Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Animal Totems

Go down 
+3
GemLover
Goth~Ink
Solane Star
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Solane Star

Animal Totems - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Goth,

Look what I was guided to today, our friend the " ANT " !! !! blu wink

Ant. An industrious hardworking creature that works in perfect harmony within its community. To the tribes of West Africa, ants are seen as messengers of the gods. The Shamans of Morocco believe that to dream of ants is to envision the coming of prosperity.

In the cosmology of the Hopi. tribe, the first humans were originally created as ants. Interestingly, the Nautoway tribe have a fable of an old man and woman who watched an anthill until they saw the insects change into white men and the seeds, which they carried in their mouths, into bales of merchandise.

The book of Proverbs advises the sluggard to go to the ant, "consider her ways and be wise." [6:6]

The ancient Greeks, who worshipped Ceres, goddess of fields and fruits, viewed ants as sacred, for they, too, industriously carried grains and seeds to their underground storage bins. And because they traveled freely both on and below the earth, ants were also used in the art of soothsaying. Their very movements were carefully considered as omens of guidance.

Moslems honored the ant as the earthly mentor of the great King Solomon, thereby acclaiming the insect as an embodiment of wisdom.

If you have chosen the ant as your totem animal or if the ant came to you in a dream or a vision quest, know that the ant may represent perseverance, industry, strength, and the very essence of the cooperative spirit. The ant may have presented itself to you as a spirit helper because you have been too aloof from social concerns. Or you have felt powerless as an individual to make a difference. Although very small, the ant is disproportionately strong as an individual, yet chooses to work as a unit in a larger community. The ant may sometimes symbolize a desire to achieve oneness and wholeness with the web of life on the Earth Mother, and your spirit ally will help you to understand clearly your important role in the plan of the Great Mystery.

cheers

By Aumakua Animal Spirit Totems
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 pm

This part got my attention the most though, now I know with details, why I Am BE-ing sooo drawn in by the Ant and it's message. scratch cool idea
Solane Star wrote:
If you have chosen the ant as your totem animal or if the ant came to you in a dream or a vision quest, know that the ant may represent perseverance, industry, strength, and the very essence of the cooperative spirit. The ant may have presented itself to you as a spirit helper because you have been too aloof from social concerns. Or you have felt powerless as an individual to make a difference. Although very small, the ant is disproportionately strong as an individual, yet chooses to work as a unit in a larger community. The ant may sometimes symbolize a desire to achieve oneness and wholeness with the web of life on the Earth Mother, and your spirit ally will help you to understand clearly your important role in the plan of the Great Mystery.

Come on the " ANT " has BE-en running ALL over my desk and across my key broads while typing for over a week NOW !! !! scratch no way lol

Thats sooo unfolding here at Light Warriors,

Quote from above:

The ant may have presented itself to you as a spirit helper because you have been too aloof from social concerns. Or you have felt powerless as an individual to make a difference. Although very small, the ant is disproportionately strong as an individual, yet chooses to work as a unit in a larger community.
clap

Not to Large though cheesygrin lol !! !!
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:35 pm

The Robin Redbreast was one bird that I really was trying to avoid, as in not giving it much mind, don't pay much attention too them, theirs so frigging many of them around here. Thought of them as boring and kind of bland for a number of reasons, so I really needed to pull out the books and read about them, to see why they had just build their nest UP in the tree right BE-side my front porch, where I spent alot of my time as the weather BE-comes so much warmer and everything BE-gins to grow a new fresh start. Guess this bird carries a very important message for me, I NOW see.

Animal Totems - Page 3 012e10

The Robin Redbreast

The robin redbreast is a bird of Spring, a time of new growth and new beginnings. It flies into our lives on the winds of change asking us to weed our personal gardens and plant new seeds for our future. Rebirth and renewal require changes in all areas of life that have become stagnant and outdated. The robin redbreast teaches us how to make these changes with joy in our hearts. Its song is a happy one reminding us to let go of our personal drama and learn to laugh with life. If this medicine is underdeveloped those with this totem are continually challenged by the prospects of change. Difficulties arise and emotional discord can surface. Learning how to release our attachments to the old is one of the life lessons the redbreast helps us master.

This bird packs a powerful punch. It holds strong significance in ancient myth and lore. One legend had its origins in European mythology, in which the bird of Spring was associated with the New Year and represented divine sacrifice and the rebirth of the spirit.

