the Hummingbird. Or it may be that I am working on manifesting something and working with that colour will help me to manifest it more quickly and for the Good of All. I have also found that often the colour relates to my mental/emotional state at the time. How many times have all of us heard people say things such as "He was pea-green with envy" or "I am feeling a bit blue today". The colours of the Hummingbird always make me ask myself, what has my primary thought/emotion been recently? has it been positive and uplifting or have I been feeling like a regular old fuss budget? It can be all too easy to simply walk round day after day not really paying attention to what is going on within our own minds. Hummingbird then takes the opportunity to come along and shout "wake up! Look at the Beauty and Joy that is in the world, stop focusing on what ever it is you think is wrong! Unless of course you really want to attract more of the same in which case, I think I shall fly off over here and find someone else who can appreciate the splendour of my Being and the Joy I am seeking to bestow as a gift from the Divine. If you don't want it, someone else will be happy to receive it!" Be aware that Hummingbird people can be very much this way as well. "What do you mean you don't want to come play with me and just enjoy life for a while? Well, okay, but I have to go now. When you are ready to have some fun though, I shall be back round!" This doesn't mean we have to walk round with idiot happy smiles on our faces all the time or try to ignore the pain or anger we may be feeling inside. Yet we do have to at least be willing to try to be willing to allow it to shift and move our vibrations up a little higher. Doesn't have to be alot, baby steps here folks. Hummingbird is trying to get the message across to you that things are not as bad as they may seem. And just maybe if you shift your way of looking at things for a moment, you may very well see that there is a great gift being given to you and you only need to reach out and accept it.

Hummingbirds are tireless in their pursuit of Joy in life. They are always seeking the sweetest nectar and Heaven and all the Angels help anyone who gets in the way of Hummingbird when he/she is on their mission! I have been nearly mowed down by a Hummingbird who was trying to get to a plant that I happened to be standing in front of when Hummingbird spied it. There I was, minding my own business when Hummingbird was suddenly headed straight for me! Needless to say I dived out of the way and was rewarded by the glorious sight of one of nature's most beautiful birds, up close and personal. I could feel the Joy coming off hummingbird as it flitted from one blossom to the next, as though I could hear it saying "Oh this one is lovely, but oh, look at that one over there, and ah, this one is exquisite as well!" Just as quickly it was then gone again but it left me feeling euphoric for the remainder of the day. Hummingbird people are like this as well and to others they may appear to be rather "flighty", not something that most humans value. Yet there is an important reason for this, for like their Totem, Hummingbird people are busily pollinating one flower after another so to speak. They are busy spreading the Love and Joy that Spirit wants us all to experience in every moment and that cannot happen unless they Flowers of Life are pollinated so that they may produce the seeds that will eventually manifest as All Good for All. Bless and say a mental "Thank you" to Hummingbirds and Hummingbird people everywhere for they have a very important job to do and they do it so very well and with such Love!
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Because Hummingbird is so tireless in their pursuit of Joy and all that is Good, it behooves us to follow Hummingbird's example. Too often many humans seem to be in greater pursuit of misery than Joy. And Hummingbird would really like to know why! Why is it so many of us do find it easier to focus on all that is wrong and then say we can do nothing about it, instead of focusing on what is right and then asking how we can help that Good to grow. For we can change anything we pur our hearts and minds to! Yes it make take time, sometimes a very long time. Yes it may seem like very hard work with no guarantee of success. Yes it may seem we are trying to move a mountain with a puny shovel we got at the beach one summer afternoon. Yet if we listen to Hummingbird, we will remember that we too came in with all the tools and power and abilities as that which so lovingly created us. All we have to do is set forth an intention and then begin to act as though that intention has already manifested. Think of How some Hummingbirds will travel more than 2,000 miles during their migrations. Stop and think about this, you are a very small bird, very fragile looking and yet somehow, you know the moment has come and without a second thought, there you go, winging your way towards a destination that may seem so very far from where you are right now. You are flying by instinct, no maps to outline the way or even to show you where shelter may be found if you get in to trouble somewhere along the line. No one promising you at the start of your journey that you are going to even succeed. And to top it all off, you are flying non-stop without eating. How on earth do they do it? Science still hasn't a clue how any creature so tiny and in need of food almost constantly the rest of the time can pull off such a feat. Yet they do it, year after year, generation after generation. And perhaps this is the key, they just do it! They don't all huddle together and say "hey Martha, do you think we ought to give this migration thing a go again this year? Maybe we should just hang out here instead, turn on the telly, kick back and relax. After all, who knows what might be waiting when we arrive, could be something big and scary!" Of course they don't, they just get on ith it. They know if they stay they will surely perish and even though no one is standing there telling them that everything will be fine, they also trust in their ability to do what seems to the rest of us to be impossible. For I think they do know what is waiing on the other end and it is Life with a capital L! yet how many of us humans allow fear to hold us back, thinking "well, it can be awfully cosy where I am at and no, I may not be very happy, but hey, at least its a known thing. Maybe I will start tommorow, yeah, that's it! I will start the journey tommorow!" Only tomorrow arrives and still finds us saying "well, maybe tomorrow" and then once again, "maybe tommorow", and yet again, "maybe tommorow.........." You see, when we take this attitude tomorrow never comes. It can't because we won't allow it too. This is when Hummingbird wants to slap us with its dainty wings up alongside our heads and say "See that Bull over there? I want you to go into that field where he is and take him by the horns. Now just do it!" All the while we stand and quiver in our boots. But then if we are lucky we may be fortunate enough to have a Hummingbird person come along and say to us "Here, I shall show you how its done! Just watch and you shall see how easy it really is." Spirit Bless them, they do make it so much easier and we soon find ourselves flying alongside them! For what lies in wait for us if we stay where we are is stagnation and death. It is only when we take flight that we find the Life that is waiting for us.

