Light Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ *Evolutionary Souls* ~

HomeLight WarriorsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Animal Totems

Go down 
+3
GemLover
Goth~Ink
Solane Star
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
Solane Star

Animal Totems - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Animal Totems - Page 4 080e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:06 pm

This is Crystaline Star's father feeding the goats so I can take pics of them.Animal Totems - Page 4 084e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Animal Totems - Page 4 088e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:11 pm

Animal Totems - Page 4 086e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Animal Totems - Page 4 147e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Some GEESEAnimal Totems - Page 4 119e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Animal Totems - Page 4 108e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Animal Totems - Page 4 118e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Even got some of the Ugly Duckling !! !!Animal Totems - Page 4 098e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Some Chickens & Rooster's too !! !!Animal Totems - Page 4 128e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:35 pm

Animal Totems - Page 4 129e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:42 pm

And this farm cat that was just sitting there while the Peacocks were running around strutting their feathers and making their mating call.Animal Totems - Page 4 134e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Animal Totems - Page 4 135e10
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Goth~Ink wrote:

Interestingly, I have a peacock connection too. A few days ago I found a small chest feather from a peacock outside my bedroom on the patio. The peacocks that were here years ago are long gone so I have no explanation for it other than perhaps the wind brought it from far away.

Very interesting indeed thumup

Like a Star @ heaven rainbowstar Like a Star @ heaven THANK-YOU pinkheart
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Like a Star @ heaven rainbowstar Like a Star @ heaven Night Star Sweetie, THANK-YOU for the lovely B-Day wishes pinkheart butterlight pinkheart
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:36 am

Solane Star wrote:
And this farm cat that was just sitting there while the Peacocks were running around strutting their feathers and making their mating call.Animal Totems - Page 4 134e10

no way That is the spitting image of my new cat and the one that died in March!! Now I know spirit is in action!! magik angelkat wings grouphug moonie pinkheart
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:38 am

Gorgeous photos by the way and your journey sounds awesome!! I love all the animals you have posted here. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and animal friends with us. I feel awesome after looking at them and feeling the connections. hope bluflower
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2009 6:13 pm

What a lovely cat!
Back to top Go down
Night Star
Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptySun May 17, 2009 2:29 pm

sun for you
Goats are funny. They are so cute yet have those evil looking eyes. LOL I was in a petting zoo once and I was wearing a skirt that had a print of leaves on it and a goat tried to eat my skirt! I was like HEY! LOL
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 1:37 pm

haha! I like goats. You're right, it's weird how they're cute but at first their eyes seem a little bit disturbing, lol!

A bellbird has been singing outside my house recently, in the morning mostly but also later in the day. Well, it's either a bellbird or a tui - I'm not sure because I haven't seen it, only heard it's beautiful song, and sometimes bellbirds and tui's can sound similar. My first thought was that it is a bellbird though; they are native to New Zealand and their Maori name is Korimako. My stepdad has always referred to me as "the wee bellbird". tongue There is no information on the internet about native New Zealand totem birds, but the bellbird is most renowned for it's song; they sing so clearly and musically, and I feel that this contains a message for me. Perhaps to 'sing my own song' or use my voice (either literally or figuratively). Or even to keep listening to music...

Animal Totems - Page 4 Bellbird002
Animal Totems - Page 4 Bellbird

http://www.nzbirds.com/birds/korimako.html
http://www.tiritirimatangi.org.nz/Fauna/Bellbird.htm
http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/news/release.asp?Ne_ID=77

You can hear the bellbird's song here:
http://www.backpack-newzealand.com/articles/topic51.php

Tui's are also renowned for their song:
http://www.backpack-newzealand.com/articles/topic65.php

Tuis are a bit more gutteral so I think what I'm hearing is indeed a bellbird.

big grin

(He's so campy here, it's great! ) cheesygrin

Strangely enough, while I was listening to that song, I got a strong sense/mental impression of "everything's ok". Even though I've getting a bit off-balance lately, and even though I have been in a bad mood even today, it sort of doesn't matter what happens or how I'm feeling because, in some bigger way, "everything's ok"...

And I just heard the bellbird outside again!
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:31 am

Haha great confirmation there Gem. And you are using your intuition to perfection. Everything is OK. All is exactly as it should be... thumup
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Yes! Isn't it funny how one thing triggers another thing and then you have an 'answer'... there are confirmations for me in that song too, like the "blinding light that enfolds you" - my connection with white light recently has been really intense - and "your dream that's so real, it remoulds you", is just like my astral encounters! They have remoulded and transformed my ideas of reality...
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:40 am

That's fantastic. I love when the message is confirmed or added to from different sources like that. It gives you a sense of being deeply connected with the flow of life and energies around you.

I've had a slightly unusual totem animal experience this week. I was scrubbing walls and the ceiling and I stopped for a break when this appeared on the ceiling of my kitchen...