In Medieval Europe the robin redbreast was often depicted attending the Christ child, an emblem of the Passion to come. It was told how, at that fateful hour, it was the tiny robin who flew to Jesus' Crown of Thorns, striving valiantly to pluck the spines away with his beak. Unfortunately the bird succeeded only in tearing his own breast on the thorns. Ever since then it was thought that all robins wore red feathers on their bosoms as a badge of honor. The robin redbreast is a bird of divine service. Those with this totem often have past life ties to the Christ energy. They make excellent priests and missionaries.

The red coloring of the robins chest is linked to the kundalini in man. This life force lives coiled up within the base of the spine. When sufficient spiritual growth has been attained it uncoils, rising up the spine to create heightened awareness. This process enhances psychic vision which leads us into enlightenment. Those with this medicine are dedicated spiritual seekers. Growth can be slow and arduous. With patience, compassion and proper focus spiritual ideals are achieved.

Robins lay powder blue eggs. This is the color associated with the throat chakra in man. It is also linked to heavenly inspiration. Because the throat chakra's main function is to express the will of God and the egg is symbolic of new life, this helpful little totem teaches us how to assert the creative will of God in all we do. It leads us into new beginnings without fear by restoring faith within our hearts.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:52 pm

I've been becoming aware of foxes for the past little while (sometimes in the funniest ways, too - like Basil Brush... "Boom boom!"). Just looked it up and yep it's very relevant to me.

Animal Totems - Page 3 RedFox

http://sooticasdream.blogspot.com/2009/04/fox-totem.html
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:11 pm

Basil Brush was one of my favourite shows when I was a kid! cheesygrin Wow, Solane you seem to be inundated with animals. I have to say I relate to the ant very much as one thing I have been working on at home is trying to get my three little sidekicks to work together with me as a team so I am not the only one doing all the work. Then there is the obvious thing with the forum and working with you guys to share in a community of friendship and resources. Yes, these ants are very prolific little message deliverers, aren't they? tongue

It is such an interesting journey we take when we connect with animals. Lately I have felt a big connection with my current cat and the late one who passed in March. I think I have been getting messages from the old cat about the purpose of the new cat entering my life. The timing had always been so perfect - two weeks before the older one passed. The new cat is exactly the same colour as the one who died, but they have different personalities. I felt at the time, my old cat had brought this little guy into my life to buffer his passing and give me another soul to love in his place. The kitten was abandoned in a drain and my mother caught it and brought it to me to adopt. How could I say no? He began as a scared feral little wildebeest and now he is the most loving loyal affectionate companion. I feel like this was the job my old cat wanted me to do...to share the love we had with the newcomer and give him a wonderful lifetime just like the one who passed had. Being a taurus you know all about the attachment and loyalty we have, Solane. Well, this little guy is well and truly part of my life and I feel like he is one of my family. I couldn't let him go now if I tried.
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:35 am

That's a lovely story about your cats, Goth. big grin

The original Basil Brush was fab wasn't he! haha, I in fact recently found out that MB made a guest appearance on the BB show (I googled it because I felt that there would be a connection)... now that is something I would love to see! I can't say I've seen any foxes appearing in my backyard or anything, as foxes don't live in NZ - but there have been little things like BB popping into my head, the BB/MB connection, the MB song 'Foxy Boy' was stuck in my head for ages (although I took a different meaning from it at the time), I was looking at pomeranian puppies which I think are so adorable and then I realised they remind me of foxes, and at an engagement party I ended up with a cartoon fox sticker on my glass because Mr Gem's mother decided I should have it "because you're foxy". lol! cheesygrin So it's all been these humorous little things, although less humorous was that I felt upset about the British fox hunting when there was something mentioned on TV about it... all of it is enough to make me finally join the dots. Oh, and I have just installed Firefox as my default web browser! lol

Some of the things I found especially relevant:

FOX

Stealthy messenger of the gods,
Cunning and wise, reliable friend,
Guide my steps through this maze of deception
And see this problem to its end.

Magic, Shapeshifting, Invisibility

Fox are seen as totems throughout the world:
the Chinese believed they could take human form,
in Egypt the fox brought favor from the gods,
there was a fox god in Peru,
foxes help the dead get to the next life in Persia,
Cherokees, Hopi other American Indian tribes
believed in its healing power;
the Apache credited the fox with giving man fire.

Since the fox lives "between times" --
on the edge of land, visible as dusk and dawn, and can guide the way to the Faerie Realm.