Hummingbirds can fly in any direction they choose. Up and down, backwards and forwards, they truly do move with the flow of Life. Thus they can teach us how we too can learn to "go with the flow" and change course when that is what we really need to do. Sometimes in order to get what we really want in life we need to be willing to change course, to ponder whether what we think we want is what we really want or is there something even better that we need to be willing to allow into our lives instead. Even when challenging times hit and we think "alles verloren" (everything is lost), Hummingbird can show us what we stand to gain if we pick ourselves up and see things through. For me personally, sometimes the most difficult times in my life proved to be a springboard to something much better. I too can be a stubborn human who sometimes (okay, many times!) forgets that in order for something better to enter my life, I need to allow something else to leave. And how often have I fought against allowing the old to go, even though I do know that something better always awaits! It truly is part of being human and yet this is one of the reasons that Spirit in all its wisdom created so many different animals, plants, birds, insects, stones, because He/She knew that we would need all of these companions to helps us remember who and what we truly are. Always there are teachings present, always are there messages coming our way showing us how we can best live our lives and achieve all that we came here to do. We were never meant to suffer but we can choose suffering for we have free will. Spirit will never stand in our way but will always allow us to choose and choose again. Yet our Teachers and Guides are always with us and this includes sweet Hummingbird, to remind us that it is our choice how we want to Be, how we wish to live our lives. And if our choices are bringing us misery and pain instead of Joy and Happiness, then we can learn how to make better choices for ourselves. All it really takes is a willingness to change course, change direction. The signposts are there if we want to see them and if we need help, we only need call upon Hummingbird to help us know what direction to move in next.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Hummingbird also symbolises Love for it is through the acceptance of Love into our lives and the expression of that Love that we do indeed find our greatest Joy. Many of us have been taught since childhood that it is the things outside of ourselves that will bring Joy into our lives but so often people find this is not true. I have known many people who in their pursuit of money and possessions have forgotten that the most valuable thing any of us can claim is Love, both for ourselves and for others. Love heals all wounds, it soothes all Souls, it makes us feel grateful that we our alive and actually attracts greater Abundance and Prosperity than any other means. When we put the attainment of things above Love in our lives, we soon find that truly we are very poor indeed. Love both gives and receives in equal measure for it knows that Divine Balance is the best way to live. Hummingbird does not only show itself to the "worthy" or those with "the most toys" but to anyone who is in need of its Beauty and Joyful presence in their lives. It gives of itself freely and in return is completely supported by The Universe for that is Universal Law. Hummingbird can teach us that when we seek to spread more Beauty, Joy and Love in the world, then we are then more than abundantly rewarded by life for doing so. Things that we desire flow to us much more easily and gracefully, we don't have to go searching for them for they simply magically appear. When we approach a problem or challenge with Love, it dissolves in the face of the Higher Love vibration for this too is Universal Law. Anything we seek to Be, Have or Do, if we send Love forth first, it always insures that our Vibration is in alignment with experiencing the very best hat life has to offer. Our creativity flows when Love is present. Our relationships on all levels become more Joyful and Abundant when Love is present. Money Energy flows into our lives in greater and greater Abundance when Love is present. Money and possesions are not bad or wrong, but they are also not the be all and end all of anyone's life either. True security and safety come living our lives in ways that are Joyful and Loving. This alone will always insure that we have "more than enough". For things of the outer world can be gone in a flash. But what we build within is ours to keep forever for nothing can take that away from us! And if we want or need more of something, then we need to be willing to give that to others first. For by doing this we soon attract unto ourselves that which we have given and multiplied at that! Think of how Hummingbird flies about, bringing Love, Joy and Beauty to others wherever it goes and how people respond. I know so many people who have put up Hummingbird feeders and created gardens filled with plants that Hummers especially love. Everywhere Hummingbird goes, he/she is welcomed and loved by so many!