Animal Totems - Page 4 00362-1

SALAMANDER

Assistance with Transformation

The appearance of a Salamander totem heralds transformation,
but offers assistance with this change from somewhere outside of ourselves,
either through an unexpected person or unique resource.
This assistance is temporary and will stay only as long as needed.

Harmony with the environment is very important to people with a Salamander totem.
It is key to a successful transformation –
answers and solutions will be found in the environment around us.

The animal symbolism of the salamander is deals with:

* Vision
* Energy
* Secrets
* Growth
* Balance
* Emotion
* Renewal
* Transition
* Awareness
* Spirituality
* Adaptability
* Opportunistic
* Enlightenment
* Resourcefulness

Quite a diverse list of attributes, isn't it? That's because the salamander itself is a diverse creature. In fact, its symbolic meanings are a bit slippery (pardon the pun) because the salamander is an unorthodox creature with a many outstanding qualities.

One such duality is that it is considered a solar power animal, yet it is primarily nocturnal, preferring to hunt for food in the evening hours. This is a lesson for us to demonstrate balance in our lives. In this case, the salamander also asks us to make the best use of our time (both day and night) and wisely balance the opportunities we have at our fingertips.

Perhaps the most profound meanings of the salamander are when we observe it in nature. To illustrate, the symbolism of water deals with transformation, intuition and motion. Therefore, water dwelling creatures such as the salamander hold symbolism of psyche, spirituality, emotion, and ease of motion. These attributes are intensified by the salamander's nocturnal nature because night time is symbolic of shadows, secrets, dreams, intuition and psychic abilities too.

Salamanders regrow their tail and limbs if lost in near-missed bites from their predators or other calamities. This is symbolic of renewal, regeneration, rebirth and growth. Here the salamander beckons us to call upon our deepest internal resources to produce the development we require in our lives. It is also a message that there is never loss, and to seek out renewal whenever possible.

Animal symbolism of the salamander continues when we learn it is cold blooded. This is analogous of adaptability and adjusting to our environment. The salamander asks us to perceive the changes going on around us and adapt to our best ability rather than fight against the changes.

The salamander comes to those who are in need of change in their lives. The salamander evolutionary feat to observe, and as such, it asks us to evolve in our own lives.

source: what's your sign

Like frogs, salamanders are amphibians, which in Latin means "double life." Salamanders are born in water, and in their "second life" live on land.

In many ways the life cycle of the salamander relates to inspiration. The visions of that which we want to achieve are first ideas, often seeming as hard to grasp as water. To fulfill them, we must bring them into physical reality, for which the earth element is a symbol.

So often it seems the magic of our first vision gets lost when we transform it to the practical reality of accomplishment, but this may be because we haven't been flexible enough in terms of adapting to this new environment. We can learn how to adjust to a new element with the help of Salamander Medicine.

Part of flexibility involves being aware of all of one's senses and understanding the information they give us. Here again, Salamander is a helpful totem. This animal is highly sensitive. Most absorb water through their skin, and some even breathe through their skin. Thus, they are highly aware of their environment, and know instantly when it has changed. A similar awareness can benefit us, and it is equally important to view our dreams and visions in the context of the environment in which they will exist.

Salamander is also important for those who are emotionally sensitive, picking up the energies of others. Working with Salamander can turn this trait into a strength, instead of a source of disharmony.

Finally, though Salamander is primarily a creature of water, in magical traditions it relates to the element of fire, an agent of transformation. Thus, this power animal can help those who feel stuck in a mode to become re-energized and renew their dream with the fire of passion.

And strangely enough I have been invoking change through the use of fire in my life. I was using water to wash the walls and ceilings but it seemed more symbolic than simple housework. I have been decluttering and spring cleaning not just my physical environment but also my internal landscape for a few weeks now. The fire is the last part - the cleansing and releasing of the old. Outside we have a fire pit and inside I burn incense. I've had help from external sources who have helped with the transformation whether they were aware of it or not.

A few days ago there was a small wood lizard in the kitchen. My daughter picked it up to put it outside so the cats didn't get it and it dropped its tail...yet another message from the salamanders although at the time it went unnoticed. This is all about transformation and turning my skills into strengths instead of letting them go to waste or hold me back.

Amazing - thank you salamander messengers!!! wings
Back to top Go down
GemLover
Light Warrior
Light Warrior
GemLover

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:48 am

I've read about salamander totems before... awesome that you received such a striking visual message Goth!

I don't want to clog up the thread with YouTube stuff, so I PM'd you another little confirmation. big grin
Back to top Go down
Goth~Ink
Administrator
Administrator
Goth~Ink

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 EmptySun May 24, 2009 6:47 am

blu wink Thanks Gem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Totems   Animal Totems - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Totems
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next