A fox can teach you to control your aura so that you can be more in harmony
with others and the world.

If you have a fox totem, learning to be invisible is very important in your life.
Imagine yourself blending in with your surroundings, becoming part of the background.
Be very still and quiet.
Through practice you can be unnoticed even at a party or in a crowd.

I have an acquaintance who used this power to evade several muggers;
he stood there in plain sight next to a building ,
and blended himself into the wall;
they did not see him and left without harming him. It can be done!

A fox totem also teaches good eating habits;
the fox eats small amounts frequently which medicine is now telling us is better for our health.
But fox people already knew this.

The fox is a wonderful totem to have
(http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/fox.htm )

I have been thinking that I need to be more in touch with my aura and learn how to control it... and I often attempt making myself 'invisible' to negative attention if I have to be in a less desirable part of town.

Also:

If Fox has chosen to share its medicine with you, it is a sign that you are to become like the wind, which is unseen yet is about to weave into and through any location or situation. You would be wise to observe the acts of others rather than their words at this time. Use your cunning nature in a positive way; keep silent about who and what and why you are observing.

Its keen eyesight also has the ability to see movement and objects on the very edges of the field of vision. Those with active fox medicine can often see Spirit, and the beings "between worlds". If this is an ability that you'd like to develop, practice at twilight and call upon fox energy to help you. With fox's super-sensitive hearing, you may also be able to hear Spirit.

It's tail is considered to be one of the most sacred parts of the fox. While the actual body of the fox is very small, the mass of hair that protects it gives the impression of greater bulk. Hair and fur are ancient symbols for energy and fertility. Fox has two kinds of fur, it's short dense undercoat and it's long stiffer guard hairs lying above. For one with fox as a totem, hair is very important. If a change is needed on certain levels, changing the hair to reflect this desire helps to activate fox medicine and it's magic of shape shifting. The changeability of the colors reflects change of the expression of the inner force. A study of colors and their symbology would also be very insightful. In general, the Red Fox is associated with sexual energy, the kundalini, and the freeing of the creative life force.

The ears and tail of the fox have messages for you. The ears help the animal to keep cool in the summer as they expel body heat through the ears. If you're too warm, pull your hair away from your ears; if you're cold, let your hair cover your ears. The tail acts as a portable blanket to keep the nose and feet warm. Do you sleep in socks? Do you always want something on your feet? The tail also says that you have the ability to protect yourself from unpleasant and uncomfortable situations and relationships, and can stay cozy and warm with your own inner strength.

The fox also has a highly developed sense of smell, and you may be very aware of smells, odors, and their subtle differences. And aroma therapy would be a beneficial study for anyone with fox medicine. You are also alert to unpleasant situations and/or danger because something just "doesn't smell right". The study of aromatherapy may be just the thing for you.

Sexually the sense of smell is one of their strongest stimulants which has a big impact on the intensity of arousal for people with fox medicine. Sexual energy is part of the kundalini energy force within our bodies and is our most creative energy. An individual to whom fox comes has a great capacity for sexual expression.

With Fox medicine you know instantly what will happen next. After observing for a while, you will become aware of a certain predictability in given situations and be able to quickly make your move. Fox medicine teaches the art of Oneness through its understanding of camouflage.

Much like the clowns in the rodeo, Fox can keep the raging bull from stampeding a friend or family member. Fox can use silly tactics as a brilliant comouflage move. No one could guess the sly power behind such ingenious maneuvers.

How this is relevant: there is someone I do need to keep an eye on, but for the sake of peace and to continue building/having a good relationship with Mr Gem, I need to keep silent about it and simply observe. And be cunning and wiley in my dealings with the person.
Fox energy can also help me with seeing and hearing spirit when I feel ready. I have had a few clairaudient experiences in the past year or so, and I do "see" things like sparkles and lights from time to time, but I'm not totally sure whether I have actually seen someone in spirit. I might have several years ago but it was so quick it could have been a mind trick. Anyway I think that if it is what I want, fox can help me out.

"For one with fox as a totem, hair is very important." Uh huh. lol lol lol It's my crowning glory. I am also very aware of how it keeps me warm, and this is a big reason why I hardly ever pull it back into a ponytail or anything. As much as I like the look of different styles, I almost always keep it down and covering my ears and shoulders to keep me warm. I also keep my feet warm all the time. I am into aromatherapy, and I do use "manoeuvres" in certain situations; I try not to get into "manipulative" territory, because that is for no one's good, but I do use cleverness to divert people in certain situations, if there is a perceived threat.