Hummingbird is waiting and hoping that you too will welcome its Love and Joy into your own life. Perhaps there is a Hummingbird person would like to get to know you better and if so, you are a very blessed and lucky person indeed! There is so much you can learn from Hummingbird and perhaps the greatest teaching and gift of all is when you realise that in the eyes of Spirit, you are every bit as beautiful and precious as these lovely flying gems!

Some things to watch for when Hummingbird appears:

Have you been focusing on all that is good and beautiful in your life or has your focus been slanted in the opposite direction? Hummingbird is here to remind you that what we focus on is what we shall attract more of. So pay attention to what is going on within you! When we choose to seek Beauty and Joy, we shall find that it truly is totally Abundant and ever present in our lives.

Now is the time to focus on what would truly make you happy in life, even if it is something you feel frightened or nervous of pursuing. The pay-off will be so much more than you can imagine right now! For part of what you will discover is just how capable and strong you truly are and that nothing is beyond your capabilities if it is something you truly want. When we face down our fears something magical happens; they lose their power over us and we are truly free to live our lives in any way that we choose!

Its more than likely that you either need much more colour in your life, through your dress or home furnishings, or you need to take a closer look at the colours you feel especially drawn to. Working with Colour is such a wonderful way to help heal yourself and others, as well as helping you attract more of what you desire into your own life. There is so much to colour that it would be impossible for me to cover it all here, but if you are truly interested in understanding how to work more with colour in your own life, Hummingbird will show you the way!

Perhaps you need to change direction in your life right now. Have you been pursuing things that are just not coming together or feeling that you have to pursue something even though it won't make you happy, but you think it would make someone else happy? If so, Hummingbird is telling you STOP! Take a deep breath and just allow yourself to hover in the air so to speak. Its okay, you won't lose anything of value, instead you will gain so much more! For when you allow yourself to stop what you are doing that does not bring you Joy and then turn to pursue what does, yo are not only bringing more Light and Love into the world but you are also teaching others that it is okay for them to pursue their own Joy as well. And isn't that what we really want for one another? Well, when we come from a space that is truly Loving, then that is exactly what we want!

Hummingbird may be telling you that you need to stand your ground and protect your own Sacred Space. Sometimes the only way other people will learn how to be respectful and right by others is by us saying to them that we will not tolerate their nonsense. It takes two to play any game and we all get to choose what games we wish to participate in. If the game isn't a fun one for you, walk away. There are many people in this world who are fun and joyful to be around, who are loving and kind, respectful of others. These folks will support you in being the best person you can be, not tear you down. But as Hummingbird says, we also need to take responsibility for who and what is in our lives. For it all comes from within us, every bit of it! So go out there and seek your Joy, connect with thos folks who will Love and Value you for the truly wonderful person that you are and see how your life blossoms as a result!

By Morning Star

big grin blu wink cheers
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:14 pm

I also had a baby Bat come and visit me tonite, it was flying back and forth, underneath the Light post, BE-side our driveway.

Bat Totem

Awakening To New Horizons

From Phylameana lila Desy, About.com

Clairaudience Meanings and Messages: time of change or transformation, clairaudience, facing ones fears, death/rebirth, heightened intuition

Bat

The bat totem can trigger change or transformation. Its visit can be a warning that change will soon occur and not to be afraid. Sometimes the bat is a symbol for facing ones fears. It can also indicate a time of an awakening because the bat, a nocturnal mammal, awakens in the dark. Its presence can illuminate dark shadows. Bat totem can also be a sign of opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Animal Symbolism
of the Bat

The animal symbolism of the bat speaks of:

Illusion
Rebirth
Dreams
Intuition
Initiation
Journeying
Inner Depth
Communication

Let's face it, the bat isn't the most popular of animal totems. In fact, it's largely misunderstood and so therefore many of its symbolic meanings are inappropriately fear-based.

However, the very savvy Native Americans approached the realm of animals from a position of honor - knowing that all things are connected. They understood that seeing the bat with fear in the heart would be the same as being terrified of their own children. Ridiculous.

The Native American animal symbolism of the bat comes from a keen observation of this magnificent animal. These people recognized that the bat was highly sensitive to their surroundings and so therefore was considered a symbol of intuition, dreaming and vision. This made the bat a powerful symbol for Native American shamans and medicine people. Often the spirit of the bat would be invoked when special energy was needed, like "night-sight" which is the ability to see through illusion or ambiguity and dive straight to the truth of matters.

The bat is a symbol of rebirth and depth because it is a creature that lives in the belly of the Mother (Earth). From the womb-like caves it emerges every evening at dusk. And so - from the womb it is reborn every evening.

It is a symbol of communication because the Native Americans observed the bat to be a highly social creature. Indeed, the bat has strong family ties. They are very nurturing, exhibiting verbal communication, touching, and sensitivity to members of their group.

If you have the bat as your totem you are extremely aware of your surroundings. Sometimes you can be overly sensitive to the feelings of others. Additionally, you are quite perceptive on a psychic level, and are prone to have prophetic dreams.

If you work with the bat as your totem, you will be put to the test, because it is demands only 100% commitment to spiritual growth. The bat will never accept half-hearted or lukewarm attempts at self-improvement. Indeed, if the bat senses that you are slacking in your psychic/spiritual training it will likely move on to someone else who is more willing to learn the lessons the bat has to offer.

As with most of our hardest challenges, working with the demanding bat will reap some of the most profound rewards you could ever dream of. But be warned, the bat asks a lot of us, like:

Dying to our ego
Loving our enemies as ourselves
Going within to touch our inner demons
Exploring the underworlds of reality (which can be scary)
Renewing our thoughts and beliefs on a moment-to-moment basis

All of these tasks can be harrowing experiences. This is why the Native American symbolism of the bat deals with initiation; because this creature takes us to outlandish extremes. But rest assured, the bat is never leaves our side while we are journeying.

Furthermore, once we are tested to satisfaction, the devotion of the bat will never fade. It will eternally support us on our spiritual path - ever faithful and forever loving us on our journey to maintain our highest potential.

I hope you've enjoyed this page on the animal symbolism of the bat.

By A. Venefica
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:33 pm

Animal Totems - Page 6 Funny-pictures-bat-transformation-almost-complete
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Animal Totems - Page 6 Bat
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:38 am

mr green cheesygrin WELL it looks like I AM on my way to more " HAPPY SNAIL TRAILS " today !! !! no way I didn't know that I was leaving a trail BE-hind for others. Shocked NICE !! !!

“Do not go
where the path
may lead:
go instead
where there is no path
and leave a trail.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:41 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Snail_10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:43 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Snail_11
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:45 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Snail_12
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Snail_13
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:49 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Snail_14 blu wink
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:52 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Snail_15
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Snail_16
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:56 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Snail_17
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:59 am

WELL, WELL, That was a short trip around the LEAF !! !!Animal Totems - Page 6 Snail_18 mr green cheesygrin
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:29 am

The word "medicine" does not necessarily solely imply healing as it does to Western man. In Native American cultures, "medicine" refers to anything that stimulates one's link to the Great Spirit and to the entire web of life. The philosophy of honoring the interconnectedness of all things imparts considerable personal power, healing and knowledge. By understanding the basic essence of our fellow creature brother and sisters, we can tap into the significant lessons they offer. These relationships can be a fertile resource of growth and empowerment. Aligning ourselves with totems will magnify our enthusiasm and creative energies. Totems, derived from an Algonquian word meaning "my kin", are species which have shown up in our lives in one form or another. Awareness of their possible messages can and will enhance our self awareness and strengthen our bonds to nature and to the metaphysical.