Ahh, and I just read this:

It is noteworthy to observe the fox while it is on the hunt. We see its entire body is pointed like an arrow - straight and tightly aimed. This is a symbolic message for us to set a determined, and powerfully focused mindset in order to "hit the target" of our desires.

It reminds me of that line in the song 'Magic' by Olivia Newton-John - "Have to believe we are magic, nothing can stand in our way. Have to believe we are magic, don't let your aim ever stray"... ! big grin
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:16 pm

Solane Star wrote:
Dove

It is certainly a world in which we all need peace, and we can work with both amethyst and Dove Medicine to achieve it, especially when we are going through major changes and transitions. The peace symbolized by Dove is that of the deepest kind. It quiets our worried and troubled thoughts, and allows us to find renewal in the silence of mind.

It teaches us that, regardless of external circumstances, this quality of peace is within us, and always available to us. The regular practices of deep breathing and meditation can help us to find inner peace and enable us to move calmly and with purpose during the hours between dawn and dusk.

blu wink BE-en happy to say that I've BE-en walking, sitting, standing, sleeping, flying with the DOVE's medicine for the last 3 weeks or so, picking UP feathers & getting lots of pics of her. unsure

The girlfriend that I talk about in the BE-ginning of my thread at " I Am a Nature Photographer " , the ONE that lives in town here about 3min.s away from me, " Crystaline Star ". http://lightwarriors.heavenforum.org/scrapbook-f6/i-am-a-nature-photographer-t89.htm

Well here Mother passed away on May.2nd, Sat. afternoon while sitting on back porch of her home, ONE of her most FAVORITE spots of ALL. She watched and feed a many birds and animals in her backyard, breathing in Mother Nature and her many symbols of life. She had a massive heart attack while sitting on back porch and passed over very fast. Crystaline Star and her family ALL asked for signs to their Mother's passing and have recieved many. ONE of the first was a Hummingbird " JOY " !! !! I got my very first pic of the Hummingbird right there on her back porch last fall.

Last edited by Solane Star on Thu May 14, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Animal Totems - Page 3 191e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Quote from " A Mayan Elder... " Thread :

WOW !! !!

Right now each person and group is going his or her own way. The elder of the mountains said there is hope if the people of the light can come together and unite in some way. Reflecting on this, Mr. Barrios explained: "We live in a world of polarity: day and night, man and woman, positive and negative. Light and darkness need each other. They are a balance."

The quote above really hits home for me BE-cause, Crystaline Star is a Libra, her Sister, her Brother and of cause her BE-auti-FULL MOTHER is ALL-so Libra ( BALANCE) idea clap and Dads a Pisces the fish ( Home of Emotions !! !!)
wings luv

Well the day of my B-Day, May 8th this year, I was given ONE of the BIGGEST Gifts of LIFE and JOY !! !!

Crystaline Star and her Father come to pick me UP on the morning of May 8th at 9:00am and took me out for a drive ( A BE-auti-FULL Journey) with many Treasures on the way !! !! This is something that Crystaline's Mom loved to do, was to get out and see life, en-JOY it. So they set out on their journey to pick me UP in her van. While they were on they way here, I sat on my back porch steps with camera in hand of cause and by NOW it was no surprise that the DOVE had shown UP and landed on top of our " LIGHT POST " in the driveway, for me to get more messages and pics of her, while I'm waiting for Crystaline and her Dad.

Well I'd have to say that I was truly starting to get feelings of BE-ing so BLESSED and feeling so very honored to BE able to have others in my life that wanted to connect and share in our BIRTHINGS and DEATHS of life. O.K, this is when I start to cry and this is when she comes in and reminds me too CRY with Tears of JOY & Much PEACE !! !! " On the WINGS of a DOVE " pinkheart pinkheart Love !! !! pinkheart
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:32 pm

WELL, I'll let the pics speak for thems-ELF !! !!