Written By Sandy Sandy
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:34 am

"If you talk to the animals they will talk to you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them,you will not know them. And what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys."

~ Chief Dan George
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:38 am

Animal Energy

The Law Of Attraction

"If you know that all is well, you know all you need to know. And if you know life is supposed to be fun, you know more than almost anybody else knows. And if you know that the way you feel is your indicator of how connected you are to Source, then you know that which only a handful of Deliberate Creators, respective to the total population, really know. The beasts all know it. Your animals know that all is well. Your animals live in the moment. They understand the power of their now. They expect the Universe to yield to them. They don't worry or fret or conjure or make laws or rules or try to regulate. They are Pure Positive Energy. Your beasts vibrate more on the Energy scale of contentment than of passion. Their desire was set forth from Nonphysical, and continues to be set forth by those, like you, who want Energy balance, who want sustenance. The difference between the beast and the human is that the beast is more general in its intent. The human is usually less blended, usually less allowing of the Energy to flow, but is more specific. And that is why the human is seen to be the Creator while the beast is more the balancer of Energy." ~unknown / Source: Abraham-Hicks
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Donkeys are showing up for me now. Amazing...

"The characteristics of donkey are noted in those with this totem, spiritual dedication, undying faith in the creative force and a willingness to take on the responsibilities and burdens of others. Helping others is a wonderful trait although taking on more than one can comfortably carry can lead to physical and emotional problems. Learning how to say no and being responsible for ones own well being is a life lesson.

Donkeys are not fond of change and often appear stubborn. If they deem something as dangerous, they simply won't do it. Its not because they are stubborn its because they respect their own intuitive senses. They are smart enough to know when they can or cant handle something and teach us how to honor and abide by our own personal knowing.

The donkey evolved in the desert. The rugged terrain in which they lived taught them how to move with caution.. When frightened the donkey would simply freeze or run a little way out of danger then stop and look at what startled them. They learned how to navigate their way out of difficult situations and as a result developed cunning and crafty survival skills. When donkey appears in our life it asks us to stop and look at what is challenging us and find a way to move forward safely.

The ears of the donkey are big and funnel like and can detect sounds from a far distance. Donkeys understand the messages each sound carries and teach us how to listen and awaken our clairaudient skills. This amazing animal is a master teacher. When it appears in your life it is asking you to awaken, develop or apply your own inherent gifts in one or more areas of your life."

http://healing.about.com/od/animaltotems/ig/Animal-Totems-Photo-Gallery/Donkey.htm

"Donkeys are domesticated animals trained to carry people and other things. They are known as "beasts of burden." Donkey as a totem represents service, work, and fortitude. They help to carry our burdens. When a donkey, ass, or burro shows up as a totem you have a trusty companion to help lift your burdened spirit. Donkey reminds us that we do not have to shoulder our responsibilities alone. Help is available. It may be a time to delegate your work load. A helping hand is available to you."

Animal Totems - Page 6 Gtotem_donkey

Amazing because this really relates to things that are going on for me at the moment!
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:35 pm

Also I had a really intense dream about a growling black panther.

http://www.night-thunder.com/panther.html

" The panther is a very powerful and ancient totem. It is generally associated with a particular species of leopard or jaguar although the cougar is also referred to as panther. As with most of the large cats, the panther is a symbol of ferocity and valor. It embodies aggressiveness and power, though without the solar significance. In the case of the Black Panther, there is definitely a lunar significance. The panther has over 500 voluntary muscles that they are capable of using at will. This reflects a great deal about an individual who has such animals as a totem. It reflects an ability to do a variety of tasks as he or she wills. It is simply a matter of deciding and putting to use those particular "muscles," be they physical, mental, psychic, or spiritual. As a whole panthers are loners (solitary) although they do associate with others, they are most comfortable by themselves or within their own marked territory. They are drawn to those individuals who are likewise often solitary.