Animal Totems - Page 3 049e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:38 pm

You notice the number on the Light Post, it's a 15, which adds UP to the number 6 Ven-US Vibe, Libra's number is 6 Ven-US, BE-ing their ruling planet and ALL. Libra and Taurus Both share the same Astrology Planet, Ven-US. unsure NICE !! !!
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Animal Totems - Page 3 038e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:44 pm

Animal Totems - Page 3 046e10Here's where she is calling to me !! !!
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:47 pm

Here's where she says to get ready for the JOURNEY !! !!Animal Totems - Page 3 041e11 pinkheart butterlight pinkheart
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:50 pm

Animal Totems - Page 3 057e10She's at " PEACE " with it ALL !! !!
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Animal Totems - Page 3 058e12Time to go, my ride will BE here soon !! !! blu wink blu wink
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:59 pm

The BE-st-uhhhhhhhh, of B-DAYS ever !! !! for you butterlight for you

I will post some more pics of our Journey that day, a little later, soon, very soon.

THANK-YOU Like a Star @ heaven rainbowstar Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:45 am

Awwwww, glad to hear you had such a wonderful birthday honey! Your pictures are just amazing Solane!! Keep them coming!!!!
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:46 am

Solane Star wrote:
Animal Totems - Page 3 058e12Time to go, my ride will BE here soon !! !! blu wink blu wink

I see something else in that picture too Solane - another bird connection. The knots in the wooden pole look very much like the eyes on a peacocks tail and also yin and yang symbols.

I am so moved by your posts in this thread. Your birthday sounds like it was a soul celebration. Absolutely beautiful!! It is so empowering to hear such insightful wisdom and appreciation for what really matters - life and all it's beauty rose

Interestingly, I have a peacock connection too. A few days ago I found a small chest feather from a peacock outside my bedroom on the patio. The peacocks that were here years ago are long gone so I have no explanation for it other than perhaps the wind brought it from far away. I kind of smiled at it though cos who doesn't love those pretty colours shimmering in the sun? Anyhoo, big shifts in my perspective all this week and even a resolve to build my strength and truly own my life instead of giving in to what other people expect of me. Alot of releasing of negative childhood stuff and resetting of my boundaries too. This morning, while looking through images on the computer, I come across a dandelion. Last week in the healing workshop, dandelions were mentioned and something inside me really sat up and took notice. It was connected with the puffball stage of the dandelion - the ones we used to pick and blow as kids and make wishes - some people called them santa claus whiskers and they wished for things for Christmas. Anyway to me they are a happy association from childhood. Next image that came up was the peacock. I found myself just staring at it. Then I am driving my smallest son to school and I look up to the skies. What do I see? First a dove, then an albatross and chasing/following the two a very big, luxurious phoenix with its tail dripping down towards the earth.

I found some great information here: crystalinks that even ties my old friend the crow into the peacock symbolism and Ma'at, another longterm spiritual guide.

The Black Crow sometimes also the Raven is the beginning of the great work of soul alchemy. This indicates the initial stages of the alchemist's encounter with his inner space, through withdrawing from the outer world of the senses in meditation, and entering what is initially the dark inner world of the soul. Thus this stage is also described in alchemical texts as the blackening, the nigredo experience, and it is often pictured as a death process, as in the caput mortuum, the deaths head, or as some alchemical illustrations show, the alchemist dying within a flask. Thus in the symbol of the Black Crow we have the stepping out in consciousness from the world of the physical senses the restrictions that bind us to the physical body.

With the Peacock stage, the alchemist has entered into the inner experience of the astral world, which initially appears as ever shifting patterns of colour. This experience is often symbolised in alchemy by the appropriate image of the peacock's tail with its splendid iridescence of colour. In terms of this series of five stages, the turning point is reached with the Peacock. Up until this point the alchemist has experienced aspects of his being which he was formerly unconscious of - the etheric forces and the astral body. Essentially these experiences have happened to him, although he had to make himself open to the experiences through entering into the initial Black Crow state, however, in order to progress he must begin to work upon his inner being.

The Phoenix completes this process of soul development. The Phoenix bird builds its nest which at the same time is its funeral pyre, and then setting it alight cremates itself. But it arises anew from the ashes transformed. Here we have captured the alchemists experience of spiritualisation, He has integrated his being so much, that he is no longer dependent upon his physical body as a foundation for his being. He now stands upon the sureness of the spiritual - he has in this sense attained the Philosopher's Stone, the Spiritual core of his being. Thus we can sketch shortly the process of Soul alchemy, the integration, purification and transmutation of the soul, as pictured in this series of bird symbols.

BLACK CROW - withdrawal - freeing of the from dependence on the Physical senses

PHOENIX - freeing of the spirit from the bounds of the physical

PEACOCK - astral body consciousness - inward immersion - point of transformation - outward expression integration - purification - transmutation

Thus the Black Crow and the Phoenix are related as beginning and end of the process, but in a deeper sense they are both connected with death-processes. The dying to the senses of the Black Crow stage is ultimately transformed into the triumph over the death process of the physical, that is pictured by the Phoenix.

Peacock Feathers for Protection:

The peacock is considered to be a bird of protection and safe guarding. This bird is also valued as a protection for the psychic self. There has been lore that writes that to have a peacock feather within the home this helps to safe guard any of the energy in the environment.

Peacock for Harmony

The peacock brings harmony and joy to our mind. This bird is majestic, proud with much expression and as the male bird walks and dances to the female in courting. This reminds us of the celebration in life.

Myth has the peacock representing fidelity, as it dies of grief, or remains single, if it loses its mate.

Legend says it hates gold and will not go near it.

Peacock also is said to be able to foretell rain, and dances when rain is coming.

Finding a peacock feather - good luck, harmony, serenity, peace of mind, relaxation and protection are all associated with the magnificent peacock.

Okay now here's some funny synchronicity...the myth - the feather appeared right when I was dealing with residue from a past relationship which has taught me to value myself and I have chosen to stay single until there is a healthy relationship on offer. Processing the emotions from the last guy I was with felt like wanting to die from the grief and I had been expressing those feelings right when the feather appeared. The peacock hates gold...so do I! I always said I wanted a silver wedding ring not a gold one and I prefer silver jewellery. The peacock feather arrived the day before we had floods of rain - it was also the day I went to my healing workshop...so there is the prediction of rain. And now after the peacock feather, I am feeling peaceful, protect and serene again.

Animal Totems - Page 3 Peacockdaze

The Peacock symbolizes Regeneration much like the Phoenix...

Originally, the phoenix was identified by the Egyptians as a stork or heron-like bird called a bennu, known from the Book of the Dead and other Egyptian texts as one of the sacred symbols of worship at Heliopolis, closely associated with the rising sun and the Egyptian sun-god Ra.

Animal Totems - Page 3 Benu

Oh MY LIGHTBULB MOMENT!!! That is the bird that stands in my backyard!!! It is the 'knowing bird' that arrived when my Native American guide did back in 2006 along with a water buffalo...but the bird is still there in the astral and I can see it! It's a phoenix!! affraid no way *play incidental music here as Goth collects herself*....oh wow oh wow oh wow...doing a little dance... bunney

The Phoenix became popular in early Christian art, literature and Christian symbolism, as a symbol of Christ, and further, represented the resurrection, immortality, and the life-after-death of Jesus Christ.

Like the dragon and ky-lin, the phoenix is made up of various elements, typifying the entire cosmos; it has the head of a cock (the sun), the back of a swallow as the crescent moon, its wings are the wind, its tail represents trees and flowers, and its feet are the earth; it has five colors symbolizing the five virtues; "Its color delights the eye, its comb expresses righteousness, its tongue utters sincerity, its voice chants melody, its ear enjoys music, its heart conforms to regulations, its breast contains the treasures of literature, and its spurs are powerful against transgressors" (from an ancient ritual)

The Feminine aspect (huang), denotes beauty, delicacy of feeling, and peace. It is also a bridal symbol signifying "inseparable fellowship." This is not only for the married couple but for the complete yin-yang mutual interdependence in the universe in terms of duality.

Resurrection; Christ consumed in the fires of Passion and rising again on the third day; triumph over death; faith; constancy; Christ's divine nature (as the Pelican was of his human nature).

In early Christian tradition the phoenix was adopted as being resurrection and immortality. Through Christian eyes, we are taught to believe in the resurrection, as Christ himself exhibited the character of the phoenix: "I have the power to lay down my life and to take it up again." Using Christ's life as an example, one can live a similar learning life of rejuvenation.

The phoenix makes a coffin and fills it with fine smelling spices, then dies where the stink of corruption is (effaced) by (agreeable) smells.

Man may make a coffin of faith, faith being Christ, who sheathes and protects you in days of trouble. Your good spices are your virtues-chastity, compassion, and justice, being odors of noble deeds, sweet in life (as Christian doctrine dictates).

Depart from life with the clothing of this faith, and as St. Paul states, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith, the crown of justice is restored to me."

Thus, as with all other symbols, there is a cycle, a returning to something, as in many things of life. A symbol occurs because of its reflective association (the return) with the one viewing the symbol. It is lived through the interpretation of the viewer.

Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:57 am

Oh my Goth...the birds are speaking to me and the messages are so clear and accurate...

Here is an a bit taken directly from Ted Andrew's Book Animal-Wise regarding the Albatross or more common seagull.

"...The albatross is a bird of the sea, the ancient archetype of creativity, inspiration, mothering, and nurturing energies. The fact that it spends most of its life around the sea and feeding upon the marine life reveals the need for those to whom the albatross appears to be involved in creative and artistic endeavors.

The best known of its species is "the wandering albatross," one of the largest, with twelve-foot wingspan. Like most albatross, it is an expert glider and can stay airborne for long periods of time. The albatross is a patient bird and those to whom it has appeared must be patient and be willing to glide for long periods of time. It is not unusual to find that albatross people have a period of as much as seven years in which they seem lost and unfocused, perhaps even appearing not to have goals, but they know there is something out there in the world for them. Once they find it, it will last and sustain them through the rest of their life...

Albatross people do not seem to know what to do. They are dreamers, always effortlessly seeking what will inspire and awaken them for more than just the moment. Many albatross people spend more time in school than other people, often changing their areas of study. Some seem to wander from job to job without goals or direction. Those around the albatross must be patient, for the albatross is always an omen of inspiration and ultimate success if searching continues.

To those whom the albatross appears come lessons in conserving and using our energies in the most beneficial manner. The albatross is a reminder that sometimes we have to commit fully in order to know if something is right. And even if it is not, the albatross promises that without some commitment, we will never succeed. When the albatross appears, it is a sign of something on the horizon for us. We must seek it out, trusting, and allowing the winds to carry us to that promised horizon." ~Ted Andrews, Animal-Wise The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature Dragonhawk Publishing 1999.

I am in the 7th year at the house I live in and that description of being lost for the entirety of the time here is absolutely true. I am a dreamer. I have spent most of my life studying and changing direction within those studies. I do feel there is something out there for me even though I don't know what it is. My goals are fuzzy at best...ah, commitment...now there's a word that frightens me. I always feel like once I make a commitment I have chosen the wrong thing lol. I do trust that I am being carried to that promised horizon though. YO ho, me hearties - YO HO!!!! jedi 1
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Solane Star wrote:
The BE-st-uhhhhhhhh, of B-DAYS ever !! !! for you butterlight for you

I will post some more pics of our Journey that day, a little later, soon, very soon.

THANK-YOU Like a Star @ heaven rainbowstar Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 2:48 pm

[quote="Goth~Ink"]
Solane Star wrote:

I see something else in that picture too Solane - another bird connection. The knots in the wooden pole look very much like the eyes on a peacocks tail and also yin and yang symbols.

I am so moved by your posts in this thread. Your birthday sounds like it was a soul celebration. Absolutely beautiful!! It is so empowering to hear such insightful wisdom and appreciation for what really matters - life and all it's beauty rose

Interestingly, I have a peacock connection too. A few days ago I found a small chest feather from a peacock outside my bedroom on the patio. The peacocks that were here years ago are long gone so I have no explanation for it other than perhaps the wind brought it from far away. I kind of smiled at it though cos who doesn't love those pretty colours shimmering in the sun? Anyhoo, big shifts in my perspective all this week and even a resolve to build my strength and truly own my life instead of giving in to what other people expect of me. Alot of releasing of negative childhood stuff and resetting of my boundaries too. This morning, while looking through images on the computer, I come across a dandelion. Last week in the healing workshop, dandelions were mentioned and something inside me really sat up and took notice. It was connected with the puffball stage of the dandelion - the ones we used to pick and blow as kids and make wishes - some people called them santa claus whiskers and they wished for things for Christmas. Anyway to me they are a happy association from childhood. Next image that came up was the peacock. I found myself just staring at it. Then I am driving my smallest son to school and I look up to the skies. What do I see? First a dove, then an albatross and chasing/following the two a very big, luxurious phoenix with its tail dripping down towards the earth.

I found some great information here: crystalinks that even ties my old friend the crow into the peacock symbolism and Ma'at, another longterm spiritual guide.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 2:55 pm

WELL GOTH, you beat me to the punch here, as your going to see NOW the pictures that I got that B-DAY. Crystaline Star's Father took US to ONE of his friends farms and these are some of the animals we saw that day.Animal Totems - Page 3 082e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Animal Totems - Page 3 071e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Animal Totems - Page 3 065e10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Totems
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next