Panther is secretive, silent, and graceful in her every move. She is solitary by choice, she tells little though listens much. She is careful not to share too much information, only enough to ease curious minds.

Of all the panthers, probably the Black Panther has the greatest mysticism associated with it. It is the symbol of the feminine, the dark mother, the dark of the moon. It is the symbol for the life and power of the night. It is a symbol of the feminine energies manifest upon the earth. It is often a symbol of darkness, death, and rebirth from out of it. There still exists in humanity a primitive fear of the dark and of death. The Black Panther helps you to understand the dark and death and the inherent powers of them; and thus by acknowledging them, eliminate your fears and learn to use the powers.

In China there were five mythic cats, sometimes painted like tigers or leopards. The black reigns in the north with winter as its season of power, and water its most effective element. This is the element of the feminine. This is the totem of greater assertion of feminine in all her aspects: child, virgin, seductress, mother, warrioress, seeress, and the old wise woman.

When the Black Panther enters your life as a totem, it awakens the inner passions. This is capable of manifesting in unbridled expressions of baser powers and instincts. It is also capable reflecting an awakening of the kundalini, signaling a time of not just coming into one's own power. More so, the keynote of the Black Panther is Reclaiming One's True Power. In mythology and scripture, the panther has been a symbol of the "Argos of a Thousand Eyes," who guarded the heifer IO who was loved by Zeus. After his death, the eyes were transferred to the feathers of the peacock. The panther always brings guardian energy to those to whom it comes.

The panther often signals a time of rebirth after a period of suffering and death on some level. This implies that an old issue may finally begin to be resolved, or even that old longstanding wounds will finally begin to heal, and with the healing will come a reclaiming of power that was lost at the time of wounding. Also, the Black Panther is very mystical, she finds the most power in darkness. Black Panther understands death and teaches people not to fear it, for out of death comes rebirth.

To the Native peoples of North and South America, the jaguar especially in the form of the Black Panther, was endowed with great magic and power. The jaguar panther climbs, runs, and swims, even superiour to that of the tiger. For the reason that it is capable of functioning so well in so many areas, it became the symbol of mastery over all dimensions. To the Tucano Indians of the Amazon, the roar of the jaguar was the roar of thunder. Thus the Black Panther was the god of darkness and was capable of causing eclipses by swallowing the sun. This reflects the tremendous power inherent within the feminine forces. To those with the panther as a totem, this power will increasingly be experienced. The Arawak Indians say that everything has jaguar. Nothing exists without it. It is the tie to all life and all manifestations of life (thus ties to the eternal feminine within all life). To them, becoming the man-jaguar was the ultimate shapeshifting ritual. The Olmecs created monuments to the jaguar, and the Aztecs and Mayans spoke and taught about the power in becoming half-human and half-jaguar. One who is capable of becoming a jaguar is shorn of all cultural restrictions. The alter ego is free to act out desires, fears, and aspirations. The Indian shamans would perform rituals to borrow jaguar power. One who was capable of doing such was capable of doing great benefit or great ill.

Nietzsche once said, "that which does not kill us makes us stronger." It is this same idea that is awakened in the lives of those who open to the power of the panther totem. The panther marks a new turn in the heroic path of those to whom it comes. It truly reflects more than just coming into one's own power. Rather it reflects a reclaiming of that which was lost and an intimate connection with the great archetypal force behind it. It gives an ability to go beyond what has been imagined, with opportunity to do so with discipline and control. It is the spirit of imminent rebirth."

Panther people have a broader vision. Panther medicine gives them a deeper insight, both spiritually and psychically. Their enhanced perspective lets them see things in close detail or from a distance. Panthers enter the world enlightened whereas others have to work to achieve that. "

This is amazing also.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:18 am

It's DragonFlies & Nymphs everywhere I live, never seen so many different colors BE-fore, never black & white ONE either!! !!Animal Totems - Page 6 Black_10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:25 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Dragon10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:28 am

Animal Totems - Page 6 Dragon11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Totems
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next